Sign in to follow this  
xlisaa

Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Hmmmm, I have naked 2 and fair complexion and love it, should I get naked 3? Also I hate the brush it comes with, it doesnt go on well, and it's not very pigmented, so I use my finger and it goes on so much better, I know that's awful to do, is there a brush you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotonetiff View Post

Hmmmm, I have naked 2 and fair complexion and love it, should I get naked 3? Also I hate the brush it comes with, it doesnt go on well, and it's not very pigmented, so I use my finger and it goes on so much better, I know that's awful to do, is there a brush you recommend?

I love the Real Techniques shader brush (and the 5-piece eye set) and the Sonia Kashuk shader brush for my Naked palettes.  The brushes included in the palette are great for concealer, but not for eyeshadow.

I am the wrong person to ask if you should get any sort of UD Naked palette; I will always answer with a resounding YES! :icon_chee

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecardigan View Post

I love the Real Techniques shader brush (and the 5-piece eye set) and the Sonia Kashuk shader brush for my Naked palettes.  The brushes included in the palette are great for concealer, but not for eyeshadow.

I am the wrong person to ask if you should get any sort of UD Naked palette; I will always answer with a resounding YES! :icon_chee

Haha, I agree with @coffeecardigan! I'd say yes too! @twotonetiff does your fair complexion have pink undertones or yellow? The Naked 3 is beautiful on pink toned complexions! coffeecardigan also make an excellent brush choice, I love using the Real Techniques shader brush. I like using a mix of applying with the brush first, then if I want more pigmentation, I'll add more with my fingertips. I always finish it up with a setting spray that way the pigmentation lasts longer since I'm applying it a bit more thickly than usual with that method.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Wait.. Why isn't the brush good for eyeshadow?:icon_redf
For me, I find that it causes more fallout and that the shadow doesn't stick well to the brush. It's just... plastic-y imo. I sometimes use it to pat eyeshadow on, but I also think it's better to use a different brush. As far as the hype with UD palettes? I don't get it either. I LOVE my Naked3 but my Naked1 usually just sits there. The quality is decent for the price. The colours offer a lot of variation. If someone isn't interested in those kinds of looks then they should pass. Personally, I think there are better eyeshadows than UDs but it's worth it.

Quote:

the Naked 3 brush is different from the Naked 1/2; I've been LOVING it :) elf $1 shadow brushes works well; there are also other brushes by real techniques, sigma, and sedona lace that works really well

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea97 View Post

I got both the Naked 1 and Naked 3 (never owned a Naked palette and now I have two!) for Christmas.  I've been wearing nothing but those two palettes since I got them.  I love them!  I thought Naked 3 would be my favorite palette, but the original Naked is.  Naked 3 is a close second and I'm really happy I got it. For years I had searched for decent pink eyeshadow...they all wound up looking pearly white or silver on my lids.  Or they were crazy bright.  Naked 3 actually has pink eyeshadows that look pink when you're wearing them and not just in the pan.

Did I say that?  Lol.  I think I have to retract that statement.  The more I use Naked 3 the more I love it.  It is my all time favorite palette.  All the colors are soooo beautiful and work well with my blonde hair, blue eyes, and light skintone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea97 View Post

Did I say that?  Lol.  I think I have to retract that statement.  The more I use Naked 3 the more I love it.  It is my all time favorite palette.  All the colors are soooo beautiful and work well with my blonde hair, blue eyes, and light skintone.

Awesome! Good to hear! yay.gif