Sign in to follow this  
yousoldtheworld

Glossybox November 2013 (spoilers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmish View Post

Sorry - you were talking about GILT.  My fault!  I saw problems with the New-a-Porter special box earlier as well.  Disregard my post.

I still kind of love you right now, since I thought these had sold out!  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanleia View Post

Sorry ladies I used the link I'd saved and apparently the event is over. I'm so disappointed, the only reason I didn't order yesterday was because I thought $8 for shipping was a bit much. I'll edit my post.

I almost ordered one too but the shipping was ridiculous. I noticed some of the boxes listed everything everyone could have gotten in that month, not just the 5-6 items but 8-9 items which included the alternate products. The alternates weren't pictured in the product image but they were listed as included in the order. I wonder if they're really shipping everything sent out that month or if it was a mistake. Hope that made sense lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Loves View Post

I almost ordered one too but the shipping was ridiculous. I noticed some of the boxes listed everything everyone could have gotten in that month, not just the 5-6 items but 8-9 items which included the alternate products. The alternates weren't pictured in the product image but they were listed as included in the order. I wonder if they're really shipping everything sent out that month or if it was a mistake. Hope that made sense lol

That would be pretty amazing, but alas, I missed the Gilt sale.  :(  Oh well, I snagged a NAP box, so I have that to look forward to at least!!  I am super excited about that.

So it said my Glossybox shipped and I got excited that it was for November then I realized I'd accidentally subscribed twice and didn't realize it so it's just an October box again. Not upset about it though I actually had wanted another October box.

• Like 1

I got charged! So weird cuz the have an expired CC on file and I got a new expiration on my new card and never updated but somehow GB still managed to charge me....mmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

I got charged! So weird cuz the have an expired CC on file and I got a new expiration on my new card and never updated but somehow GB still managed to charge me....mmmm.

I've had that happen before, if the only thing that changes is the expiration date.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme502 View Post

I've had that happen before, if the only thing that changes is the expiration date.  

Expiration and security code is different. So weird tho! lol Since those are things they ask for when paying with CC.

Expiration and security code is different. So weird tho! lol Since those are things they ask for when paying with CC.
That is weird

Subbing for updates. I canceled this sub after October and seeing the November spoiler... I have plenty of black/near black eyeshadow. If the rest of the box is somehow AMAZING then I will order again, because this is really one of my favorite subs. The packaging they use is so much like opening a special gift, I love it!

I went ahead and resubbed for November.  This makes my second month.  I may go ahead and do a multi-month sub in January if I like this one and December.  I don't mind a black eyeshadow, I know someone in my family who will love it.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme502 View Post

I went ahead and resubbed for November.  This makes my second month.  I may go ahead and do a multi-month sub in January if I like this one and December.  I don't mind a black eyeshadow, I know someone in my family who will love it.  

I keep hearing blackfriday sub box deals are good.... so I am hoping there are some good deals to take advantage of... I really should save some of my funds this check to see! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

I keep hearing blackfriday sub box deals are good.... so I am hoping there are some good deals to take advantage of... I really should save some of my funds this check to see! Lol

I had no idea that there were Black Friday sub deals.  Kinda glad I canceled my November subscription to Glossy (I googled ginger smokey eye and still don't know how my deathly pale face could pull off a black shadow).  That said, if somehow some amazing new spoilers are released, I'll resub and, if there's a really good Black Friday deal, I'd definitely be down for a multi-month subscription, black eyeshadows and all.

This glossybox board is only at 4 pages =( my other subs have tons of posts. They need to give us some spoilers and get people excited!!!! Waiting Impatiently

bringiton.gif

This glossybox board is only at 4 pages =( my other subs have tons of posts. They need to give us some spoilers and get people excited!!!! Waiting Impatiently :bringiton:
I agree completely!!! It has been far too long and the first spoiler was not exciting enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post

This glossybox board is only at 4 pages =( my other subs have tons of posts. They need to give us some spoilers and get people excited!!!! Waiting Impatiently

bringiton.gif

Haha! @SaraP! I agree wholeheartedly!

:beer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post

bringiton.gif

Agreed!  I look every month to see if the box is worth resubscribing  (no luck since Feb, but I always hope!).  The matte skin and "bedroom hair" product have me interested, but til I see more, You don't get my money, Glossybox!!  :eusa_naughty:

I have a question for people who unsubscribe and resubscribe repeatedly (well, 2 actually):

1) Do you lose your dots when you unsub or do they sit there waiting for you?

2) At what point in the month do you unsub? After the surveys are done or...?

Thanks!

You do NOT lose your points when you unsub. I was subbed for a full year, and now I"m cutting back so I'm only subbing when something in the box intrigues me. My dots are always there when I come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

You do NOT lose your points when you unsub. I was subbed for a full year, and now I"m cutting back so I'm only subbing when something in the box intrigues me. My dots are always there when I come back.

I can go a little further on this and say that I actually took my October survey after I unsubscribed and still earned my dots and, even further, someone I know was actually in love with my October box and intrigued by the black shadow in a way I was not and I even earned the dots for referring her to Glossybox despite the fact that I was unsubscribed when I did so.  I think the difference is that, even though your subscription has been canceled, your account is still active.  If you were to call Glossybox and ask that your account be canceled, that might change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biskies View Post

I can go a little further on this and say that I actually took my October survey after I unsubscribed and still earned my dots and, even further, someone I know was actually in love with my October box and intrigued by the black shadow in a way I was not and I even earned the dots for referring her to Glossybox despite the fact that I was unsubscribed when I did so.  I think the difference is that, even though your subscription has been canceled, your account is still active.  If you were to call Glossybox and ask that your account be canceled, that might change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

Thanks for the info! I need to start doing this because I'll have 2 boxes I pretty much don't use anything from and then 1 that I really like that makes me rethink quitting.