Sample Society November 2013 (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A sneak peek from SS:

A mini Illume candle.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A sneak peek from SS:

A mini Illume candle.

I just saw this in my email! I'm excited~

Just in case anyone needed, signed up this month for free with following code. Not sure if it will work again,but figured should share!! Only works with NEW subscribers.

GQCFF7CFHE

On topic, am super excited to try this sub!! And the 

candle
looks great!

I'm pretty happy with both of the spoilers so far. This is only my 3rd month with Sample Society but it has never let me down so I'm counting on another great month of goodies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm thinking about joining SS now that one of my other subs has gone kaboom.. but I'm trying to hold out for a free code or until my money is refunded from the other sub (since I spent it before my no buy, it doesn't count!! haha!) I tried the one posted by @rachelshine unfortunately it didn't seem to work =( so I went ahead and signed up for the beauty bar website hoping they'll email me a SS code too =)

for those ladies who have been subbed for a while - how do you like it compared to ipsy and BB?

Quote: Originally Posted by kira685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm thinking about joining SS now that one of my other subs has gone kaboom.. but I'm trying to hold out for a free code or until my money is refunded from the other sub (since I spent it before my no buy, it doesn't count!! haha!) I tried the one posted by @rachelshine unfortunately it didn't seem to work =( so I went ahead and signed up for the beauty bar website hoping they'll email me a SS code too =)

for those ladies who have been subbed for a while - how do you like it compared to ipsy and BB?

I like it. It does send more skincare, etc than makeup. The brands are good, and there's usually a variety. It isn't the most exciting/fun box but it's always good quality products, the shipping is fast, and they are consistent. 

I don't have BB but I do have ipsy. These are more high end products then you will get with ipsy and I think it's a good variety of what you get. I should also mention I've only been a subscriber for two months.  That being said, with the products usually being more high end I am less likely to buy the actual product even with the $15 off you get with your subscription.  Of course I rarely take advantage of the ipsy deals either. 

Comparison between Sample Society and Ipsy/BirchBox:

-Ipsy: painfully slow, inconsistent shipping, heavy on lower quality makeup, makeup bags each month, constantly repeated brands, promo codes each month, consistently sends 5 products per bag.

-BirchBox: somewhat slow shipping, mix of products month to month (makeup/perfume/skin/hair care etc,), varying degree of product price points (some cheaper stuff, some higher end), lots of box variations so your happiness with your box varies widely (as do the number of products in your box), points!

-Sample Society: Consistent shipping via UPS, more skin care, less makeup, repeated brands/items, high-er end products, $15 off $50 coupon each month, usually small variations between boxes (one or two different products or shades), they usually send 5 or 6 box variations, where Birch has 50-60, Ipsy has oh I don't know around 6-8 variations?  

Thanks ladies! The consistent higher end products is what is really appealing to me right now, though I wish they had some kind of point system instead of the discount (that's why I initially went with BB). I have a feeling I'll be signed up by the end of the week lol

I just rejoined Sample Society after taking a hiatus to try some other subs. I can't wait for my November box!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kristen121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just rejoined Sample Society after taking a hiatus to try some other subs. I can't wait for my November box!
I rejoined as well! I liked the service but I cut back on subscriptions for a while and decided to join again. 

Latest posts

Back