(Spoilers) Wantable: November 2013 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 ​

I received:

1. Lise Watier Ombred Souffle Supreme sample, retail $0
  2. True Color Lip Cream in Barely There (it lights up!), retail $22
  3. Loose blush in Amorous by Brazen, retail $19
  4. Heaven's Dust in Angel Gold by Girlactik Beauty, retail $19

Total box retail value: $60
This is my first "paid" box from them after reviewing (and loving) their Halloween limited edition box. When I mean "paid" I actually had a $35 credit plus a discount so the box was free again (and I have a $3 credit for next month). It's still my first "real" box with them outside the Halloween LE box and so I'm happy with the products.

Is the Heaven's dust considered a highlighter?  I was subbed the last 4 months, but finally gave it up this month after continually getting things that were out of my profile, but not annoying enough to go through the trouble of sending it back.  I am trying the jewelry box this month, so we'll see how that goes.

It's a face & body shimmer. New item for me, never heard of Girlactik.com before. While it's pretty I wouldn't pay $18 for it out of my own pocket that's for sure so I'm glad to try it in the Wantable box.

They did a complete switch a roo on members.  I am skipping boxes until they change back to their original model of 4-6 items, box value of 80-100 dollars.  Their responses to me have been just disrespectful - they take me for a fool or something.

Hey guys!

Unfortunately, we can't post on here as often as we'd like, but I wanted to reach out to you guys and offer you the option to email me at [email protected] so I can help with all of the issue you guys have been posting about! I also wanted to let you know what's going on with our Makeup Box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, at Wantable, our #1 goal is customer satisfaction. We received a lot of feedback from customers that they wanted to see new and exciting brands with a higher price point. We brought those in (such as DEX and Girlactik), but then felt that we may need to lower the number of items in each box to make room for these new brands. That’s why we decided to decrease the number to 3-4 products per makeup box.

After much deliberation and helpful feedback from our customers, we decided to reverse this decision and go back to 4-5 items per makeup box. It will be more difficult, but like the great Tim Gunn says, we'll "make it work!" Thank you to everyone who took the time to email or contact us via social media. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns. We’d love to chat! 

So, bottom line, is we're back! 4 to 5 brand name items, AND new brands like DEX (Lady Gaga's a fan!), Starlooks, Girlactik, and ncLA polishes, which Beyonce wore in her Pepsi superbowl commercials! 

Please please email us if they're is anything we can do to make you a happy or happier customer. Thanks!

(I'll be posting this on all threads about us, hoping they won't get removed!)

Thanks for the update.  Given that a number of us also subscribe to Starlooks, will there be an effort to ensure items are not duplicated from their regular subscription box?

Here's my November box (PR sample), the RV of all this is roughly $75.

I canceled my makeup box last month, but decided to go for the accessories box. I'm super super happy with it.  I was sent a heavy, cuddly gray scarf/shawl (sort of a lace pattern), the same funky chain/silver necklace with green glass bling that someone posted earlier (love it in person, not normally my thing but looks so good with a black dress), and little spike earrings.  I'll use everything in the box. I was a bit worried since I'm fussy on my accessories, but they took my rock 'n roll, silver, and mixed items seriously!

I get both the accessories box and the intimates box. I was pretty meh about both of them this month and am sending them back. 

For the accessories box, I received that big gray scarf that Dayo Steph got, a cool geometric silver necklace and small gold and black studs. While all of the products were nice and matched my profile, none of them were things I had to have.

I was less pleased with my intimates box. I got a pair of hideous Jockey underwear that were all splotchy and had black, grey, brown and white spots all over it. Then I had a pink bandeau top that looks very bad on me and a cute pair of black and white sleep shorts. Plus a cool pair of purple tights. While I liked the tights and the shorts, I couldn't justify the $36 box cost to keep them. 

I'm sad because I had much better luck in October. Oh well...might as well spend the $72 elsewhere!

I got my makeup box earlier this week and they had to send out a replacement item, as they sent me a dislike.  I am not really trusting their matching anymore, as I love lipsticks, liked red and disliked bright (all under lipsticks).  However, they send me a BRIGHT red lipstick and when I asked about that, I was told that they just knew it was red and a lipstick.  I made the suggestion that they need to categorize all items with all of the choices on the quiz.  A red lipstick can be sheer, shimmer, light, deep, bright and quite frankly, if they took the time to do the quiz, they need to ensure that all products are matching properly. 

I did get a good box, only 4 items, but the value was 90.00+.  I got

Girlactick Beauty Eyeshadow in Sablehttp://www.girlactik.com/eye-shadow.html

Whip Hand Cosmetics LIP HIT Long Wear Lip Veneer in Frenzy

Michael Marcus Prime Foundation Brushhttp://www.michaelmarcus.com/Tools-Accessories/Brushes/Foundation-Brush.html

Michael Marcus Lipstick in Debbie (this was the bright red lipstick)

Cailyn Cosmetics pink Kabuki Brushhttp://www.cailyncosmetics.com/product_p/bru-k-pink.htm#.Uoew2XfnJ6U (my replacement for the lipstick, which I asked for)

Victoria Soap Lanolin-Agg-Tval (my sample, which I think it more interesting than the rest of the items!!)
I did a full write up already...

I will be watching December's box very carefully.  I want more variety in my box, but obviously, their love-like-dislike system is not working very well (at least for me) and I am still not sure what I will do with Wantable.

(Lurker coming out)

I was so excited to try Wantable and was really looking forward to my first box, but it was a bit of a disappointment. Here's what I got:

Japonesesque smudger brush - haven't tried it yet.

Color Club nail polish in a super pale pink cream, almost white. In my quiz I stated that I like shimmer and dark nail polish only.

Face Stockholm lip gloss pot in Simplicity - In the quiz I disliked pots of gloss. I have trouble keeping track of brushes and hate using my fingers. Well, I found a retractable lip brush I wasn't using and I actually like this lip gloss quite a bit. It's a your-lips-but-better kind of shade and lasts about two hours before needing touch up - that's pretty long for a gloss.

I also received Two - Not one, but Two black eyeliners. Really? In the same box? One was Starlooks pencil in Obsidian. I'll be giving this away. I have four Urban Decay black pencils, I really don't need this. The other black liner is Girlactik precision eyeliner marker. I wore this once and like it. It's easy to use, makes a very precise line, and the color lasted all day, just a bit of fading but no smudging.

I'm willing to try again, but I really hope the next box is better.

misskriss, if they sent you things that were on your dislike list, contact them.  They should (they have with me) replace them with appropriate items.

I would also mention that getting TWO black eyeliners in  your box was a little too much.  They shouldn't have done that.

Latest posts

Back