Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. Worth it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So much hype surrounding this product; beautiful packaging, skin-refining, photoluminescent technology, multidimensional luminescence, etc.  Is it true?

After biting the bullet and purchasing the limited edition palette online, I discovered negative reviews on the product, comparing it to Wet N Wild's "Reserve Your Cabana."  For those of you who have tried it, what's your opinion?

I've read many great reviews for it...i think if there's that much hype there must be something to it...i caved as well...i get mine tomorrow so i will have to test it out to give it a review but im super hyped on it

i swatched it instore the other day and it feeels amazing so we shall see.

I got to swatch it the other day when I was at Sephora. It feels very nice. Not sure if I'm going to get it though. I don't really have a need for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by imelysa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've read many great reviews for it...i think if there's that much hype there must be something to it...i caved as well...i get mine tomorrow so i will have to test it out to give it a review but im super hyped on it

i swatched it instore the other day and it feeels amazing so we shall see.

I think that hype can hurt a genuinely amazing product.  I'm glad it felt amazing to you in the store.  Let us know how you like the product when you get it! 

I'm also a little confused in regards to how and when to use it... Is it a last step product?  After foundation?  Before blush?  I'm a powder newbie.

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that hype can hurt a genuinely amazing product.  I'm glad it felt amazing to you in the store.  Let us know how you like the product when you get it! 

I'm also a little confused in regards to how and when to use it... Is it a last step product?  After foundation?  Before blush?  I'm a powder newbie.
i think depending on your shade, one is for all over the face...one is more of a highlighter and the other is a bronzer/contour colour.....i think its kind of like a "photoshop" effect on your pores and skin. its so finely milled that it gives your face that blurrr effect haha well thats what i have read. i definitely think its after foundation. to set/highlight/contour

basically its just another product we probably dont really need hahahah

Quote: Originally Posted by imelysa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i think depending on your shade, one is for all over the face...one is more of a highlighter and the other is a bronzer/contour colour.....i think its kind of like a "photoshop" effect on your pores and skin. its so finely milled that it gives your face that blurrr effect haha well thats what i have read. i definitely think its after foundation. to set/highlight/contour

basically its just another product we probably dont really need hahahah

True that.  I just couldn't resist!  I actually have Dim Light in the mail too, which I ordered before the palette came back in stock.  I'll just return that one!

so i received my palette yesterday and tried it out today

day 1 impression is its fabuloussssss! i dont know if its a combo of all my new products but my makeup stuck all day and looked flawless, moreso then it has in the last few months

I used Hourglass mineral veil primer, NARS sheer glow foundation & NARS creamy concealer, then sealed it all with all 3 hourglass ambient powders as an overall, bronzer, and highlighter...and it looked so nice and not cakey and not greasy. just perfect. so that was day 1 impression, i will continue to throw it on this week and see what i think of it as i wear it more. Is it worth it? or did i just have 1 good makeup day haha

has anyone else received theirs? thoughts?

Back