Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 View Post

yikes this is making me nervous. I hope mine arrives in one piece *fingers crossed*

Me too (and I'm in Canada as well). Hopefully they had the forethought to pack it better since it's travelling "farther"?? But then why wouldn't they pack them all thoroughly especially since the box is rock hard? Someone did not think that one through. Did anyone receive one that was NOT damaged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

Quote:

yikes this is making me nervous. I hope mine arrives in one piece *fingers crossed*

Me too (and I'm in Canada as well). Hopefully they had the forethought to pack it better since it's travelling "farther"?? But then why wouldn't they pack them all thoroughly especially since the box is rock hard? Someone did not think that one through. Did anyone receive one that was NOT damaged?

They would have saved a lot more money in the long run by doing it right the first time.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtfridays View Post

Cynthia is a little thick for me. Anyone else?

Haven't tried it yet, but I generally just assume Julep polishes will be thick lol. I usually add some thinner to them and that helps a ton.

That's weird because I was just thinking how nice mine was, it's the perfect consistently and goes on effortlessly. In fact I think it's the best polish I've received from Julep. I wonder if you got a bad one or something if it's so thick that it's hard to apply maybe email Julep??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtfridays View Post

That's weird because I was just thinking how nice mine was, it's the perfect consistently and goes on effortlessly. In fact I think it's the best polish I've received from Julep. I wonder if you got a bad one or something if it's so thick that it's hard to apply maybe email Julep??

Ditto. Mine is perfect. My new favorite Julep shade for sure! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

Quote:

my gem collection just arrived today- and it arrived not broken (whew!!) I can't tell you exactly what the other packing was like in the box (it was shipped to my co-worker's house, since she was kind enough to order for me, since she hadn't used the first20 code yet... she got herself a lovely champagne trio add-on for her & she had unwrapped it all and brought it into work).  The packaging in the hard outer box was just a thin sheet of the foam paper wrapped about the jewelry case (which was inside the slightly larger hard white outer box).  Nothing inside the jewelry box tho, and when i opened it- all the polishes had popped out of their slots and were loose. eeeek! 

btw- the glitters are FAB!!  soooo pretty! I'm really happy I got the gem collection (the new neutrals, northern lights, & ellie are great too!!)  Best secret store ever! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

my gem collection just arrived today- and it arrived not broken (whew!!) I can't tell you exactly what the other packing was like in the box (it was shipped to my co-worker's house, since she was kind enough to order for me, since she hadn't used the first20 code yet... she got herself a lovely champagne trio add-on for her & she had unwrapped it all and brought it into work).  The packaging in the hard outer box was just a thin sheet of the foam paper wrapped about the jewelry case (which was inside the slightly larger hard white outer box).  Nothing inside the jewelry box tho, and when i opened it- all the polishes had popped out of their slots and were loose. eeeek! 

btw- the glitters are FAB!!  soooo pretty! I'm really happy I got the gem collection (the new neutrals, northern lights, & ellie are great too!!)  Best secret store ever! :D

Thanks for the update!  Glad all of yours arrived safely.  Doesn't sound like there is the appropriate amount of padding/stuffing. :sadno:  Here's hoping they all arrive safely for the rest of us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

LUCKY!!!! One of the only one to survive was Jasmine...It's so pretty, I can't stand it! With the other box on it's way i will have two..SQEEEEEE!      :laughing:

I received my Secret Store order yesterday. Thankfully everything was in one piece, though everything in my Gem Collection was out of its slot and kind of floating freely around inside the jewelry box.

Jasmine was the polish I was most excited about, so naturally I used that first, but mine was really thick and difficult to apply :icon_conf I actually haven't had this problem yet with Julep, so I'm really disappointed it started with a color I was looking forward to so much.

I just received my secret store order today, and while I was happy that it shipped pretty quickly, 2 of the polishes in my "extraordinary color kit" were broken, and there was polish and shards of glass all over everything in the little pouch they came in. :( This is the 2nd time in recent months that I have received shattered polishes. Last time CS was really good about it and sent a replacement right away. I just emailed them about this order so hopefully will get a replacement soon. The colors are so pretty...I love the new red color. That was one of the bottles that did not actually break (along with Sienna and the topcoat, they were covered in polish and pieces of glass but I'm hoping maybe I can salvage them...) What a bummer that it sounds like this is happening to a lot of people!

I am waiting on a secret store and a gocrazy order. I miss when Juleps came wrapped in bubble wrap with the cute plastic rubber bands. Maybe if they have to replace enough orders they will start back packaging them properly. 

They are replacing the jewelry box and the one polish that broke. I imagine they aren't replacing the whole thing because it didn't spill polish everywhere. Cleaning the glass shards off the remaining bottles was annoying though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

They are replacing the jewelry box and the one polish that broke. I imagine they aren't replacing the whole thing because it didn't spill polish everywhere. Cleaning the glass shards off the remaining bottles was annoying though.

Oh come on, it's part of the charm.  Trying not to cut up your fingers on shards of glass, or having them get on every surface in a 10 foot radius, or having pets get into it before you clean it up.  It's like a challenge to see if you are worthy enough to get to use the polish!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme502 View Post

Oh come on, it's part of the charm.  Trying not to cut up your fingers on shards of glass, or having them get on every surface in a 10 foot radius, or having pets get into it before you clean it up.  It's like a challenge to see if you are worthy enough to get to use the polish!  

Ah hah. I was pretty careful so it didn't get anywhere but yeah.... huge p.i.t.a. I think I am going to do a late night mani.... LOVING the gem collection and they're so pretty!!

I'm hoping for some dark winter colors, but I certainly don't want them all to be metallic! They always look so strange on my skin tone.

I don't know what I want in the way of polishes for December.  
Haha ditto, I would like my bf not to be like omg do you need more nail polish..so that's what I would like for December

I just got a Julep survey regarding foundation...don't do it Julep, don't do it!!!!!!
Haha. I got that too, and my comment at the end was I'd never ever buy a foundation from julep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellulaBlue View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Loves View Post

My gem collection came in the mail with broken bottles galore. I have no idea why they shipped it in such a huge box without padding. I sent pics when I got home and I'm still waiting for a CS response.

I just got mine today and my Gem Collection was broken as well. I decided to call them directly and am currently on hold. I'm glad I looked because I was planning on gifting this to someone and would have been sooooo embarrassed if they had found all of the bottles broken. :icon_redf

Sorry to hear that, hope they fix things for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrst909 View Post

I just received my secret store order today, and while I was happy that it shipped pretty quickly, 2 of the polishes in my "extraordinary color kit" were broken, and there was polish and shards of glass all over everything in the little pouch they came in. :( This is the 2nd time in recent months that I have received shattered polishes. Last time CS was really good about it and sent a replacement right away. I just emailed them about this order so hopefully will get a replacement soon. The colors are so pretty...I love the new red color. That was one of the bottles that did not actually break (along with Sienna and the topcoat, they were covered in polish and pieces of glass but I'm hoping maybe I can salvage them...) What a bummer that it sounds like this is happening to a lot of people!

Sorry to hear that.

I ordered the Hand Model holiday set from Julep, with the Glycolic Scrub, Rockstar Hand Creme, and the Nail Therapy. I was super excited to get this kit and got a few extra for holiday gifts. It came today and the hand treatment tubes are tiny (I must have missed that they were sample size), but the biggest letdown is that the Rockstar Creme smells exactly like Nair, ya know the depilatory cream! Did I get a bad batch??? it smells really offensive and now I'm worried about gifting the other kits. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grau View Post

I ordered the Hand Model holiday set from Julep, with the Glycolic Scrub, Rockstar Hand Creme, and the Nail Therapy. I was super excited to get this kit and got a few extra for holiday gifts.

It came today and the hand treatment tubes are tiny (I must have missed that they were sample size), but the biggest letdown is that the Rockstar Creme smells exactly like Nair, ya know the depilatory cream! Did I get a bad batch??? it smells really offensive and now I'm worried about gifting the other kits.

Thoughts?

My Rockstar cream definitely does not smell like nair... I use it all the time so... I would contact customer service. That's weird!