(Spoilers) November Birchbox 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's really early found this on Instagram :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's really early found this on Instagram
smile.gif

Hmmm.. never heard of this brand!

OOOH, Midnight Tango sounds yummy smelling! From the description, I'm envisioning creamsicles....

Hahaha it's never too early.... for Birchbox!

Ooooh, November might be a *holiday*-type box!  Yay!

Guh.  I just looked up that scent.  I was thinking something heavily perfumey and heavy on the amber.  I have problems with certain ambers.  But I am a sucker for anything orange blossom.  I might end up getting the full-sized version whether I get it in my box or not.

(I really, really hope they don't go with another round of "give this men's fragrance sample to a man in your life!"  I have a weird conspiratorial suspicion that the men's stuff showing up in the plus-2s could be a way for them to test what men's samples get the least pushback when sent to a woman.  I think pretty much anything *but* a fragrance could be given to the guys in my life.  They are all very anti-men's cologne, but shower gel, shaving cream, hair goo, beard oil, unscented/mint/citrus hand cream?  They would not hate that stuff, which is the best I can hope for when it comes to fancy grooming products with these dudes.  It would have been cool if the Chapstick had been sent with the pass-it-along direction next month.  Just about every guy I know is more than happy to receive Chapstick, especially in the winter.  My brother once asked specifically for a Costco pack of the stuff -- original black label version, thankyouverymuch -- for Christmas, and our dad probably went through at least a couple of tubes a month before he retired since he was a timber cutter and outside in the sun/cold all day, every day.  I would have kept it for myself, but that's a whole separate thing.  Another pass-it-on idea, this time not for men:  Two samples of the same, say, shower gel.  Keep one for yourself, pass one on to a friend.)

I'm looking forward to the November box because it's Winter and that means less chance of getting tan towels. I Hope. I keep acquiring them, first in my Birchbox, then as unexpected extras in trades and stuff, and I'm just tired of getting tan towels. If they ever come out with a variety of Comodynes brand I haven't gotten in my Bb, I feel like I will get it that month. But, hey, they trade faster than anything else I've had on my list, so they must work pretty well. November really seems like the most likely month they wouldn't send tan towels, so I'm very optimistic about next month's box.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Guh.  I just looked up that scent.  I was thinking something heavily perfumey and heavy on the amber.  I have problems with certain ambers.  But I am a sucker for anything orange blossom.  I might end up getting the full-sized version whether I get it in my box or not.

(I really, really hope they don't go with another round of "give this men's fragrance sample to a man in your life!"  I have a weird conspiratorial suspicion that the men's stuff showing up in the plus-2s could be a way for them to test what men's samples get the least pushback when sent to a woman.  I think pretty much anything *but* a fragrance could be given to the guys in my life.  They are all very anti-men's cologne, but shower gel, shaving cream, hair goo, beard oil, unscented/mint/citrus hand cream?  They would not hate that stuff, which is the best I can hope for when it comes to fancy grooming products with these dudes.  It would have been cool if the Chapstick had been sent with the pass-it-along direction next month.  Just about every guy I know is more than happy to receive Chapstick, especially in the winter.  My brother once asked specifically for a Costco pack of the stuff -- original black label version, thankyouverymuch -- for Christmas, and our dad probably went through at least a couple of tubes a month before he retired since he was a timber cutter and outside in the sun/cold all day, every day.  I would have kept it for myself, but that's a whole separate thing.  Another pass-it-on idea, this time not for men:  Two samples of the same, say, shower gel.  Keep one for yourself, pass one on to a friend.)
I'm where you are. All the men in my life hate cologne. So the last two times I got them they went totally to waste. When it comes to skin care products, my fiance is always eager to try out the new things I get, though.

Latest posts

Back