MICABELLA RIP OFF - Consumers BEWARE...DO NOT PURCHASE THESE PRODUCTS!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
London consumers beware of purchasing ANY Micabella cosmetics. The sales team are like 'used car salesman' and they rip you off price wise! I was overcharged for products. I was told the foundation costs £120 and I was given a 'special deal' for various products. When I looked online I realised they had ripped me off and overcharged me by nearly two thirds a product! The foundation retails online for £45. Whats more they will not refund you although I did manage to get more products from them to make up for the price I paid.

I am very unhappy they would not refund me fully and I have written to their headquarters at [email protected]. I await a response from them.

I am pregnant and therefore vulnerable and I feel this company has taken advantage of me.

Any other suggestions of who to contact if I do not get a response from their headquarters would be great. Even although I managed to argue with them and gain a few more products (which by the way my 'special deal' had already paid for), I feel that a full refund should have been offered.

What's more they say there is a 1 yr refill guarantee on foundation and if you use it up before 12 months they will refill it. No where on the receipt is this stated. In store they show you how much product to use but when they make you over they use the product without its shaker top hence they use a lot more. When I tried the product this morning I needed a lot more than 4 taps to achieve ANY coverage at all.

MAJOR CON! I have been left with a product that's average and I feel ripped off!

Having had experience with Micabella/Micabeauty.... If you purchased from a kiosk then the main headquarters will not help you. Been there, done that. I did eventually get my own money back but only after I filed a small claims in my local court (since it was at a local kiosk). It took a few months.

Edit to add:

The main office can't help and won't help because the kiosks typically are independently owned. I went after the owner of the kiosk due to her claims that I could get a refund, having an allergic reaction (which I documented) and that her kiosk did not have the required signage of "no refunds". Unfortunately these kiosk tend to be over priced (to the Micabella/Micabeauty website) and the owners typically will not refund the money. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Being new to mineral makeup, info like this is very helpful.

@scarletfee Thanks for the warning. I haven't seen this around here, but it's always good to know. @RaineAngel I'm a mineral makeup lover but found I'm quite sensitive to bismuth oxychloride, an ingredient in some lines. It's good to watch out for it, and test and powder before investing a lot.

In my case, I've had luck with Alima Pure (for foundation, blush/bronzers, eyeshadow, and colour balancing/primer/finishing powders) and Silk Naturals (for eyeshadows, fantastic correctors, and blushes; and I also really enjoy their lip products and moisturizers/serums). Silk Naturals gives you the facility to mix your own shades of foundation from a base white and a concentrated powder colour base or mix of colour bases. As I get a good solution from Alima (by mixing two foundation colours admittedly, and changing with the seasons), I haven't worked hard on finding my perfect colour formula (ratio of white to colours) with Silk Naturals. It isn't admittedly hard; I just have others to use right now. Alima has 61 shades, so it's handy for me, and I get a super finish on my skin with their product. The Alima foundation brush is absolutely worth getting! With SN I've tried the regular white base - I found it a bit too light on the coverage, so now I have to mix up my shade with their medium coverage white base, and haven't yet gotten around to it.

But I'm sure you'll be reading a lot on the Mineral Makeup pages. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck.

Latest posts

Back