Round 4: East Coast Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all East Coasters! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  here is the order for the East Coast box below:

East Coast - Leader Lily V DonnaD kellsbells Wagz379 Squidling tulosai Lily V.

I have a bunch of polishes ready to go- I'm just waiting for a package from LyndaV, who is very helpfully sending all 3 box leaders extra polishes to help beef up the starter boxes. As soon as I put both contributions together, we can get this party started! 
yay.gif
yess.gif
mussical.gif
yess.gif

Some reminders for the swap:

1.) Please send me a PM or post on here when you receive the box as well as when you send it out again. Don't forget to PM me and the gal you're sending it to the tracking number!

2.) PM me for the next address.

3.) Let's try to keep the box moving within 3-4 days after receiving it. But we understand that life happens. So if you think you'll have issues getting the box on the move in a timely manner (say, longer than a week), please just communicate that with the rest of the group.

4.) Please replenish the box with a similar value to what you take out. Example, if you take a drugstore polish, put a drugstore one in. If you take a high end/premium polish, put a high end/premium one in. This will help ensure that the balance of the box stays consistent for everyone in the group. If you're not sure what qualifies as low/high end,  I started a thread with ongoing discussion about it here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138790/polish-brand-survey-poll-for-circular-swap-participants/0_90 If you're still uncertain, please post there so we can all pitch in our thoughts and come to some kind of group consensus if necessary. Remember also that 2 mini polishes = 1 full size polish too (of course you can always do 1 mini for 1 mini too).

5.) Pictures are fabulous, so if you are able to, please post them! It's great to see what everyone takes and what everyone puts in, and it helps keep everyone honest too. If you have any trouble posting pictures, just let me know and I can help (& it's not a problem to email me the pics and I'll post them for ya!)

We'll be using this thread to post in for our box progress, and general discussion or questions pertaining to the East Coast group.  I will be posting pictures of the starter box hopefully soon too.  I'm here to help make sure everything runs smoothly, so feel free to PM me if you have any individual concerns or questions.

Hope you're all excited (I know I am!)  Looking forward to seeing all the awesome polishes!
wub.gif

I can't wait to pack up & sent out the box!!  If there are any requests (colors, finishes, brands, etc.?) Let me now...  cause god knows with the size of my polish hoard collection, I can always probably go back through for another pass, and see if there's anything else they needs to find a happy new home...

Is this limited to polish or is nail art type stuff allowed as well?

Yay VERY excited!

I vote YES to nail art type stuff, I'd love to beef up my own collection and have some stuff I cold definitely stand to part with on that and as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is this limited to polish or is nail art type stuff allowed as well?

Nope, totally not limited to only polish- nail art stuff, nail accessories- all good! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
We only ask that for the nail accessories kind of things (toe spreaders, mani set, files, etc) to make sure those kind of things are new.  Other than that- go crazy! 

I have right now (not counting if I make another pass through the hoard & I'll probably should do another go thru), 29 polishes and Lynda's sending another 10 polishes, plus a few accessories too- so we have a huge great box to start off with!

Yippee!  I can't wait!  I'm very good about shipping the box out the day after I received it so no excess waiting for kellsbells

S excited for this! I have a fair amount of nail art stuff to throw in this time. How are we counting those in terms of swappable items? 

Quote: Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  S excited for this! I have a fair amount of nail art stuff to throw in this time. How are we counting those in terms of swappable items? 
I'm obviously not the group leader but if not swapping for other nail art stuff I'd just use common sense. Ask yourself if you think the trade is fair, if the person after you realistically would think the trade was fair, and if a random person would think the trade was fair.  If yes to all those questions just make the swap.  I think we all know around what each of the polishes costs or at least retails for, and I think we all also have some grasp of what nail art stuff costs. 

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm obviously not the group leader but if not swapping for other nail art stuff I'd just use common sense. Ask yourself if you think the trade is fair, if the person after you realistically would think the trade was fair, and if a random person would think the trade was fair.  If yes to all those questions just make the swap.  I think we all know around what each of the polishes costs or at least retails for, and I think we all also have some grasp of what nail art stuff costs.

Yup, this exactly.  Just try for a fair exchange if doing nail art for polish (or vice versa) and it'll be all good.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quick question for y'all- would anyone have any interest/would want it if I put in the box the latest zoya catalog of all their colors (I got 2 in my last zoya order, but only need one to use as my list of which zoyas I have already- I check 'em off on the catalog) or a Julep bag (the little mini black totes that say Julep and beauty is about connection not competition)? 

For polishes in general- yellow and crackles- love, hate, or indifferent? 

We're def heavier on the premium/high end polish side of the box, and Lynda would like it if we keep it pretty equal, so I'm going to make another go through my stash and add in some more drugstore ones too, to make the numbers more equal. (you can never have too much polish, right???
w00t.gif
)

I'm not in this group, but I'd love to have that catalog if no one else is interested. I've never ordered Zoya online, do all their orders come with a catalog?

I don't have any yellows so I definitely might take one if it were there when it is my turn.  I am open to cackles but not crazy for them or anything.  I'd be interested in the Julep bag if it were still there when my turn came but my heart isn't set on it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, this is going to be an amazing box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can't wait to see pics! I'm open to crackles too, i actually don't have any so it would be fun to experiment with one. I think eveything you mentioned would be great additions to the box. Also, what do you guys think about SpaRitual polish? High end or low/mid end?

Bluelion- I honestly can't remember if there is a new catalog in the zoya box every time or not (when ordering online)- I don't think so... but not 100% sure. But if no one else in the east coast group needs it, I'm happy to send it off to you. I find it really helpful to keep me from accidentally buying the same zoya twice!! I have so many, that it's easy to forget their names
icon_redface.gif

thanks for the feedback ladies, I'll be happy to add in all that were previously mentioned to the box too!  And funny you should mention SpaRitual, I actually have one ready for the box

pssst if you're curious......

it's Emerald City
I've assumed high end, solely based on price- it's $12 a bottle, so that's high end polish to me imho. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm not a big fan of crackles and I have a truckton of yellow but I'm sure there'll be so much in the box, adding some crackles and yellows won't make anyone unhappy!

And Spa Ritual is definitely high end.

I'm down for crackles. And I get ya on the nail art stuff. That's what I was thinking but just wanted to check with the group first.

Alright ladies, based on the tracking from Lynda- the polishes won't be here till Tues (Nov 12). the downside to living all the way on the opposite coast (shakes a tiny fist at Bluelion who got hers already!
wink.gif
). But I'm going to use the time to finish typing up the rest of the polishes I added in, so everything will be ready to go asap out as soon as Lynda's comes in.   Now in the meantime while we're all waiting, would you like me to post a picture of the polishes I have now (in a spoiler box of course) or would you rather wait till I have everything and post a picture right before I'm mailing it out?  Or do you want to be completely surprised and not have a pic up til DonnaD receives it?

let me know!

Latest posts

Back