Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yousoldtheworld

Glossybox November 2013 (spoilers!)

Recommended Posts

I guess with those news I won't sign up with the gold code to get the LE box free with a 12month subscription. I'd hate to see the $200 gone if they end up closing the US branch within that year. Hmm ...

 

I am intrigued by them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No cream for me either.

 

Got the Jelly Pong Pong liner/shadow pencil in Steel/gray color.  Meh.

 

I'm trading the shadow, pencil and hair oil.  I'm still happy with the brush and cleanser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received mine today and what a mess! That black eyeshadow is everywhere and it appears to be closed! I just finished washing everything off. I've contacted them in the past about a missing lip gloss and a box I won on Twitter and never received and never heard back from them. I just gave up on their shitty CS. I'm usually happy with the contents every month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I got my box today....and there were actual finger print swipes on my shadow. seriously, Glossybox? Eeew. I can't even be bothered with emailing/calling CS..whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Welp, I got my box today....and there were actual finger print swipes on my shadow. seriously, Glossybox? Eeew. I can't even be bothered with emailing/calling CS..whatever.
That's terrible! Do you really want the eyeshadow because I'd be more than happy to mail mine to you. I already have plenty of black eyeshadow.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post

Welp, I got my box today....and there were actual finger print swipes on my shadow. seriously, Glossybox? Eeew. I can't even be bothered with emailing/calling CS..whatever.

I would email them. I've never had issues getting replacement items. I've gotten 3 replacement items so far with no issues or extra questions asked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKaye View Post


That's terrible! Do you really want the eyeshadow because I'd be more than happy to mail mine to you. I already have plenty of black eyeshadow.

You are an absolute doll for offering, but seeing as I have about 10 others in various shades of black,  I'm good! 1f.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk View Post
 

I would email them. I've never had issues getting replacement items. I've gotten 3 replacement items so far with no issues or extra questions asked.

I probably will email them just so they can be aware, but I really don't even care about having it replaced. I think it's definitely time to cut back on subs....I have WAY too much stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post
 

You are an absolute doll for offering, but seeing as I have about 10 others in various shades of black,  I'm good! 1f.gif


No problem, I just thought I would throw it out there. I have so many black eyeshadows! But I can use them all for setting my eyeliner so no big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hair oil was a bust for me. I don't really use a lot of styling products or heat on my hair, so I tried using it as a hair mask and rinsing it out...but it took 3 shampoos to feel like I had it out of my hair. So, I tried it tonight to shave my legs...and...not bad! Not that I'll be repurchasing it as a shaving oil, but it left my legs moisturized enough that I didn't feel the need to slather on lotion within seconds of exiting the shower, unlike most shaving cream. It does gunk up your razor more than standard shaving cream, though. If you're going to toss it otherwise, try it for shaving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicked View Post
 

The hair oil was a bust for me. I don't really use a lot of styling products or heat on my hair, so I tried using it as a hair mask and rinsing it out...but it took 3 shampoos to feel like I had it out of my hair. So, I tried it tonight to shave my legs...and...not bad! Not that I'll be repurchasing it as a shaving oil, but it left my legs moisturized enough that I didn't feel the need to slather on lotion within seconds of exiting the shower, unlike most shaving cream. It does gunk up your razor more than standard shaving cream, though. If you're going to toss it otherwise, try it for shaving?

Good idea.  I think a lot of hair oil type products can also be used as moisturizers and work pretty well.  Also if it doesn't irritate your skin you could also maybe use it to remove eye makeup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, this is a little ridiculous, but I can't tell if I got the JPP liner in Steel or Black. The color ring at the base of the pencil/pencil cap don't exactly match the glossy black color of the pencil exterior itself. If I hold it in the light, it's a really dark gray/navy/almost olive(?) color. The pencil color itself could also be black or gray. It's not super black, but it was black enough to fool me into thinking it was black until I looked at it under a light. No shade listed, so I'm confused, and the website isn't a ton of help. Is the Steel pencil cap/bottom light enough that I would know if I had Steel, or is the Black black enough that I wouldn't be questioning it?

 

400

 

ETA: it looks bluer in the pic and blacker IRL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the JPP liner too and to me it looks like a dark grey.

 

I've tried the Emite shadow and it is extremely pigmented. So much so that it actually stained my hand where I had swatched it and attemted to remove it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deareux View Post
 

I got the JPP liner too and to me it looks like a dark grey.

 

I've tried the Emite shadow and it is extremely pigmented. So much so that it actually stained my hand where I had swatched it and attemted to remove it.

Agreed about the shadow. And I really like the texture of it, so super fine and smooth. I think, if it were in a more exciting color, I'd really love it. As it is, I'll use it from time to time but probably mostly as liner! I just wear a lot of brights and rarely have a social life anymore, so I don't need a sultry smokey eye as often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of this particular shadow, but I think Emite can chalk it up as a PR win. I wasn't too jazzed about getting an eyelash curler from Emite the other month, either...because I thought mine was fine. But I've actually been curling my eyelashes more, and specifically, with their curler. With the eyeshadow, it's not a color that I would have picked on my own, but I totally agree with Dearaux and their website, their eyeshadows are WAY högpigmenterad. So, it's left me with good brand vibes. Even if the Emite stuff I've sampled hasn't been HG-worthy for me, it's a brand I had no idea about previously and would now (possibly) consider purchasing if I could find out what the skimmereffekt I have to förhöjer to buy some Ã¶gonmakeup around here...

 

ETA: it cracks me up st the bottom of their site where you navigate between pages, it says:

 

700

 

And I'm all like "GET DOWN WITH YOUR BAD SELF MY NÄSTY SWEDISH SISTA"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deareux View Post
 

I got the JPP liner too and to me it looks like a dark grey.

 

I've tried the Emite shadow and it is extremely pigmented. So much so that it actually stained my hand where I had swatched it and attemted to remove it.

 

Ha, I'm weirdly relieved I got the Steel one then, because I didn't need another black liner, especially one that's not very black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicked View Post
 

I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of this particular shadow, but I think Emite can chalk it up as a PR win. I wasn't too jazzed about getting an eyelash curler from Emite the other month, either...because I thought mine was fine. But I've actually been curling my eyelashes more, and specifically, with their curler. With the eyeshadow, it's not a color that I would have picked on my own, but I totally agree with Dearaux and their website, their eyeshadows are WAY högpigmenterad. So, it's left me with good brand vibes. Even if the Emite stuff I've sampled hasn't been HG-worthy for me, it's a brand I had no idea about previously and would now (possibly) consider purchasing if I could find out what the skimmereffekt I have to förhöjer to buy some Ã¶gonmakeup around here...

 

ETA: it cracks me up st the bottom of their site where you navigate between pages, it says:

 

700

 

And I'm all like "GET DOWN WITH YOUR BAD SELF MY NÄSTY SWEDISH SISTA"

 

RIGHT, I love the eyelash curler and I was impressed by the shadow formula, but I was like....um, I would love to buy a pretty shadow or two but HOW THE HELL DO I DO SO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by biancardi View Post
 

glad I skipped this month.

Me too but I did not escape the black eye shadow it was sent in my German GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbetstyle View Post
 

Yay!!!! I received my Glossybox in the mail today AND received an email that I won one of the Vincent Longo sets in the Fan giveaway on Facebook.

 

I like this month's Glossybox. I would have never tried black eyeshadow on my own, so receiving one will let me experiment. I've been out of face wash for two weeks so I'm happy about the Aloe source. I used to not wear makeup so I got rid of all my brushes except a small travel pack of brushes, now I need brushes and so happy to receive the eyeshadow brush. Always like skin treatments. Only iffy is the oil treatment because I have thin, fine, oily hair, but I'm going to try it since I color treat my hair. The last oil I received I only used once or twice so I'll see what this one does.

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk View Post

I haven't seen anyone else get the jelly pong pong color I got. I got a sparkly cranberry color.

 

That sounds super pretty.  Do you have pictures of it?  I'd love to take a look :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That sounds super pretty.  Do you have pictures of it?  I'd love to take a look :)
400 Tried to do a swatch but it kept looking brown in the picture and it's not in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk View Post


400

Tried to do a swatch but it kept looking brown in the picture and it's not in real life.

 

That is GORGEOUS!  Totally jealous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I browsed through everyone's earlier comments and I didn't see anything discussing it, so forgive me if this has been brought up already….

 

I only received 3 items in my box (the emit eye shadow, mastey oil treatment, & the aloe source cleansing polish). Am I missing items or did was I really only supposed to get THREE things?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I browsed through everyone's earlier comments and I didn't see anything discussing it, so forgive me if this has been brought up already…. I only received 3 items in my box (the emit eye shadow, mastey oil treatment, & the aloe source cleansing polish). Am I missing items or did was I really only supposed to get THREE things?? 
You're missing the Nicka K brush and the VL eyeliner / Jelly Pong Pong pencil / Sulwhasoo. Definitely reach out to CS to get them replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • Love the placement and subtlety of the cat eye and subtle cut crease.  It looks gorgeous. I'm trying to perfect the cut crease with white eyeliner lately.  I've only practiced it twice so I have a long way to go.
    • Essential hydration The dermis is made up of 70% water and the epidermis 15%. To maintain a good level of hydration, it is therefore important to opt for daily moisturizers that balance the water level at the heart of the skin. You can also regularly use a moisturizing mask, it ensure both your face health and beauty by removing the excess using a mist of thermal water.
    • deppatch offers different colours of wigs in different lenght and styles you can choose your favourite one and change you look in few minutesif you want to be glamourous and beautifull you should visit our website for different makeup products and dresses of your choice. we are inviting you on our store to get affordable things with best results .
    • Banish hyperpigmentation and melasma with this powerful microcurrent Reusable Face Mask. Enhance your skin while lightening, tightening and brightening. Reduce wrinkles brighten the skin tone, Shop Now!
    • The fashion is the most inspiring on going trends changing always due the climate season and time, there are many people who are looking to get an modeling work...

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...