Ever been on T.V.?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slinka

The Supreme
Reaction score
Haha, so since the Tx renaissance is happening now, I'm starting to get texts again about how they saw me on T.V., in commercials. =p

Any of you guys have some airtime under your belt? I'd love to see. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

See if you can spot the Slinka...This is one of the various ads out there for a different gig- hey, maybe you've seen it in your area =p

0.jpg

Yup, years and years ago I was in a commercial. I've been on the local news a few times, interviewed for various things they ask "about town". Most recently you can find me in the background of various E3 segments and on IGN's website in the background. LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yup, years and years ago I was in a commercial. I've been on the local news a few times, interviewed for various things they ask "about town". Most recently you can find me in the background of various E3 segments and on IGN's website in the background. LOL
You should've taken full advantage of the local news- You could've gone viral with some real simple-like talk, a rainbow-puke face, had a skull-painted face...Oh the possibilities. So many possibilities.
lol.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dbFWg54ezko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very cool; looks the corsets!  I've mostly just been on regional talk show segments and such.  I end up on tv/radio shows every now and then to discuss the various community events/projects I'm involved in, but it's mostly just local stuff.  Recently, someone has been filming me on various occasions for an upcoming documentary she's producing which has been interesting; it's also fun to see how awkward I look after taping :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's about it for TV.  Although, it's kind of funny with radio.  Back in 2012, I was a featured artist on a Toronto radio station with further reach (the one time), and I missed the broadcast of my own song; mistakenly tuning in later to a book review of 50 Shades of Grey instead... Ouch!  lol

Bahahaha damnit, I would've been so stoked if you had really been on cops. I love that show. Something about sicking dogs and tazors on idiots makes for good entertainment.

Quote: Originally Posted by CaseyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Very cool; looks the corsets!  I've mostly just been on regional talk show segments and such.  I end up on tv/radio shows every now and then to discuss the various community events/projects I'm involved in, but it's mostly just local stuff.  Recently, someone has been filming me on various occasions for an upcoming documentary she's producing which has been interesting; it's also fun to see how awkward I look after taping :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's about it for TV.  Although, it's kind of funny with radio.  Back in 2012, I was a featured artist on a Toronto radio station with further reach (the one time), and I missed the broadcast of my own song; mistakenly tuning in later to a book review of 50 Shades of Grey instead... Ouch!  lol
ooh, documentary- that's neat!

And lol at the song- You write music? I got my first bachelor's in Music theory and composition =p

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ooh, documentary- that's neat!

And lol at the song- You write music? I got my first bachelor's in Music theory and composition =p
Yep!  It's a documentary on the whole concept of gender expression/fluidity, and such.  Should be interesting when it's done!

And That's super cool!  I also did my bachelor's in music (history/computer music/new media).  It's funny, I do the band thing and write pop rock sort of songs, and some soundtrack-type work, but I'm not very skilled in composition or trained very well like some of my classmates were.  I'm working on my master's thesis in music now,, and I find it confuses a lot of people since they're a bit puzzled that I don't "study" an instrument.  Although, my favorite confusing question was the guy that asked "So what do you music people do anyway?  Learn new notes?... lol

Yup. Years ago I did some BG work on a tv series called Caitlin's Way. A couple of years ago I was on SliceTV being interviewed on a program called "loving plastic"... Ok. I admit it... I have a shoe and foot fetish... Well, more foot than shoe, but this program was more about plastic shoes. I still haven't seen it yet, but a few of my colleagues have and they chide me about it. And more recently I did some bg work for the History Channel on a program about the birth of the CIA. That program will air in the spring. I was also the Key MUA on it.

Yup. Years ago I did some BG work on a tv series called Caitlin's Way. A couple of years ago I was on SliceTV being interviewed on a program called "loving plastic"... Ok. I admit it... I have a shoe and foot fetish... Well, more foot than shoe, but this program was more about plastic shoes. I still haven't seen it yet, but a few of my colleagues have and they chide me about it. And more recently I did some bg work for the History Channel on a program about the birth of the CIA. That program will air in the spring. I was also the Key MUA on it.
Are you one of those foot-instagrammers? Lol. But that's pretty cool! I figured you had been in something. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's such a thing??? Well, being the Internet, I am not surprised... Lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes! Lol. Everytime I post a picture of a pedicure or my wedding shoes/feet, I had a swarm of "I can repost?!?" And their whole Instagram is dedicated to feet =p I take it as a compliment lol...especially since I always thought I had long toes haha. ...it's one of the more innocent things on this here Internet machine =p

Ha! I hear ya. But now you've piqued my curiosity... >sigh< damn my weakness... Lol

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@CaseyR - what production company was it and what network will it air on?
That's a good question actually.  The lady that has been filming me has produced a number of programs for TVO in the past, I believe.  I think this particular one may be geared more towards the educational sector, but she's attempting to get funding and such at the moment, so I'm not quite sure where it will end up.  I'll be sure to update everyone once I have some more information on the project.

I've never been on TV... or the radio. My hubby has done live concerts on our classical music station in Chicago though..

Nice work, I work on aussie tv shows :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> there aew way to many vids to upload though, its very interesting ill tell you that:)

I have been on a couple of shows with my husband - there is a show called "My First Place" which comes on HGTV (Home & Garden TV) where they documented the steps of buying our first home. I must say reality TV can be an adventure, as a lot of it was staged. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just last weekend we were casted to be on another show called "I Want That" on the DIY Network (Do It Yourself), where we demonstrate projects for home improvement. In fact we did so well, they will be coming again to film at our house next week, so wish me luck!

All the best. xoxo

Latest posts

Back