Good inexpensive BB creams?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over the summer, I was introduced to BB creams and I love the idea however I have not yet found one that I like. High end brands like MAC and Dior are out of my monetary reach so I was wondering if anyone on here had a suggestion for a moderate coverage BB cream under $20.00. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I scored a bottle of Garnier's BB Cream via bzzagent and really fell in love with it. It's my go-to for days when I do a low maintenence look.

I scored a bottle of Garnier's BB Cream via bzzagent and really fell in love with it. It's my go-to for days when I do a low maintenence look.
Thanks! I'll have to check it out

About a month ago I bought a BB at Ulta that works great and is way under 20 dollars. It is by Rimmel and I recommend you try it. Hope this helps!

I have tried a ton of BB and CC creams, many very high end and my go to, which I wear every day is Missha Perfect Cover. I love the high SPF and it is not so sheer like many of the BB creams are really like a tinted moisturizer, which is not enough coverage for me. A tube lasts forever and they have lots of sales. Missha has a US website and you can sign up for emails

I must admin until a few days ago I had no idea what a BB Cream actually is. I kept seeing them everywhere, but since I use very minimal makeup, I had no idea what they were. I think I'm going to Sephora to buy one after work today... mostly out of curiosity to see what it will do to my skin.

Thanks @lorizav and @GoDawgs and @birdiebijou for your recommendations above! 

Hey there, I really like shopping for Korean BB Creams on ebay. You can find a whole lot of great creams that way. Even with the international shipping they can still be cheaper than Sephora. This is one of my favorite BB creams from Korea. Holika Holika Peach Girl SPF 37. It comes in 2 shades. Light or dark. This is the light color. I know it looks odd swatched on my hand but my face is a different shade than my hand. It rocks because it comes with a built in blush and mirror in the cap! The blush is a peachy orangeish pink cream and it stays put all day long.
This particular BB cream is currently selling for $24 which includes shipping to the US. One bottle lasts a long time though as a little goes a long way. You can find other brands on there cheaper tho if $20 is your absolute cut off. I also love Baviphat brand. The only downside is you can't really return eBay BB's like you can with Sephora but the plus is more variety and such. Many bloggers have photo and video reviews though so that can be helpful with deciding and also you can find sample sizes on eBay too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope that helps. PS: I am Caucasian and I find most Asian BB creams still work with my skin tone just use a little less and blend it out. Also I must add, almost ALL of the Asian BB creams I've tried are scented! So if you have really sensitive skin or do not like scented creams I would avoid. But I will say that I adore the scent of Asian creams more than US made creams (Urban Decay's is the grossest!) but the scent does fade as the cream oxidizes on your face. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've used Lioele Beyond the Solution, and I love it. I've also used Maybelline and I like it, it's okay. And I got a sample from Ulta of Smashbox BB Cream, but it was in light/medium, I like the texture and feel of it, but it was a bit too dark for me. I'd be better off with just light.

i have no others to compare but i like covergirl's bb cream in light/medium.  it is the first one i've tried, but i like it.  it seems to  give my skin a healthier appearance

I agree with PrettyKiss about the Holika Holika Peach Girl BB Cream...it's what I wear every day, and it's moisturizing and it has really nice coverage. I love it! I bought mine for $20 on ebay by bello-girl, and if I remember correctly, it had free shipping!

I'm Korean, so I am partial to the Asian BB and CC creams, as the colors tend to work better on my skintone.. I would be careful buying off ebay, though, as I've heard horror stories about the number of fakes sold on there.

A number of the Asian brands will let you buy either individual sample/small sizes (the ones I'm thinking of are 5ml), or a set of samplers, which is a nice if you're buying online and aren't sure of color/formula/fragrance/etc.

I'm curious about how you can tell if the creams on eBay are fake or not? Also I guess I always figured if I got stuck with a fake one I could just file a PayPal claim if the seller was unwilling to resolve. So far I've had really good success with all the Asian beauty products which I've purchased on both ebay and amazon so if I have been getting fakes, they're damn good fakes lol. But if Holika Holika shipped overseas straight from Korea, I'd gladly buy from them. That's not an option for me now though I have emailed both them and Sephora asking if they'd please sell to US customers. They'd get so much biz! Anyhoo...would be cool to have an Asian beauty thread so we could talk about our fave products not sold in US stores though I'm sure there's already one on here somewhere. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> While we're on the topic though here are some other creams I have used:
Swatches:
Here's how they compare to the two American creams I own:
UD and Boscia look the darkest on my hand and they also look ridiculous on my face. I save these for summer when I'm tan ish. The Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB and Baviphat magic Girl BB match my skin tone the best. My face is about one shade lighter than the back of my hand for reference. The white stuff is a clearish BB cream primer with an iridescent shine to it and works well with any BB cream brand. The Super BB in the hot pink tube is too much of a yellowish grey taupe shade for my skin. Here is a pic of the sample sizes I've received from eBay:
sorry for the terrible lighting... my bathroom is unfortunately a bad place for photos. U__U;; But I just wanted to show there are a wide variety out there so if some of the readily available brands in store don't work for your skin tone don't be afraid to try the Asian brands. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the good news is that BB creams are becoming increasingly popular in other countries besides Korea/Japan/etc. So they're starting to make more shades. I bought these a while ago so by now, Boscia (as well as Smashbox) have lighter shades available. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope this helps someone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The best inexpensive BB cream I have found yet is the new one from Olay. If I recall correctly, it was just a bit under $10. It's a really great product for days when I want to go low-key with my makeup--there's just enough coverage to even the skin tone, sheer enough so it doesn't look like a thick spackle of base, yet wears for hours.

Latest posts

Back