Philosophy eye cream burns!?!??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received a sample of the Philosophy miraculous anti-aging retinoid eye repair in the latest QVC beauty test tube. I do not have sensitive skin.  I try many samples of all kinds of different skin care products (one at a time) and have never had any kind of reaction.  But boy!, this eye cream is making my under eyes and the very outside corners of my eyes BURN. 

Has anyone tried this eye cream?  Is retinoid supposed to burn?  Obviously I will not continue with this eye cream, I guess I am more shocked at my skins reaction.  

Uhg this makes me so worried because I just ordered this stuff because the lady at Sephora highly recommended it. I have sensitive skin. And it's really expensive, too. I will be getting it in the mail in the next couple days, so I will let you know then if I have the same reaction.

My friend tried it. She got a sample of this eye cream. She started using it but after 1st application, she got some unwanted effects like burning sensation and watery eyes. So she stopped using it. And searching for a good eye cream. But don't worry there are so many eye cream that actually works and gives very good results without unwanted effects. You can see the best eye cream reviews.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I get the same burning/sensitive corners of eyes thing too with this cream.  I also had some inconsistent sample tubes formula wise too.  The first tube of it was really balmy, thick, like non shiny Vaseline.  The second tube of it was thinner, only half as balmy in texture.  Both were the 100 point perk tube size from Sephora.  I'm still working on the second tube, and just deal with the burning, because so far it gives decent results.

I wish I could find an eye cream that didn't burn or smell weird, and gave good results.  I've tried so many, from 10$ drugstore brands, to 100$ high end brands.

So I ended up getting this because it was recommended to me at Sephora, and I've been using it for a few weeks now. Surprisingly I haven't experienced any burning or ill effects from it. Which makes me happy because like I said before, I have sensitive skin. Hopefully you guys will have better luck soon!

I cannot say surely say but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals. apart from this according to review of philosophy anti-aging eye cream on Consumer Health Digest this cream contains a rather large amount of barium sulfate, which could cause irritation and unique retinol used doesn't come with clinical studies and specific research i would suggest you if the irritation persists then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back