Sign in to follow this  
evildrporkchop

Sample Society November 2013 (Spoilers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumplant View Post

I responded and basically said "birchbox would send me a replacement if the same thing happened with their service"

And I got a response from a supervisor who is sending me a whole new box AND a FULL SIZE lip drink

Win!

Total win because that lip drink is basically my favorite thing ever.  :)

Someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that the value of the Illume candles we received in our Nov. boxes is $9...just for clarification-this is incorrect. After falling in love with the Balsam & Cedar scent, I ordered another one from Birchbox in a different scent, (at the $9 price point), and I was pleasantly surprised today when I opened the box and saw that the size of this candle more than doubles the one we received...400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post

Someone had mentioned earlier in the thread that the value of the Illume candles we received in our Nov. boxes is $9...just for clarification-this is incorrect. After falling in love with the Balsam & Cedar scent, I ordered another one from Birchbox in a different scent, (at the $9 price point), and I was pleasantly surprised today when I opened the box and saw that the size of this candle more than doubles the one we received...400

Woah, that's a huge difference.  i still haven't used the candle that came with the box since I'm a Scentsy kinda girl and just haven't even tried any regular pants  Now I'm slightly tempted.

Woah, that's a huge difference.  i still haven't used the candle that came with the box since I'm a Scentsy kinda girl and just haven't even tried any regular pants  Now I'm slightly tempted.
It really is! I was shocked, in a good way lol The mulled wine scent from Illume is to die for. Seriously don't think I've ever smelled anything so heavenly...It's just...wow.

Quote:

It really is! I was shocked, in a good way lol
The mulled wine scent from Illume is to die for. Seriously don't think I've ever smelled anything so heavenly...It's just...wow.

I think i'm going to snag a few for Christmas gifts.  Also, sorry about saying I've never tried regular pants...  I've been home from the hospital for a little while, but still on some potent pain killers and apparently I think I don't wear pants.

For the record, I totally wear pants.

I think i'm going to snag a few for Christmas gifts.  Also, sorry about saying I've never tried regular pants...  I've been home from the hospital for a little while, but still on some potent pain killers and apparently I think I don't wear pants. For the record, I totally wear pants.
You know what's crazy??? I didn't even catch that until just now, and I know I re-read your post several times this morning before I replied LOL It's definitely a relief to hear your wear pants :)
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by biskies View Post

Quote:

It really is! I was shocked, in a good way lol
The mulled wine scent from Illume is to die for. Seriously don't think I've ever smelled anything so heavenly...It's just...wow.

I think i'm going to snag a few for Christmas gifts.  Also, sorry about saying I've never tried regular pants...  I've been home from the hospital for a little while, but still on some potent pain killers and apparently I think I don't wear pants.

For the record, I totally wear pants.

No judgement here, pants are for suckers!! :)

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

And this is why I love these forums.  :)

I skipped my Sample Society box this month and am thinking of just canceling for at least the next few months.  I have been a subscriber since almost the beginning and have really enjoyed my boxes, but I am little tired of the same brands month after month.  I like Ouidad and Murad, but I don't want to sample them every month.  I used to use the 15.00 code every month too, but haven't in about 5 or 6 months.  I just signed on to Beauty Bar and looked at all my past boxes.  Nothing really thrills me.  I think if the 2 Butter London's were in shades that I would use, I might have stayed with it.  That is not Sample Society's fault, but I think I need a break.

Instead of Sample Society this month, I got the HSN Total Beauty sold on the HSN website.  It is 19.95, but I went through MyPoints, and got the points plus a 5.00 off code so it was the same price as Sample Society.  I really like most of the products in the box, and just used the 10.00 off code (and went through MyPoints again) to put towards a set of body care products.

I just posted on the HSN Total Beauty thread, but if anyone is interested in MyPoints, DM me and I will send you a link.  We would both get 750 points.  I sometimes use Ebates too and compare who has the better deal.  This time is was MyPoints with the 5.00 off code plus the points.  I now have enough points for a gift certificate to Old Navy - I love their yoga pants!

I have been a little less than enchanted with Birchbox lately too.  I had 2 accounts, but am now down to one.  I sometimes get the Beauty Sage sample boxes too, so I have a ton of samples to get through.

Quote:

Agreed. This may be TMI but it's No Pants time when I get to my room after work. Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

Quote:

Agreed. This may be TMI but it's No Pants time when I get to my room after work. Yup.

haha, same. Shoot, unless it's really cold, I live in long shirts/nightshirts in my free time, anyway. And when I am wearing real person clothes (because I spend most of my life in scrubs), I totally tend to live in dresses. Because pants are the worst!!

Quote:

haha, same. Shoot, unless it's really cold, I live in long shirts/nightshirts in my free time, anyway. And when I am wearing real person clothes (because I spend most of my life in scrubs), I totally tend to live in dresses. Because pants are the worst!!

when it's cold... like now... i wear blankets lol

Quote:

Ohhhh!  I never thought I would own a heating blanket because I'm not 85, but when the heat in my apartment went out I impulse bought a Sunbeam Velvet Plush Heated Throw at Walgreen's and I :heart: it to pieces. It's one of those truly visceral joys that can turn around the worst day...being snuggled up in a heated, super-soft blanket. If you see one, you must buy!

HA. My bedroom is upstairs so it stays super warm up here! So I can hang out pantsless even in the winter. Before I moved into this apartment, I lived for my heated blanket. :)

I had one when I was in college and couldn't afford heating! It saved my life. Then it died the last semester I was in college... I cried. 

Funny. I've had joint problems since my early 20s and heated blankets were awesome for that. It's like wrapping yourself up in a big heating pad!

Quote:

I had one when I was in college and couldn't afford heating! It saved my life. Then it died the last semester I was in college... I cried. 

I would totally cry if mine died...and turn on the seat warmers in the Jeep and cry all the way back to Walgreen's and beg for another. I'm sure they've seen stranger things in Walgreen's at 3AM.

• Like 1

Quote:

Wow! I was just looking through your profile photos and you can totally rock a R.E.D. lip. I'm jelly!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicked View Post

Wow! I was just looking through your profile photos and you can totally rock a R.E.D. lip. I'm jelly!

Thanks! I was always kind of scared of red or bold lips but I've been slowly trying them out!