Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 View Post

yikes this is making me nervous. I hope mine arrives in one piece *fingers crossed*

Me too (and I'm in Canada as well). Hopefully they had the forethought to pack it better since it's travelling "farther"?? But then why wouldn't they pack them all thoroughly especially since the box is rock hard? Someone did not think that one through. Did anyone receive one that was NOT damaged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 View Post
 

yikes this is making me nervous. I hope mine arrives in one piece *fingers crossed*



Me too (and I'm in Canada as well). Hopefully they had the forethought to pack it better since it's travelling "farther"?? But then why wouldn't they pack them all thoroughly especially since the box is rock hard? Someone did not think that one through. Did anyone receive one that was NOT damaged?

 

They would have saved a lot more money in the long run by doing it right the first time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtfridays View Post

Cynthia is a little thick for me. Anyone else?

Haven't tried it yet, but I generally just assume Julep polishes will be thick lol. I usually add some thinner to them and that helps a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cynthia is a little thick for me. Anyone else?
That's weird because I was just thinking how nice mine was, it's the perfect consistently and goes on effortlessly. In fact I think it's the best polish I've received from Julep. I wonder if you got a bad one or something if it's so thick that it's hard to apply maybe email Julep??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtfridays View Post

Cynthia is a little thick for me. Anyone else?

That's weird because I was just thinking how nice mine was, it's the perfect consistently and goes on effortlessly. In fact I think it's the best polish I've received from Julep. I wonder if you got a bad one or something if it's so thick that it's hard to apply maybe email Julep??

Ditto. Mine is perfect. My new favorite Julep shade for sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 View Post
 

yikes this is making me nervous. I hope mine arrives in one piece *fingers crossed*



Me too (and I'm in Canada as well). Hopefully they had the forethought to pack it better since it's travelling "farther"?? But then why wouldn't they pack them all thoroughly especially since the box is rock hard? Someone did not think that one through. Did anyone receive one that was NOT damaged?

 

my gem collection just arrived today- and it arrived not broken (whew!!) I can't tell you exactly what the other packing was like in the box (it was shipped to my co-worker's house, since she was kind enough to order for me, since she hadn't used the first20 code yet... she got herself a lovely champagne trio add-on for her & she had unwrapped it all and brought it into work).  The packaging in the hard outer box was just a thin sheet of the foam paper wrapped about the jewelry case (which was inside the slightly larger hard white outer box).  Nothing inside the jewelry box tho, and when i opened it- all the polishes had popped out of their slots and were loose. eeeek! 

 

btw- the glitters are FAB!!  soooo pretty! I'm really happy I got the gem collection (the new neutrals, northern lights, & ellie are great too!!)  Best secret store ever! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post
 

 

my gem collection just arrived today- and it arrived not broken (whew!!) I can't tell you exactly what the other packing was like in the box (it was shipped to my co-worker's house, since she was kind enough to order for me, since she hadn't used the first20 code yet... she got herself a lovely champagne trio add-on for her & she had unwrapped it all and brought it into work).  The packaging in the hard outer box was just a thin sheet of the foam paper wrapped about the jewelry case (which was inside the slightly larger hard white outer box).  Nothing inside the jewelry box tho, and when i opened it- all the polishes had popped out of their slots and were loose. eeeek! 

 

btw- the glitters are FAB!!  soooo pretty! I'm really happy I got the gem collection (the new neutrals, northern lights, & ellie are great too!!)  Best secret store ever! :D


Thanks for the update!  Glad all of yours arrived safely.  Doesn't sound like there is the appropriate amount of padding/stuffing. :sadno:  Here's hoping they all arrive safely for the rest of us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post
 

 

my gem collection just arrived today- and it arrived not broken (whew!!) I can't tell you exactly what the other packing was like in the box (it was shipped to my co-worker's house, since she was kind enough to order for me, since she hadn't used the first20 code yet... she got herself a lovely champagne trio add-on for her & she had unwrapped it all and brought it into work).  The packaging in the hard outer box was just a thin sheet of the foam paper wrapped about the jewelry case (which was inside the slightly larger hard white outer box).  Nothing inside the jewelry box tho, and when i opened it- all the polishes had popped out of their slots and were loose. eeeek! 

 

btw- the glitters are FAB!!  soooo pretty! I'm really happy I got the gem collection (the new neutrals, northern lights, & ellie are great too!!)  Best secret store ever! :D


LUCKY!!!! One of the only one to survive was Jasmine...It's so pretty, I can't stand it! With the other box on it's way i will have two..SQEEEEEE!      :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my Secret Store order yesterday. Thankfully everything was in one piece, though everything in my Gem Collection was out of its slot and kind of floating freely around inside the jewelry box.

 

Jasmine was the polish I was most excited about, so naturally I used that first, but mine was really thick and difficult to apply :icon_conf I actually haven't had this problem yet with Julep, so I'm really disappointed it started with a color I was looking forward to so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my secret store order today, and while I was happy that it shipped pretty quickly, 2 of the polishes in my "extraordinary color kit" were broken, and there was polish and shards of glass all over everything in the little pouch they came in. :( This is the 2nd time in recent months that I have received shattered polishes. Last time CS was really good about it and sent a replacement right away. I just emailed them about this order so hopefully will get a replacement soon. The colors are so pretty...I love the new red color. That was one of the bottles that did not actually break (along with Sienna and the topcoat, they were covered in polish and pieces of glass but I'm hoping maybe I can salvage them...) What a bummer that it sounds like this is happening to a lot of people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting on a secret store and a gocrazy order. I miss when Juleps came wrapped in bubble wrap with the cute plastic rubber bands. Maybe if they have to replace enough orders they will start back packaging them properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are replacing the jewelry box and the one polish that broke. I imagine they aren't replacing the whole thing because it didn't spill polish everywhere. Cleaning the glass shards off the remaining bottles was annoying though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post
 

They are replacing the jewelry box and the one polish that broke. I imagine they aren't replacing the whole thing because it didn't spill polish everywhere. Cleaning the glass shards off the remaining bottles was annoying though.

Oh come on, it's part of the charm.  Trying not to cut up your fingers on shards of glass, or having them get on every surface in a 10 foot radius, or having pets get into it before you clean it up.  It's like a challenge to see if you are worthy enough to get to use the polish!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme502 View Post
 

Oh come on, it's part of the charm.  Trying not to cut up your fingers on shards of glass, or having them get on every surface in a 10 foot radius, or having pets get into it before you clean it up.  It's like a challenge to see if you are worthy enough to get to use the polish!  

Ah hah. I was pretty careful so it didn't get anywhere but yeah.... huge p.i.t.a. I think I am going to do a late night mani.... LOVING the gem collection and they're so pretty!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for some dark winter colors, but I certainly don't want them all to be metallic! They always look so strange on my skin tone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know what I want in the way of polishes for December.  
Haha ditto, I would like my bf not to be like omg do you need more nail polish..so that's what I would like for December

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just got a Julep survey regarding foundation...don't do it Julep, don't do it!!!!!!
Haha. I got that too, and my comment at the end was I'd never ever buy a foundation from julep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellulaBlue View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Loves View Post
 

My gem collection came in the mail with broken bottles galore. I have no idea why they shipped it in such a huge box without padding. I sent pics when I got home and I'm still waiting for a CS response.


I just got mine today and my Gem Collection was broken as well. I decided to call them directly and am currently on hold. I'm glad I looked because I was planning on gifting this to someone and would have been sooooo embarrassed if they had found all of the bottles broken. :icon_redf

Sorry to hear that, hope they fix things for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrst909 View Post
 

I just received my secret store order today, and while I was happy that it shipped pretty quickly, 2 of the polishes in my "extraordinary color kit" were broken, and there was polish and shards of glass all over everything in the little pouch they came in. :( This is the 2nd time in recent months that I have received shattered polishes. Last time CS was really good about it and sent a replacement right away. I just emailed them about this order so hopefully will get a replacement soon. The colors are so pretty...I love the new red color. That was one of the bottles that did not actually break (along with Sienna and the topcoat, they were covered in polish and pieces of glass but I'm hoping maybe I can salvage them...) What a bummer that it sounds like this is happening to a lot of people!

Sorry to hear that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered the Hand Model holiday set from Julep, with the Glycolic Scrub, Rockstar Hand Creme, and the Nail Therapy. I was super excited to get this kit and got a few extra for holiday gifts. It came today and the hand treatment tubes are tiny (I must have missed that they were sample size), but the biggest letdown is that the Rockstar Creme smells exactly like Nair, ya know the depilatory cream! Did I get a bad batch??? it smells really offensive and now I'm worried about gifting the other kits. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grau View Post

I ordered the Hand Model holiday set from Julep, with the Glycolic Scrub, Rockstar Hand Creme, and the Nail Therapy. I was super excited to get this kit and got a few extra for holiday gifts.

It came today and the hand treatment tubes are tiny (I must have missed that they were sample size), but the biggest letdown is that the Rockstar Creme smells exactly like Nair, ya know the depilatory cream! Did I get a bad batch??? it smells really offensive and now I'm worried about gifting the other kits.

Thoughts?

My Rockstar cream definitely does not smell like nair... I use it all the time so... I would contact customer service. That's weird!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • I've never talked to guys on Dating sites, and I've been thinking. Why not? Tell me, do you know anything About brilic app? Maybe a Dating app would be a lot more convenient. I am interested in this idea, because you can meet anywhere and at any time. The main thing that was handy smartphone.
    • As someone who is not makeup advanced at all, I'm looking to try a few new things!   I have never used anything other than foundation, eyeshadow, green and yellow concealer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and blush.    So I know nothing about primers, moisturizers, sprays, contour or anything like that, but I'm curious.    I don't want to do anything fancy and I just like simple makeup but I do love subtle blended colors of eyeshadows and things like that.    I also don't want to spend too much on any one thing unless I really need to! So, I was wondering, what are some products and brands that would change my makeup life forever? What's something I should try that will change the game for me and bring my makeup up a notch? Something I won't be able to live without once I try it?? I mainly just buy CoverGirl or dollar store stuff and would like to expand my horizon!
    • Come check out my channel, videos every single Saturday ❤️   
    • Go check out my latest video, subscribe for constant content. Been my absolute dream to do YouTube videos and now I’m doing it!!     

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×
×
  • Create New...