Thierry Mugler Subscription

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. Thierry Mugler has a one year sub which costs 50 dollars and you get a box quarterly. I got my first box in august and should be getting my second box next month.

http://www.muglerstoreusa.com/Mugler-Addict/MuglerAddict,en_US,sc.html

My first box included: 

Alien Aqua Chic sample

Angel Aqua Chic sample

Angel Shooting Star parfum deluxe

Mugler Cologne edt deluxe

Angel body lotion

and a full sized Magma Lip Lacquer

(don't mind the date I put new batteries in my camera and didn't set the date)

Just wanted to share with any other Mugler fans. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love TM! And it's only $50 for the year? Count me in! No-buy, what's that?
Yep 50 for the year. For $12.50 per box it's definitely worth it. The lip lacquer alone in the first box retails for $35. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How long after you joined did you get your first box? I signed up just now.
about 10 days give or take it's been awhile so I can't remember exactly. You'll get an email and they'll tell you the date your box will be sent out. I got that email the day after ordering.

You'll also get your own concierge who will send you a hand written letter and will keep in contact with you. It's pretty awesome!

That's not bad! I hope I'll get mine soon.

It'd be amazing if other brands made their own sub box. There goes all of my money.

I keep going back and forth on whether I want to get this.  On one hand, subscription box!  I love those!  And patchouli!  It is my birthright as a native Portlander to wear it!  And it looks like this is just a one-time charge, so I wouldn't have to deal with recurring charges!  On the other hand, most fragrances sold in Sephora tend to go in one standard smells-like-generic-department-store-fragrance direction on me.  Does anyone happen to know how heavily this line relies on natural components?  

Funny thing is, I've had a client ask me to recreate Alien using natural aromatics. She loves the fragrance, but her skin does not. I don't know the exact ratio, but generally speaking, designer fragrances won't be mostly natural. It'd would simply be too expensive to do so. But regarding this sub, you also get a personal concierge to help you with all your TM needs. Mine actually sent me a handwritten card welcoming me to the service. I've never had a subscription that took the time to do that. I've smelled tons of fragrances and it really is easy to pick out the generic department store type of scent. But I think TM is more unique, alien and angel are their best sellers, and I find them both to be a good change from the ordinary.

I tried the link in the first post & the link is unavailable. Is this sub sold out?

I tried the link in the first post & the link is unavailable. Is this sub sold out?
I just tried it and it worked for me. Looks really good. Trying to resist 😞

Okay, universe, I'll sign up as soon as I have another $100 in my PayPal account ($50 for this sub, $25 for more money on the Starbucks card, and $25 for another Sephora order).  I just put some of my more-sought-after BPAL oils up for sale.  Your move.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I keep going back and forth on whether I want to get this.  On one hand, subscription box!  I love those!  And patchouli!  It is my birthright as a native Portlander to wear it!  And it looks like this is just a one-time charge, so I wouldn't have to deal with recurring charges!  On the other hand, most fragrances sold in Sephora tend to go in one standard smells-like-generic-department-store-fragrance direction on me.  Does anyone happen to know how heavily this line relies on natural components?  
I think TM perfumes are very unique.  I love all 3 of his women's fragrances, I have a pretty big collection of perfume from niche to designer but I wear TM the most out of them all . What I like also is every spring and fall he puts out new flankers which are usually very interesting.

My second box arrived today. Since I don't know how to post a picture as a spoiler I'll just post the pic 
smile.gif

Box included:

Angel Liqueur de Parfum 2013 (tester vial)

Alien Liqueur de Parfum 2013 (tester vial)- I'm happy to get these so I can compare these to the 2009 Liqueur de Parfum collection

Alien- deluxe eau de parfum  (0.2oz)

Angel- Hand Cream (1oz)

Womanity- Body Cream (1oz)

Angel nail polish (0.3oz)

I just went for it and signed up!  I figure that even if I can't wear the perfumes, there are enough other things in there that the boxes should be worth $12.50 for me, and it seems like the mini bottles should be fairly tradable if they end up being unwearable.  My confirmation email says that my first box will ship on December 6th.  That feels like *forever* now that I've decided to go ahead and sign up!  But I have a huge perfume oil collection (in fact, one of the things that made me decide to sign up is the fact that these fragrances seem to layer nicely with some of my favorite perfume oil, so it will be interesting to experiment with those), so it's not like I'm scentless.  Senseless, maybe, but not scentless.

I got my first box today! It's on my blog if you want to look. But it is the same as Jayne's second box. I love the miniature! I've been looking for a mini in Alien!

Quote: Originally Posted by JayneDoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think TM perfumes are very unique.  I love all 3 of his women's fragrances, I have a pretty big collection of perfume from niche to designer but I wear TM the most out of them all . What I like also is every spring and fall he puts out new flankers which are usually very interesting.
I am not a huge TM perfume fan.

Angel is alright and if I get a sample or mini I'll use it- but really do not care to buy them.

One of my favorite perfumes is BVlgari green tea, then Bvlgari black, then a cucumber perfume oil- not a mix but just cucumber or cucumber leaves I guess?, then Verbena like from Occitane.

For sweet perfumes I like Dior Sweet Sun- but have not seen any sold this year (was limited), I do like Pink Sugar too- but never wear it lately.

I guess it is good there is thousands of perfumes out there as not everyone likes the same.

I also hate anything lavender and rose.

Latest posts

Back