Deareux

Anyone on Brand Backer?

It's a platform that connects brands with bloggers. Bloggers get free products/samples and sometimes payment if they are accepted by a brand for a feature. If there's a brand/item that you are interested in blogging about, you apply to that project and the brand will look over your blog. If they see a fit, you'll get accepted and receive samples/products to blog about.

Right now I got accepted to a lip pencil review from BA STAR. They're sending me samples and a coupon code to post.

Is anyone else on there? 

• Like 1

I am. I recently did a campaign with them. Very professional and, at least in my campaign, the brand communicates directly with you during the process. I love that they often include a discount or GWP code.

I signed up a few days ago. Need to take some time to get on the site and check it out a bit more.

I did the Victoria Jackson Foundation Duo campaign and now have the Holiday Smokey Eye Palette to review.

@@pokeballssohard mine is fairy new too and I was accepted to brand backer and I'm actually in 2 separate campaigns for the One Direction make up collection. Definitely apply!

• Like 1

I got accepted to review a vitamin C serum! Yay! 

Thanks for encouraging me to apply to some offers @putabowon. I'm glad did. 

I got into this one too! :) 

I was a little nervous about the whole shipping reimbursement thing, but I messaged them & they sent me the $$ via PayPal in less than an hour. Mine should be here Monday & I'm super excited to try it! Love skincare stuff. 

• Like 1

I got into this one too! :)

I was a little nervous about the whole shipping reimbursement thing, but I messaged them & they sent me the $$ via PayPal in less than an hour. Mine should be here Monday & I'm super excited to try it! Love skincare stuff. 

For some reason they weren't able to refund my shipping (I think they were confused by the way i worded my e-mail) but they said they'd send me ANOTHER serum to make up for the shipping cost so I thought that was pretty cool!

I submitted my blog post for the 1D makeup on Thursday and am still waiting for it to be approved. I've gone ahead and published it since tomorrow is the last day for the campaign.

So also, I got accepted to the Makeup by One Direction campaign, which is great... except for the fact that I know nothing about One Direction! Haha. I didn't think it was totally accessible to get into campaigns if you weren't a very established blog so I kind of just clicked it and forgot I'd even signed up for approval.

I just gave some of their songs a listen to on youtube and, in my opinion, they're much better than I expected, but still pretty generic. They lyrics and sound are a notch above the typical boy-band. I just have a general bias against most boy band-esque musicians these days. They kind of build their whole marketing strategy around benefiting from young girl's low self esteem by singing generalized songs that they can relate to, and drive many of them to unhealthy levels of obsession/infatuation. Like, first comment on the youtube video I watched was "Harry is mine, don't touch him." Which of course broke out into a fight in the comments about which girl who had never met him he belonged to. -sigh-

But sure, I'll take their makeup for free! Haha.

I also got into that one with one direction and I will take free makeup anyday! 

I also am in the Vit C serum and I have been using it -  I love the smell of freshly squeezed orange juice - lol

I also am in the Exuviance one - but not for the Exuviance Illumination Duo - they ran out of that and are sending me the Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 treatment, which they say will take 3-4 weeks to get to me.    Which is a long time, I think.  Brandbacker states that I should let them know in 7 days if I haven't gotten it, so I might do that so they don't think I am ignoring the campaign.

• Like 1

I got into the One Direction campaign, too!  *So* not their target demographic, but, yeah, free makeup!  I'll take it! 

(My mom was into the boy bands of the late '90s/early '00s, like 'N Sync, Backstreet Boys, and 98 Degrees.  She was fifty.  She raised me on folk music, psychedelia, and rock.  I have no idea where her fondness for that stuff came from, but, damn, it can be freakishly catchy.  In related news, I somehow have an early 'N Sync video on my computer, and it just popped up iTunes about half an hour ago, and, yeesh, the things stylists do to groups.  It's kind of tragic.)

• Like 1

@@meaganola Oh no, don't get me wrong. I love me some 'N Sync and Backstreet boys, and I will jam to Justin Timberlake until the end of time. But I just liked their music, I never got into the whole "I'm going to marry Justin Timberlake" thing. Though, I can't say I'd turn him down if he approached me for a date. I mean, he did bring sexy back.  :laughno:

I just hate the whole preying on insecure young ladies marketing scheme. I mean, these girls will buy anything with Justin Beiber or One Direction on it because they are 13 and convinced they are in love with one of them. This makeup is just a part of that. I don't imagine I could say that on my review though, huh? lol

I will just stick to reviewing the makeup fairly and honestly without talking about my personal feelings on the band. I'm really hoping I don't get the tin with blue eye shadow. I hate blue eyeshadow, so it would be in their best interest to send me the neutral looking one.

@@biancardi Same here on the Exuviance. I am excited to try the peel though!

Edited by pokeballssohard
  • Like 1

The blue shadow is horrible. Paired with grays, blacks or browns it works out but as a kit... it was bleh.

@pokeballssohard  Oops, I wasn't replying to you!  I was just rambling about my own connection to boy bands.  (And I'll take the blue eyeshadow!  If it makes your eyes bleed, it's my kind of color!)  They're something I associate as Never Meant for Me:  I'm too old for the boy bands of the past twenty years, and I was too much of a music snob for New Kids on the Block (the boy band from my high school days.  I was all about Frank Zappa, the Doors, and Branford Marsalis, of all artists to obsess over in the '80s).

Maybe it's just my own stance on marriage (NEVER EVER EVER), but I've never interpreted these groups and ad campaigns as playing to insecurities.  It's just a matter of trying to collect everything with that brand attached.  It's why fandom stuff is so popular:  I don't want to marry the Doctor (although all the storage space in the TARDIS must be pretty sweet), but I will buy all of the eyeshadow and nail polish I can find based on _Doctor Who_.

• Like 3

I will just stick to reviewing the makeup fairly and honestly without talking about my personal feelings on the band. I'm really hoping I don't get the tin with blue eye shadow. I hate blue eyeshadow, so it would be in their best interest to send me the neutral looking one.

I got into this one as well and am also hoping I don't get the one with the blue shadow. It just looks so terrible and is not something I would normally wear. 

Similar to BrandBacker, is anyone using Tomoson? There seem to be more available options on that site. So far, I've been given a facial sponge, cleansing oil, and a moisturizer for review. 

Edited by msambrosia
  • Like 1

@@msambrosia I'll definitely have to check that out! I need companies to throw more free stuff at me haha.

So, I got the Exuviance peel today and I'm not exactly sure what it is? Like, is this an at home chemical peel? I've never used anything like this.

2eg7a77.jpg

It has an activator pad and neutralizer pad. I'm interested, but also a little apprehensive. 

@@msambrosia I'll definitely have to check that out! I need companies to throw more free stuff at me haha.

So, I got the Exuviance peel today and I'm not exactly sure what it is? Like, is this an at home chemical peel? I've never used anything like this.

2eg7a77.jpg

It has an activator pad and neutralizer pad. I'm interested, but also a little apprehensive. 

I got mine as well.  And I feel like you do.  I am going to try it initially on my forehead - I have bangs, so I can hide any redness or something.  I am going to try this tonight.

• Like 1

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• I've finished my Yves Rocher Sensitive Vegetal mini cream, and I have moved on to a mini glass bottle of The Ghost Oil from Poetic Blend (October 2017 Petit Vour box). One of the great things about the No Buy/Project Use It Up is that it has freed me from my compulsive decluttering. Compulsive decluttering is a real thing that is recognized as a mental health issue. It is a compulsive need to get rid of things and throw things away, in an excessive manner. This is an attempt to control anxiety and other emotions. So many beautiful cosmetics ended up in my garbage pail, not old, well used things, but pretty things I loved and wanted. The compulsive decluttering arose from two primary emotional states, as far as I can tell. The first was unhappiness with my face and hair and appearance. I would try a product once or twice, then look in the mirror and feel disappointed. I felt I did not look any better. So I would throw away the pretty new items and go and look for something else. Now, I never look in the mirror and pick on myself. Instead, I look at my little jars and bottles and see how close they are to being used up. That is the goal now. It has taken the pressure off of using them and looking for a certain result on my face. Once an item is fully used, I know I have done the best I could with my looks, and that is all I can do. And I enjoy the pretty items. If I do see my face and think it looks bad, I just kindly tell myself I am tired from stress or work. In the past, I never gave the pretty lotions and makeup a chance. It takes time for lotions to work, and experimentation to learn to apply a particular makeup product to one's specific facial structure.  The second emotion that drove my compulsive decluttering was anxiety about money, about spending, frustration with wanting more than I could afford. I wanted to control all that, and I felt that by getting rid of the things I could make the anxiety and want go away. I would feel better for a bit after throwing things out, but it never solved my problems. I would go out and buy more the next day. Instead, now I use up all my things up instead of buying new, and I have the anxiety, guilt, and compulsive shopping under control. I threw away so many pretty things, and I regret it so much. I wasted things and money, and hurt myself really badly. I could have enjoyed so much more, saved so much money, been so much happier. The last time I decluttered was in 2017, before I began this No Buy, and it means so much to me.  **I should clarify that the cosmetics thrown away were new, expensive, and nice. I'm not talking about throwing away old, expired, broken things, or things I was allergic to. And it was not just a matter of a few things; it was just about all my things, for years and years, decades. I would buy nice things, use them one or twice, throw them away, and buy more. I hurt myself so much. I am so glad this is gone now.   
    • Detoxing our body every now and then is very important. We need to detox our body every now and then to flush away the toxic substances accumulated into our system. There are numerous reasons for this like environmental pollution, unhealthy foods, water we drink, air we breath and so on...... Check here for easy to make detox drinks http://skincarey.com/healthy-skin/effective-detox-drinks-for-healthy-skin/
    • They follow a simple , yet effective skin care routine. They just stick to this routine and maintain there skin wellbeing .    http://skincarey.com/beauty-tips/celebrities-will-never-miss-this-skin-care-routine/
    • http://skincarey.com/beauty-tips/celebrities-will-never-miss-this-skin-care-routine/   this skin care routine is best for overall skin health.
    • There’s a new trend overtaking once popular lash extensions, the eyelash lift https://yumilashes.com.au/shop/?page=1  the magic effect of the procedure, eyelashes become much darker, thicker and longer.

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook