Chanel Beauty Advisor Interview :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I have an opportunity to be considered for a position at Chanel cosmetics and I would like to ask for some advice! First of all, what kind of questions do they ask? It is only my second interview, but I got interviewed by 2 different people at my first interview and I received a call informing me that I was going to be considered for a Chanel position!

What should I prepare for this interview? Is there any hands on makeup application for this type of interview? I know this is kind of personal, but what is the starting pay for working at Chanel? Is there any discounts for buying Chanel products? Are there certain sales questions they ask? I know it's different for locations and I am living in CA. 

I have no previous retail experience so it would be great if anyone can give me any advice at all. Thank you everyone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a question for you, actually. How long did it take for them to get back to you? I submitted an application for beauty manager a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I want this job more than anything.

And yes, I hear Chanel is generous with their employee discount.

Hi Deareux :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think you should contact them just to make sure they received your application. I applied on a weekday and the next day I received an email saying that they wanted to set up an interview. I scheduled the interview for the following week because of my schedule. Sometimes you might not get an interview also because of your questionnaire answers. But that's probably not the case for you. Just email [email protected] or call your local macy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope that helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Deareux :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think you should contact them just to make sure they received your application. I applied on a weekday and the next day I received an email saying that they wanted to set up an interview. I scheduled the interview for the following week because of my schedule. Sometimes you might not get an interview also because of your questionnaire answers. But that's probably not the case for you. Just email [email protected] or call your local macy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope that helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ah, gotcha! I left a message on the hiring manager's voicemail. I don't want to nag them. I applied to Chanel Corporate. Maybe they just take longer than Macy's does. My current job took months to get back to me.

First and foremost, the department store will interview you. You will have a second interview with the counter manager of that particular brand. Then, you will have a third interview with the account executive with that brand via phone. They will give you a time and you have to be available for that time. Make sure you are in a quiet place, with no noise. They will ask you questions like "What are your favorite [insert brand] products? Do you currently use any products with [insert brand]?" to questions like "Describe a situation where you had conflicts with a customer or coworker..." to "Why do you want to work with [insert brand]?"

It helps to be prepared. I read history about the brand and studied it, as if it were a test. You will receive discounts, as you will receive gratis from the classes you attend. You will earn a commission plus commission for other makeup counters in the store including fragrance counters, etc.

After the interview, you will receive a phone call within a day to a week on whether or not you got the job. When I interviewed for a high end brand, I got a call the same day that informed me that I was hired. There are a lot of great things about working as a sales associate representing a high-end cosmetic brand. And although I quit, it was a great job and I will never forget it.

Good luck!

Back