Ipsy and the Male Gender

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This something I have been curious about for quite a while and I hope this is the right place for a thread on it.

Are there any male Ipsy subscribers? As in biologically male subscribers who maintain an outwardly "male"/masculine appearance in at least part of their day to day life? Sorry, I tried to word that as nicely as possible, but I am not talking about biological males who live their lives as "female"/feminine.

I look on MUT and on the FB posts and I never, ever see a single male commenter, or at least I have not in the 10 months I have been subscribed.

Does Ipsy even allow male subscribers?

Yes, I realize most of the products are feminine based, but there are men, including "straight" men, who wear make-up, some of them quite a bit. And I know a lot of men who use skin care and hair care.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJessicaMary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This something I have been curious about for quite a while and I hope this is the right place for a thread on it.

Are there any male Ipsy subscribers? As in biologically male subscribers who maintain an outwardly "male"/masculine appearance in at least part of their day to day life? Sorry, I tried to word that as nicely as possible, but I am not talking about biological males who live their lives as "female"/feminine.

I look on MUT and on the FB posts and I never, ever see a single male commenter, or at least I have not in the 10 months I have been subscribed.

Does Ipsy even allow male subscribers?

Yes, I realize most of the products are feminine based, but there are men, including "straight" men, who wear make-up, some of them quite a bit. And I know a lot of men who use skin care and hair care.

I am sure there are a few, and of course they are allowed!  Birchbox once featured an unboxing video for the women's box that a male subscriber did (and his subscription was for the women's box).  If BB has male subscribers, Ipsy will too.

PS. the term you are looking for is cisgendered! it is literally the opposite of transgendered :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (cis meaning on the side of and trans meaning on the other side of)

Latest posts

Back