Sign in to follow this  
pianowoman

Goodies.co: shutting down subscription service

I read online today that Walmart is shutting down the Goodies boxes both adult and kids.  They apparently are sending an e-mail out to subscribers in the coming weeks.  No reason was given for stopping the service.  They did indicate that they would use the market research information from Goodies for other purposes.

Awww that sucks. Well now I know why everything's been on sale with no new items and free shipping! Dangit, I really like goodies!!

Another subscription service thats gotten crappy that should go away is Conscious box ! Stay away from them, horrible 20 dollar service, Its supposed to be a eco box that misleads people with their old photos

It used to be great heavy boxes with full sized items, Now they sent me a bag of chips, one single plastic bag  for picking up dog shit and foil samples of pills. Stay away from this company !

The best boxes that I have ever gotten come from ecocentric mom.  I love almost everything in their boxes every month.  And, that is saying a lot because I also get: birchbox, ipsy, glossybox, sample society, popsugar, little black bag, storck stack, citus lane, julep, bondi, goodies for kids and adults, and love with food.

• Like 1

Here's the official email:

Quote:

We’re writing to let you know that we're discontinuing the Goodies subscription box service; the October box will be your last.  Your credit card will not be billed for any future months.

We thank you for being an engaged member of the Goodies community. We’ve had such fun sharing tasty food discoveries with you, and hope you found some new favorite snacks along the way.

When we launched Goodies Co. as a test from WalmartLabs, our goal was to build a completely new, affordable way to discover and buy new products. Your input has been invaluable and we’re eager to bring a bit of that Goodies magic to the world of Walmart shopping. We can’t tell you much more about what we’re working on just yet, except that we’re excited. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, we’d like to offer you a chance to continue receiving a monthly subscription box with our friends at Love With Food. For a limited time, you will have the opportunity to receive your first box with Love With Food for just $5.      

Again, we thank you for your support as one of our loyal customers.

Warm regards,
The Goodies Co. Team

I kept meaning to cancel my subscription but I would always forget.  Oh well. :icon_neut 

I'm not surprised. I really enjoyed the first box, but after that it slowly got worse for me. September was my last month...I hope October is great for everyone!

Just got the email.  I too am not really surprised as the selections seemed to be getting worse and worse. I had enough points for a long time in my account and am very thankful I decided to use them for the October box...to be honest I was going to cancel after receiving this month's box.

Wow, how long have we been subbing? Has it already been a year? I haven't gotten the email yet. They were OK and I discovered a lot of products I liked. Wasn't expecting that.

I looked on the Goodies site to see what the offerings for this month were. It is disappointing. They are going out with a whimper and not a bang. Too bad. RIP Goodies!

Wow, they really went all out for their last kid's box!  I received:

Happy Squeeze fruit and veggie twist - Apple, Mango, Pear, & Kale (3.5 oz) GudFud fruit jelly stuffed marshmallows (3 marshmallows) Rockin' Ola chocoberry (1.1 oz) Pretzel Crisps (.5 oz) Fig Bar - apple cinnamon (2 oz) War Heads sour twists (2 oz) Orbit for kids - strawberry banana (10 six piece packages) War Heads sour chewy cubes (2.5 oz) Lunchables Jr. teddy bear picnic (1.9 oz) Sneaky Pete's oat beverage - mango (12 fl oz)

Wow... another one bites the dust.  So sad, I really loved this box when I first started getting it (last Dec), but it just got so awful, not even worth the $7. 

I'm really wondering how they're going to "bring the magic" to Walmart.  I would totally buy a Goodies box if they had them on the shelves!  At least one, for old time's sake :smilehappyyes:

I hate that Goodies is ending there subscription boxes. I really enjoyed this one and never had any complaints. This sucks. :icon_frow

My son was really liking his kid's box and I was still getting the regular box .. it was hit or miss.  Wish I would have cashed in my points for a free box but I was holding out to see if they offered any different options for the points. Oh, well.  :/

Kiddo will be bummed though.  And this month's kid box was great!!

Dang I just logged in and I had 477 points!   Goodies was around longer than it feels like, because I didn't even do the reviews for the last three boxes (4 if you count this October box).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach212 View Post

My son was really liking his kid's box and I was still getting the regular box .. it was hit or miss.  Wish I would have cashed in my points for a free box but I was holding out to see if they offered any different options for the points. Oh, well.  :/

Kiddo will be bummed though.  And this month's kid box was great!!

Dang I just logged in and I had 477 points!   Goodies was around longer than it feels like, because I didn't even do the reviews for the last three boxes (4 if you count this October box).

I would email them about your points.  I had 245 and they're giving me a $5 gift card to Walmart.  I heard that you get a $10 gift card if you had enough for a free box, not positive though.

Can't find out who, but a tip of the hat to whomever suggested an email to goodies about unused points: they acted honorably and sent me a gift card for ten bucks to Walmart. Better than nothing. Oh, from what someone said the amount they send may depend on your amount of points.

Also, anyone have an idea how long Love with food offer is around. I;m finishing up a sub with them and might take a box for five bucks no shipping but I don't want the same box for this month or next so I wonder if I can ask them to just extend for december box?  Thanks all Alley