November 2013 Square Hue -- SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
Oh, look, here's my happy place!  Since these will be shipping this week and since there are new subscribers jumping on board this weekend (hi, former Bondi subscribers!), I thought it was time to start this thread.  Let's see if I can get one of the preview photos in here:

I'm thinking a nice stormy gray-blue, a sandy gray, and a sage green.  Since we now know they do textured polishes (ooh, I think I'll paint my nails with that orange from the October box tonight!  If I was better at nail art, I would use the black as a base and then add some bumpy orange tips or half-moons, but I'm horrible at it, so I'll just stick with what I can do decently), I would not be surprised to see a textured blue (to mimic choppy water), gray (those rocks!), or even a light brown (sand, although that's not really in the above photo).  November is a *very* rainy month where I live, so grays and gray-blues would perfectly reflect the weather here even if they're not the sorts of colors pretty much everywhere else associates with November.  

(I just keep looking at this photo and thinking, "Man, those are pretty colors!  I wish I had nail polish in similar shades."  Then I realize that I WILL HAVE THEM VERY, VERY SOON!  Yay!)

Thanks for starting this!  I agree with you about the colors.  If there's a green I hope it's a light gray green and not a yellow-green.  More blues will be nice, going into winter.  :-D

I hope that since they changed their promo image, taking out the yellow piers, maybe we're in luck with not getting yellows this month. I'm only kind of bitter about them because they look terrible on my pasty skin; obviously I should move to Miami and get a tan!

Hoping for sage and stormy blue, and maybe a winter white?

I only get disappointed in yellows because they look bad on my skin, too.  When I was much younger and had a rosier complexion, bright yellow was one of my fave colors to wear.  Now I find butter yellow looks so much better.  Like this polish SqH sent in April:

Love your idea of sage (Thanksgiving turkey stuffing!) and stormy blue.  :-D

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   Now I find butter yellow looks so much better.  Like this polish SqH sent in April:
I love that yellow so much, but it just doesn't love me back. It looks good on you, though! Even though yellows are usually tricky like whites, I find that particular formula is really forgiving. I also like the one from the August box, but it picks up every bit of sallowness in my complexion. 

I'm a little disappointed that SH is going with all these muted shades; I love subtle and soft, but I really wanted rich, bold autumn hues. I hope we get nice jewel tones for December. But I think the November preview image is pretty, and certainly fitting today's weather up here!

Anybody think they'll do something special for their one-year anniversary?

I'm really hoping for a knockout silver foil with holo shimmer (like the shimmer in midnight flurries and surf gypsy) for their anniversary.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really hoping for a knockout silver foil with holo shimmer (like the shimmer in midnight flurries and surf gypsy) for their anniversary.
Boy, I'd be first in the "Gimme" line for that!  Well, maybe second.

formul3edphrase, I think that bright yellow looks great on you.  I think we all tend to be our own worst critics about what looks good.

Ooh, shipping! So excited to see what lands in the spiderbox! I mean mailbox!
So far this year we have had a GIANT spider and some yellow jackets take up residence in our mailbox. So I guess I do have a spiderbox!

Yippee!  My box tracking updated within hours (unlike another company's, The Polish Company That Must Not Be Named) and I can see it's on its way to me.  Since I live in the west, I don't expect it 'til Monday.  Hope some people get their boxes tomorrow. 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What do you all think about their new header? Wonder what it means (and what colors we're supposed to get from that!)...
I saw it and am not sure what to think, although I don't think it shows preview colors per se.  I could certainly be wrong!  :-D  Maybe it's something to do with their upcoming one-year anniversary.  Will be fun to find out.

My guess is that they're rolling out worldwide shipping, not just to Canada.
Oh, that would be awesome! Good guess. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My guess is that they're rolling out worldwide shipping, not just to Canada.

That's how I'm intepreting the picture as well. It's a smart move on their part since Julep only ships to Canada.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My shipping says I should receive it on Monday!  I can't wait!!
Yep, I just checked my tracking again and it has an expected delivery date of Monday.  Really looking forward to it since I skipped a few months.
w00t.gif

Well, looks like I was wrong and the "journey" is indeed referring to the box for December, The Passport Collection: New York.  What does everyone think of the new preview picture?  I love the shiny bright purple & don't think SqH has had nearly enough purples yet (don't mean that critically, just my personal taste).  But... do you think there's going to be another yellow or gold?  Please say no; we've gotten so many.  The bright teal blue is pretty too, but there's also black, white, red ... hmmm.  I don't expect black at all since that was just in the Moto Collection.

603155_672486329451756_1961494791_n.jpg

Since this is called The Passport Collection: New York, I wonder if there are going to be more in the Passport Collection but themed around other cities.  Ooh, Paris, Tokyo, London.... could be way fun!!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, looks like I was wrong and the "journey" is indeed referring to the box for December, The Passport Collection: New York.  What does everyone think of the new preview picture?  I love the shiny bright purple & don't think SqH had had nearly enough purples yet (don't mean that critically, just my personal taste).  But... do you think there's going to be another yellow or gold?  Please say no; we've gotten so many.  The bright teal blue is pretty too, but there's also black, white, red ... hmmm.  I don't expect black at all since that was just in the Moto Collection.

Since this is called The Passport Collection: New York, I wonder if there are going to be more in the Passport Collection but themed around other cities.  Ooh, Paris, Tokyo, London.... could be way fun!!
I also hope there's not going to be another yellow or gold.  I've gotten 3 of those since June and I do not want anymore!!!  I would love a purple and a teal....even a white since I use white constantly and still haven't found the perfect white.

I'd like a teal blue that would be darker & brighter than Ocean Drive from the June box.  I liked O.D. and love teals and blues.  Isn't it surprising how few reds we've seen?  Purple - Teal - White would be a gorgeous combo.

Latest posts

Back