Sign in to follow this  
xlisaa

Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Has anyone here who has tried the Naked 3 palette also tried the LORAC Unzipped palette? I was playing with my Unzipped palette today and I feel like a lot of the colors in it swatch similarly to the swatch photos I have seen of Naked 3.  Help! Lol, I am trying to decide if I want to get it or not and a major deciding factor is whether or not I already have similar shades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecardigan View Post

I got my Naked 3 palette and my Blitz bag in the mail today.  I put it in my husband's office, unopened, so he can wrap it for Christmas.  It's two rooms away from me and I want it noooow. 

I'm in the same boat...but I've had mine sitting in the house since before Thanksgiving!  I bought 2...one for me and one for my teen daughter for Christmas (which means I have to wait to get mine as a Christmas present too.  I did open ours though...I wanted to make sure they were both undamaged.  I wouldn't want my daughter to excitedly open hers up Christmas morning only to find it busted up or defective.  They were both ok.  Phew!  I repacked them and haven't touched them since, but its sooooo hard! lol

Well, Sephora.com now lists Naked 3 as 'permanently out of stock'. Hmmm, wonder what that really means? I doubt it's really permanent.

I am excited I got mine while they still had them, considering I wanted to wait until January! And I receive my palette tomorrow after work, YAY!!!!

Haha, I know I'm going to be afraid to start playing, so I might have to stop by Ulta and do some swatching on the tester there. Mwahhhahaa!!!

I think the first Naked is a little too dark for pale skinned ladies, unless you like your eyeshadow on the dark side. There are great colors in it, and some of them are light, but most of them are medium to dark. Naked 2 has a bit more variety. I love Naked 3 best, because the rosey colors look best on me, and I need my colors to be mostly light and mid-tones, with only a few darks. It really bothers me to be hitting pan in three shadows, and barely touching the rest, in a palette. I also like that it is almost entirely glitter-free. I can't pull off the glitter, usually. It gets all over my face, and makes me look like I have been up all night partying. I put the light colors all over the lid, and use a medium for the crease. I only use the darker colors a little bit. I talked to a sales person at Ulta once, who had pretty medium tanned skin. She loved original Naked best, and a color she pointed out as her go-to lid color, was a color that is too dark for me to use as a crease color. lol But it seems to be popular with a lot of people. If you wear pinks well, then go Naked 3! If you'd rather have a variety, I'd say, Naked 2. Just my two cents. ;)
Very helpful! I don't own any Naked palettes, but I have been pondering where to start. Thank you!

I've been playing with my Naked 3 today and noticed something off. For those who also have N3, does Dust feel a bit...chunky to you? Like MAC Pigment kind of chunky. And that it doesn't apply evenly or stick very well.

I've been playing with my Naked 3 today and noticed something off. For those who also have N3, does Dust feel a bit...chunky to you? Like MAC Pigment kind of chunky. And that it doesn't apply evenly or stick very well.
Mine still hasn't arrived. Le cry! But I have read on several blogs that people are experiencing that with Dust. Seems UD really rushed this palette, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalgi View Post

Mine still hasn't arrived. Le cry! But I have read on several blogs that people are experiencing that with Dust. Seems UD really rushed this palette, actually.

I see. I'm not the only one. The other colors are very nice and I love each one, but Dust is just bad. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea97 View Post

I'm in the same boat...but I've had mine sitting in the house since before Thanksgiving!  I bought 2...one for me and one for my teen daughter for Christmas (which means I have to wait to get mine as a Christmas present too.  I did open ours though...I wanted to make sure they were both undamaged.  I wouldn't want my daughter to excitedly open hers up Christmas morning only to find it busted up or defective.  They were both ok.  Phew!  I repacked them and haven't touched them since, but its sooooo hard! lol

Don't tempt me! :-) Good job waiting so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastofthesun View Post

Well, Sephora.com now lists Naked 3 as 'permanently out of stock'. Hmmm, wonder what that really means? I doubt it's really permanent.

I am excited I got mine while they still had them, considering I wanted to wait until January! And I receive my palette tomorrow after work, YAY!!!!

Haha, I know I'm going to be afraid to start playing, so I might have to stop by Ulta and do some swatching on the tester there. Mwahhhahaa!!!

that's interesting.... i went to my local sephora today to check out the scene as they have UD makeup artists there...   cookies and drinks...  with the purchase of Naked 3 you also get a UD nail polish as a gift.....   I got the color "Vice"....  

that particular sephora, SF Union St..   was EMPTY...   with LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of Naked 3 stacked all over the stands...  yet including me and my husband i saw only 3 other customers....

if anyone live in SF and want to get Naked 3 I'd say try calling the sephora on Union St. 

This. So I went into Sephora last night, and tested the naked3 there and the colours are nothing like what were in my palette. These were buttery and great, dust did not actually turn to dust in the Sephora palette. The colours were much easier to use and the palette looked much better put together, not like some knockoff like mine did. I was so mad I almost screamed. Instead I went and got an OCC Black Metal Dahlia and that definitely made me feel like a winner lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deareux View Post

Every review I've read says Dust is a dud.

Ulta took their time shipping mine, looks like I won't get it until Friday at the earliest. There's a store two miles away, I'm thinking of being late to work and heading down there.

Quote:

Dust is very very sheer and kind of has a fluffy texture. I really like it, because I can put it over a matte color, or a satin, and make it shimmery. I like being able to make just part of my eyelid shimmer, and all the same color, but different finishes, if that makes sense. I've also liked using it over the Sin primer sample that came with the palette. But, I wouldn't just wear it by itself, and it does fluff around when I am using it. Thankfully it is pretty subtle, so it's not like when Sidecar rains glitter all over my face.

A little OT, by Sidecar is the biggest Naked tragedy, IMO, because if it didn't have the glitter, it would be a HG color for me. Not even a stiff brush, trying to knock off the glitter, waiting ten minutes and wiping my face, seems to cure the glitter fallout phenomenon. Hours later, it is still raining glitter. My friend told me that the glitter made me look tired. :(  Liar is the apology for Sidecar. Same value, same finish, slightly pinker tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko View Post

This. So I went into Sephora last night, and tested the naked3 there and the colours are nothing like what were in my palette. These were buttery and great, dust did not actually turn to dust in the Sephora palette. The colours were much easier to use and the palette looked much better put together, not like some knockoff like mine did. I was so mad I almost screamed. Instead I went and got an OCC Black Metal Dahlia and that definitely made me feel like a winner lol.

That sucks! It does explain why I love mine so much, and you hated yours so passionately. Sad, though.

• Like 1

Just went to Sephora this morning & got 2 Naked 3 palettes using 2 $15 off.  One was mine & one my daughter's.  The 2 from UD are being sent back...they were both unused (we're actually getting them for christmas).  I couldn't pass up saving $30 on the palettes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonittude View Post

Dust is very very sheer and kind of has a fluffy texture. I really like it, because I can put it over a matte color, or a satin, and make it shimmery. I like being able to make just part of my eyelid shimmer, and all the same color, but different finishes, if that makes sense. I've also liked using it over the Sin primer sample that came with the palette. But, I wouldn't just wear it by itself, and it does fluff around when I am using it. Thankfully it is pretty subtle, so it's not like when Sidecar rains glitter all over my face.

A little OT, by Sidecar is the biggest Naked tragedy, IMO, because if it didn't have the glitter, it would be a HG color for me. Not even a stiff brush, trying to knock off the glitter, waiting ten minutes and wiping my face, seems to cure the glitter fallout phenomenon. Hours later, it is still raining glitter. My friend told me that the glitter made me look tired. :(  Liar is the apology for Sidecar. Same value, same finish, slightly pinker tone.

That sucks! It does explain why I love mine so much, and you hated yours so passionately. Sad, though.

Sidecar is the first color I hit pan on in naked, and liar or mugshot will prob be first in N3. I don't notice glitter around my eyes but I love the color of sidecar so much, I probably wouldn't care. 

• Like 1

Played with N3 todayyy, I lurve it! Yes, I had glitter on my face and used a zillion of the colors but I can't wait to try out more. Sidebar, Blackheart is far darker than I expected with one swipe of the pan. Holy panda eyes until I covered it haha. 

Quote:

This makes me happy that I bought mine at Sephora and am sending the UD one's back.  That and the `$30 I saved.

I bought mine from Sephora online. I was so excited to get it! Then I opened it and saw that there were two pans of "nooner". One was in place of "liar". So bummed. I asked if I could exchange it and instead they just gave me a refund. Well, ok, but now If I want the complete palette I have to buy another one because it seems that "liar" is not available as a single. Lame. I don't really want two of the palettes. 

I bought mine from Sephora online. I was so excited to get it! Then I opened it and saw that there were two pans of "nooner". One was in place of "liar". So bummed. I asked if I could exchange it and instead they just gave me a refund. Well, ok, but now If I want the complete palette I have to buy another one because it seems that "liar" is not available as a single. Lame. I don't really want two of the palettes. 
Maybe you could exchange it at a physical Sephora store? Or pick up another and give the defective one to someone you know who wouldn't mind two of that colour.

Quote:

Maybe you could exchange it at a physical Sephora store? Or pick up another and give the defective one to someone you know who wouldn't mind two of that colour.

I'm going to see if they have it in my nearest store tomorrow. They already refunded me, so I can't exchange. You are right, my niece would probably love this, even with the dupe.

I'm so torn about whether or not I'm going to purchase this palette.  I have Naked and Naked Basics.  And I just bought the Laura Mercier 2013 Artist palette which is all pinks, purples, and browns. I went to my Sephora to swatch all the colors.  I'm in love with all the darker shades and the matte shades.  I'm just not sure I loooooove the lighter shades.  And I've still got my $20 VIB card.  What to do, what to do.... 

I'm so torn about whether or not I'm going to purchase this palette.  I have Naked and Naked Basics.  And I just bought the Laura Mercier 2013 Artist palette which is all pinks, purples, and browns. I went to my Sephora to swatch all the colors.  I'm in love with all the darker shades and the matte shades.  I'm just not sure I loooooove the lighter shades.  And I've still got my $20 VIB card.  What to do, what to do.... 
I got naked 3 and the Laura mercier 2013 artist palette and after using the LM it's a return back to sephora sadly. The LM just takes so much work for the colors to show on my eyes; the lights r not light enough to show on my Asian skin the darks r way too dark. the only color that I liked was African violet yet even that color is too muted/muddy on my skin.... I am saving naked 3 for Xmas I had the makeup artist put it on my eyes it's so purty!!! I think naked 3 will work out better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat46 View Post

You have to get Liar. It is the best color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonittude View Post

You have to get Liar. It is the best color.

I'm going to have to find a dupe :(

Quote:

So I decided to do a little experiment today and have another go at the palette, because you know, I'm obsessive like that, and I wanted better pics for my blog post. I decided to swatch the colours again with a different brush cause I've found that can sometimes make a difference. Instead of the brush that came with it, I used my trusty BH Cosmetics flat brush and it worked way better at picking up the shadows. That being said, most of these swatches are at least four swipes of the brush to build up the colours, particularly the matte shades. I think that I've realised what the difference is too. The matte shades are seriously lost on me, I mean no way, no how are they gonna show up. The shimmer shades show up much better, usually with only two swipes, except for Dust, which is basically, dust. Am I going to keep the palette? Still no because I'm just not wowed by it, it's just nothing spectacular about it as far as I'm concerned. Truly happy for all the ladies that love their palettes, but to me it's just ok. The first is natural light indoors, the second is with flash.

That is SO GORGEOUS on your skin tone. I'm superrr pale, but I love this palette! especially Blackheart, I thought it would be like a blackish shade I would never use, then I get it and it looks like purple glitter...so far I've only used it as liner on the top lid, since I don't normally do dark shades.