Pics of my perm!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a cold perm about a month ago and thought I'd share pics.  I was so tired of my fine, lifeless hair that frizzed and had to be blown out and flat ironed every day.  In this photo, I just blow dried my hair for a few minutes with a diffuser.  I can also let it air dry and it doesn't look as full as this when I do.

It's easy to find pics of digital perms but so few people get cold perms these days that pics are hard to find!  I hadn't had a perm since probably 1990 and I was scared, but I'm super happy with how it turned out.

I like it. I have very fine hair also and I used to always have it permed. Do you know what size rods were used? I always wanted loose curls like you have but my stylist wouldnt do it. She said loose curl wouldn't last in my hair.

My stylist used 1" rods.  It's already loosened a good bit and I do think I'll have to get it repermed every 8 - 10 weeks.  Hopefully no longer using the flat iron and using very little heat now will make up for all the chemicals that I'll be putting on my hair.

I'm having trouble getting the photo to post for some reason, but this is how my hair looked after letting it air dry just a couple days after my perm.  The curls have definitely loosened since then.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/17/2f/2a/172f2a1fcf42111bda14477d13c7d6e9.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the texture! Looks great!
Thank you!

I love your curls! You should post a picture before your perm, like a before and after? :$ 

This is before, except it had grown out a couple inches.  It took a lot of work when it was straight - blow dry with round brush and flat iron every day, and then it would still get frizzy and start to look gross by the end of the day.  I went with the perm because I wanted something lower maintenance, and it's exactly what I hoped for. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Poly88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love your curls! You should post a picture before your perm, like a before and after? :$ 

Done!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by GoDawgs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is before, except it had grown out a couple inches.  It took a lot of work when it was straight - blow dry with round brush and flat iron every day, and then it would still get frizzy and start to look gross by the end of the day.  I went with the perm because I wanted something lower maintenance, and it's exactly what I hoped for. 

Wow! You're lucky that you can wear your hair however you want and still look great! I understand what you went through cause it's a pain in the butt blow-drying it and iron it almost everyday. I got sick of it & now I leave it "al natural" haha, which its not straight straight but it has some light waves on bottom...Love it both ways, thank you for sharing! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by GoDawgs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got a cold perm about a month ago and thought I'd share pics.  I was so tired of my fine, lifeless hair that frizzed and had to be blown out and flat ironed every day.  In this photo, I just blow dried my hair for a few minutes with a diffuser.  I can also let it air dry and it doesn't look as full as this when I do.

It's easy to find pics of digital perms but so few people get cold perms these days that pics are hard to find!  I hadn't had a perm since probably 1990 and I was scared, but I'm super happy with how it turned out.

I really love how you hair turned out.  My hair is straight and my stylist suggested a perm.  I probably should.  My hair is a little longer than yours and it may loosen more.  I would love it as pretty as your! 

Oooh Nice! I like it. Looks very pretty. I like it better than the straight so if it's easier to maintain that's just icing
biggrin.gif

Back