Ipsy bags and location. Maybe a connection?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!  I'm a new member here and, when I join a community, I read a post and then look to the left for names/pics in order to help me learn names.  

When people were posting their glam bags, I started looking for people who had the same bag I was getting and noticed that, out of those with a location, many people in my geographic area (the midwest) shared the same bag and there were (when I last looked, anyway) none that I can recall outside of my geographic area with the bag I'm getting.em

I've read about 3/4 of the August thread, all of the September thread, and all of the October thread and I've noticed that a common irritation has been getting a bag that doesn't match up with a person's preferred profile.  Since Ipsy bags apparently go out in waves, I'm wondering if geographic location is playing a bigger part in what bag a person gets, rather than profile.  

This is kind of what I'm thinking.  Ipsy might have set up specific geographic delivery regions and, based on when the product arrives from each supplier, that might be more what decides what goes in each bag. 

I have theories, but this is long and I'll spare you my long, possibly rambling, likely inaccurate, theories.  

For those of you who have been with Ipsy for longer than me, have you noticed this type of geographic trend?

I honestly haven't, but I'm from a fairly rural area.  It would be interesting if we got some members from a densely populated geographic area (i.e. NYC or LA) to post their bag contents.  I'm sure we'd see some kind of variation - Canadian bags shipped first and I've seen several variation in their glam bags!

Gotta love IpsyMatch... It's a conundrum, wrapped in a mystery, hit over the head with a sledgehammer... lol.

I have three friends who all receive bags. We all live within 10 minutes from each other (one of them is within walking distance from me). All four of us get vastly different bags. It's a good theory, though! Maybe we are odd. I don't even pretend to be normal any more. Average, yes. Normal? Death first :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My mother in law and I both get bags and have yet to get duplicate bags. And most of the time we get them on the same day.

Myself and two of my friend all live within 10 minutes of each other. Last month they received almost the same items with one variation and this month they received all of the same items. I have never received a bag that was close to theirs even though. there style is a like though but vastly different from mine, so maybe our quiz works for us? 

I live close to the midwest, I dont get my bags early nor late. But right in the middle of the month, I get the Cailyns, the Urban Decay and all the desired items, I get great bags.

Back