Starlooks November 2013 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflowercake

Sunflowercake
Reaction score
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Since we have had some questions in other threads regarding the Starbox for December promo here if info:

And straight from their FB page
sounds like I will be signin back up in December. I like the quality and customer service, just could not do anything with the products out of my last box.

Sorry yes, I was more thinking to myself and hoping that this will come again. I was going to ask if anyone knows if they have a holiday special since last year it revealed early (;

I know this is early but I am already speculating on what will be in our November boxes.  I wonder if we will get something that will compliment our December boxes.

Someone said in the October thread that they got an email from Starlooks saying that "bold colors" would be coming for November. I can't wait to see what they mean by that!

I just got my fellow makeup addict coworker (we make frequent lunchtime Sephora therapy runs!) to nag me for my referral link today!  I really hope November is good or at least not disappointing enough to make her cancel before the December box because I think that will really knock her out.  She's currently an ipsy subscriber, but she has apparently been not too thrilled with them lately.  I think this might be more her speed.  I know it's mine!

As for what I'm hoping for in the box...  Given the berry lip trend, I really hope that's in there, although I'm not seeing that sort of shade in their lipsticks right now.  I have OCC lip tar in Black Dahlia, and it's the perfect shade, but it's always nice to have variations on a color theme in my collection (see:  my hot pink lip product collection!).  

I reallly loved the October box!  I never do the wish list thing for subs because I feel like it has the potential to set me up for disappointment.  I just try to forget about them until the spoilers pop up.  I was just kicking around the Starlooks site seeing if there was anything I "needed." ;-)

I am thinking of signing up for this!! Esp with my birthday being in December, 15 shadow palette AND a birthday box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How happy have y'all been with your sub so far? 

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To get December's box when do we need to sign up by?
I think it's sign up by the 10th of whatever month to get that month's box.  This is on the Starbox site right now:

Quote:  If you order before November 10th, you will receive your first Starbox in November!

If you want the December box, make sure you sign up after nov 10 otherwise your first box will be the nov box if you sign up before nov 10

Quote: Originally Posted by Glossygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want the December box, make sure you sign up after nov 10 otherwise your first box will be the nov box if you sign up before nov 10

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's sign up by the 10th of whatever month to get that month's box.  This is on the Starbox site right now:

Quote:  If you order before November 10th, you will receive your first Starbox in November!

Thanks ladies! I went ahead and signed up tonight, the November box sounds fun too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Any idea when the look book comes out? Looking back at past months it seems like it was already posted by now!

I'm really excited for December's box. Such a great deal for Starlooks subscribers! 

A quick question, I saw someone mention on one of the Starlooks forums about receiving an extra gift on their birthday...is this true? I have had a Starlooks sub for a couple months, but there is nowhere I entered in my bday.. 

I'm excited to see what November has to offer. I was the one that got the email that promised color in our November boxes. I'm also hoping for a good winter berry color or even an icy pink (if that makes any sense). I imagine we will be getting a LOT of color in December as well with a big eyeshadow palette. This is definitely my favorite sub!

Ooh! The November looks book is up. It mentions color & there definitely is color. Red, yellow, & black eyeshadow? Hmmm. Do you think they'd put a bunch of eyeshadows in novembers box if they are doing a 15 color shadow palette in December? I love eyeshadows & I'd love them in any color, but it would surprise me to get several colors in November & in December. I'm excited to get some fun colors though!

The weird thing is that those colors look a lot like what they sent out in July. Maybe it's the liner, and they're sending out a colored kohl pencil? I really like how they provided a step-by-step for the eye look here. Now that I'm looking more closely at the October box, it kind of looks like they were attempting to do it there as well, but it wasn't as obvious when I was originally looking at it. Now that I see the 1-2-3 on this month's eye focus, I get the impression that's what they were doing last month, but it just didn't quite click. I think I found a project for me next weekend! ETA: Is it just me, or does it look like her brows are darker in step 6? Maybe a brow item? I would love a pencil because I'm always realizing I forgot to do my brows *after* I Ieave my apartment, and a pencil could just live in my makeup bag.

The weird thing is that those colors look a lot like what they sent out in July. Maybe it's the liner, and they're sending out a colored kohl pencil? I really like how they provided a step-by-step for the eye look here. Now that I'm looking more closely at the October box, it kind of looks like they were attempting to do it there as well, but it wasn't as obvious when I was originally looking at it. Now that I see the 1-2-3 on this month's eye focus, I get the impression that's what they were doing last month, but it just didn't quite click. I think I found a project for me next weekend!
I love the step by step look as well. Since we don't get the Marci videos anymore I really love the tutorial via pictures! You are totally right about the eye colors though. The orangy yellow @ the black were in the July box. Maybe we are getting the red this month? The July box had the yellow, black, maroon (not bright red like these pics), coral, & natural color. I really do love how our products from different months all work together to make some pretty awesome looks.

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really do love how our products from different months all work together to make some pretty awesome looks.
This is one of my favorite parts of this sub.  It really seems like we can gradually rotate things through, like the peach and pink blushes from January and February were great through the winter and spring, and then we got that intimidating-but-awesome brown for the summer, so the peach and pink went into storage while we used the brown because it really was much more summery than the peach and pink, and just when the season was starting to be wrong for the brown, we got that palette.  And the non-blush items we received in the winter/spring worked nicely with the peach/pink, and then the summer color plan was clearly built around the brown, but it wasn't a sharp transition.  Now that we have this new blush palette, I'm wondering if maybe we're going to see cooler colors to work with that since we got a whole lot of warm stuff over the summer that worked with the brown blush.

Ugh, is my dinner ready yet?  I can feel my blood sugar dropping and my incoherence skyrocketing.

Latest posts

Back