MAC eyeshadows.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
GR. Is anyone feeling like i am?

I got some MAC eyeshadows for Christmas and i am sort of bummed about them . For me, they aren't blending right and i have to apply a ton of it to get the actual color. i use a primer on my eyes and use mac brushes but for some reason, they don't blend well for me.

For example, i got this and was pretty dissapointed
173078.jpg

Plum Dressing, Greensmoke Eye Shadow didn't go on well at all. anyone have this issue or tips on how to make it go on brighter and blend better? I have only had good luck with shimmery shades like the belle azures..

I would try using a paint or a shadestick as a base to help with the colors. You can start with BAre Canvas and Beige-ing and then gravitate towards mauvism and Chartru for a more intense color.

What base are you using Brittany? That might make an effect on how the shadows are going on...

yeah i agree with the other ladies. if you use a base that helps the color to go on more vibrant. also like Trisha said goat hair brushes are great b/c you can pack on the color.

I cannot pull off that Plum Dressing e/s at all. On me, the pigmentation was pretty dark, like a cranberry color, but eh, it made me look like I had bloody eyes! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I liked the Petalescent and Retrospeck e/s. I used them below my eyebrows as highlighters. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not sure how I feel about the Lady Fabulous l/s. I'm not used to wearing lavendar lipsticks! :confused:

Ok, well honestly Brittany, I think you just pinpointed the possible problem! Using a moisturizer as a base isn't really the best way to get even color. For example, when you put moisturizer on your face, let it dry, then try to put on blush, it will most often come out spotty and splotchy. The same is true of e/s!

Try using either Urban Decay's Primer Potion, or my favorite, MAC Paint (with or without MAC Cream Color Base on top). This will help your e/s go on smoothly and help with blending as well.

lol, neither did I until someone turned me on to bases! I didn't like makeup nearly as much as I do now bc I would never get it to stay on me like it seemed to on others...

I am going to make a eye makeup base video tut showing the combo of Paint and Cream Color Base that I love using for my makeup, so hopefully it will be up in a few days. Maybe that will help those looking for a good base for their makeup.

I looked into the UD base :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But for mac, it seems they only sell colored paints:? Not sure, are there any other good bases out there? If so, are they are for the eyes?

The Paints they sell are colors, but there are a few that are "skin" colored and pretty much undetectable under shadows. I use MAC Bare Canvas, and even though it is too light to match my skin, you can't see it AT ALL underneath my shadows...

Back