Starlooks Ambassador Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys -- 

Has anyone been emailed about the new Starlooks Ambassador Program? It sounds great and all from the email (free subscription and points for referrals), but doing a Google search of it finds absolutely nothing which makes me leery. And the fact that there's no actual sign up page, just email contact...

Is this legit, or a scam? I don't want to sign up for something and get scammed.

Hey guys --  Has anyone been emailed about the new Starlooks Ambassador Program? It sounds great and all from the email (free subscription and points for referrals), but doing a Google search of it finds absolutely nothing which makes me leery. And the fact that there's no actual sign up page, just email contact... Is this legit, or a scam? I don't want to sign up for something and get scammed.
I've received the email. I think it's a brand new program, so you're probably not going to find anything because this is the first anyone has heard of it. Starlooks has really been working hard at building their brand lately, so I think this is totally legit and just one more way they're trying to get their name out in the world. ETA: I just realized this post is in Makeup Talk, not the sub box forum. Are you a Starlooks subscriber already? I figured I received it because I'm a subscriber.

Makes me feel better that others have gotten the same email. I really want to sign up, I just want to make sure it's legit before I do, ya know?

I got the email and I haven't been subbed in forever. I didn't bother looking into it because I'm so busy with school.

I also got it. I know Marci has been working with bloggers in the past so using college students is a smart idea. I signed my eldest up for it since she needs makeup and is in college plus I can help her with it.

I think I'll sign up then since you guys know a lot more about Starlooks than I do, and I love free stuff, especially food and makeup!

(Oh, BTW, in case it makes you feel any better, I just looked at that email address, and it's the main Starlooks email address, and the phone number is their main number.  I would sign up in a heartbeat due to my experience with and enthusiasm for Starlooks Starbox, but I'm not a student!  There's a whole MUT subforum for this company right over here.)

I also received the e-mail and jumped on it! I responded yesterday and today I got an e-mail back that I qualified. The only information she needed was a mailing address and your desired AP user name. She said I'd get my box of goodies sometime this month, beyond excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got an email saying my first box will be shipped out today! So excited to see what I get!!

Decided to reply to the email see what it was all about, since I am still a student. Seems interesting so I'll try it out. Not sure if I'll be the right person for it, but you never know until you try! They sent me a tracking number for my box of goodies very quickly so I'm excited to see!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Decided to reply to the email see what it was all about, since I am still a student. Seems interesting so I'll try it out. Not sure if I'll be the right person for it, but you never know until you try! They sent me a tracking number for my box of goodies very quickly so I'm excited to see!
My thoughts exactly. I've never really been a sales person...but I figure I can do my best to promote & if people buy things, great! If not, that's ok too. 

This actually worked out really well for me, because I forgot to re-sign up before the October deadline & I missed that box!

Got my box today! It contained a "Tendergloss" which is a "natural lip color enhancer" that has a sheer, metallic finish, a silver eyeliner pencil that can double as an all over shadow base and a 3 blush palette with beautiful colors!

Got my box today! It contained a "Tendergloss" which is a "natural lip color enhancer" that has a sheer, metallic finish, a silver eyeliner pencil that can double as an all over shadow base and a 3 blush palette with beautiful colors!
Is that Tendergloss shade Puzzy? If so, that's the October box! I love that whole box. I think it's my favorite of the year.

Awesome!! I was really wanting that box because the blushes and silver eyeliner look pretty. I'm excited.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that Tendergloss shade Puzzy? If so, that's the October box! I love that whole box. I think it's my favorite of the year.

Yes, it is Puzzy. 

I got my box in today and I really love the products! It was perfect for me tbh because I've been dying for some more blush lately. I'll probably do a full blown review sometime this weekend during the day when my apartment has good lighting.

One thing I was talking about with @usofjessamerica is how many sales we need to be bringing in each month to stay in good graces. I know my friends love makeup and I have a blog but I don't want to push it too hard yanno? But I'll probably try and push that coupon code that was in the box.

It would be kinda neat if they made a private facebook group for ambassadors so we could share tips/ask questions/get info, etc.

What exactly are the conditions to accepting the program? I emailed them back today. Just wanting some extra info.

Quote: Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What exactly are the conditions to accepting the program? I emailed them back today. Just wanting some extra info.
From the Email:

"So, as long as you stay a Starlooks Ambassador, and continue to bring referred product
purchases and subscriptions to Starbox, we will keep you subscribed to your own Starbox each month at no cost to you.
That’s right, Starbox will be FREE for YOU, and will be mailed to your doorstep every month! You can cancel your
ambassadorship at any time, and join back up any time, but as long as you continue to bring in business each month,
you’ll always be one of our representatives, and continue to receive your FREE Starbox Subscription every month !!"

I want to know -- what if I referred 5 people this month? Does that mean I get 5 months free or just the next month? (I'm guessing it just means the next month) I can't control my friends and stagger their purchases. Most of the time if I share something with my friends they all sub at the same time.

Latest posts

Back