Julep: Diamond Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All!

This was just announced today so I had to make sure you all knew this awesome deal:

Quote: The Diamond Mystery Box boasts the best value yet. Each box is packed with $120+ worth of gorgeous nail colors and must-have beauty products, including two new diamond glitter top coats.

• Antonia - It Girl: Light pink holographic diamond glitter top coat
  • Geo - Bombshell: Lavender holographic diamond glitter top coat
Plus, one lucky winner will find a pair of sparkly diamond earrings in her box. (1 ct. t.w.)

I believe this limited box is up for grabs until Nov 18th or until it sells out.

http://www.julep.com/diamond-mystery-box.html

Who is getting this?!! I am not a huge nail polish fan but Julep seems to always get my money b/c I really love their products.

Happy shopping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought one.  I hope it has nail polishes that I don't currently have and maybe a beauty product.  I would rather have more nail polish than beauty products though.

The diamond glitter top coats are gorgeous.

I pulled the trigger on this at like 5 AM haha.  I stumbled upon it when poking around online last night and snatched it up.  I'm hoping I'm going to love the colors in the box, even though I know I'm not walking away with a pair of diamond studs haha.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh wow. That's really calling me though I don't know why. Those top coats are decent... Maybe it's the mystery of it! I might go back in a few days and snatch it up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Boots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh wow. That's really calling me though I don't know why. Those top coats are decent... Maybe it's the mystery of it! I might go back in a few days and snatch it up.

I think it's the same reason Woot always sells out of their Bags of Crap.  You never know what's going to be inside it and the thought of getting $120 worth of product for $25 is amazing (despite the fact that, really, the polishes are GORGE, but they're only worth the value that Julep assigns to them and, logically, I know if they're willing to sell "$120 worth of product" for $25, their profit margin is pretty high since no company would take that kind of a loss).

That said, I actually cannot wait for my mystery box, although the fact that I ordered it means that I'll be skipping this month's regular Julep box.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

While we're wondering what is going to be in our bags o' mystique and intrigue, can I ask what people think of Julep's beauty products?  I've only gotten one box (after seeing a friend's Julep collection and swooning) and I haven't done any of the addons, so I've received one of their Crystal nail files (which, really, it's interesting, but it was taking me so long to file my nails with it that I just went back to my old file).  My friend said she is happy when the boxes are just nail stuff because she feels that the cosmetics are subpar, but I don't know if it's just her opinion or if anyone can provide any other info.

I couldn't resist the mystery box, but it IS a mystery and I doubt I'm just going to get like 9 polishes instead of a mixture of products, so I'd kind of like some opinions on the other stuff people have gotten and liked/didn't like.  Sorry if this is a threadjacking (trying to stay on topic, I swear).

I am soooooooooo tempted but think i will pass on this in favor of black Friday sales and a hopefully (cross my fingers) awesome December holiday themed collection.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  While we're wondering what is going to be in our bags o' mystique and intrigue, can I ask what people think of Julep's beauty products?  I've only gotten one box (after seeing a friend's Julep collection and swooning) and I haven't done any of the addons, so I've received one of their Crystal nail files (which, really, it's interesting, but it was taking me so long to file my nails with it that I just went back to my old file).  My friend said she is happy when the boxes are just nail stuff because she feels that the cosmetics are subpar, but I don't know if it's just her opinion or if anyone can provide any other info.

I couldn't resist the mystery box, but it IS a mystery and I doubt I'm just going to get like 9 polishes instead of a mixture of products, so I'd kind of like some opinions on the other stuff people have gotten and liked/didn't like.  Sorry if this is a threadjacking (trying to stay on topic, I swear).

I actually really like their new lip glosses. They smell like vanilla and feel nice on the lips, not sticky at all. I'm also very happy with their lip primer, it does extend the life of my lip sticks when I pair up the two.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually really like their new lip glosses. They smell like vanilla and feel nice on the lips, not sticky at all. I'm also very happy with their lip primer, it does extend the life of my lip sticks when I pair up the two.
Awesome, thank you!!

I've only subbed for two months. They really do give you a lot of stuff. It looks like they send 2 bigger items and a couple of smaller stuff. I unsubscribed because I needed to cut back during the holiday season. They usually have a theme for each box too. Honestly, it's a great sub. I'll resub after the holidays. And your nerdy stuff is awesome!

Oops, I ordered it. I feel like I buy more Julep now that I have canceled my sub, lol! Hoping there are not too many dups since I haven't ordered a box in a while. Can't wait to see what's inside!

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oops, I ordered it. I feel like I buy more Julep now that I have canceled my sub, lol! Hoping there are not too many dups since I haven't ordered a box in a while. Can't wait to see what's inside!
 I know what you mean. I keep telling myself I'll cancel my sub but then there are such good deals in the "secret" section & then this mystery bag comes along x_x

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've only subbed for two months. They really do give you a lot of stuff. It looks like they send 2 bigger items and a couple of smaller stuff. I unsubscribed because I needed to cut back during the holiday season. They usually have a theme for each box too. Honestly, it's a great sub. I'll resub after the holidays.

And your nerdy stuff is awesome!

Thank you so much!  I actually found a LC thread and threw it in there as to not detail, but I really appreciate it.

I have soooooooooooooooooooo many polishes, bu everytime Julep has a new mystery box or sale I am smitten all over again...Julep I wish I knew how to quit you!

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have soooooooooooooooooooo many polishes, bu everytime Julep has a new mystery box or sale I am smitten all over again...Julep I wish I knew how to quit you!

I ordered Julep with the full intention of getting the free box and then canceling (that sounds mean and self-serving, sorry).  I loved the three polishes I received so much that I essentially decided I wasn't going to cancel for at least a couple of months, but that I wouldn't buy any addons.  Then a mystery box happens and I pulled the trigger so quickly.  WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME??!!!  SEND HELP!

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered Julep with the full intention of getting the free box and then canceling (that sounds mean and self-serving, sorry).  I loved the three polishes I received so much that I essentially decided I wasn't going to cancel for at least a couple of months, but that I wouldn't buy any addons.  Then a mystery box happens and I pulled the trigger so quickly.  WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME??!!!  SEND HELP!

Wait till you do your first full upgrade.  I did my first one on the neon collection. Now every month it is a constant struggle not to just go ahead and upgrade fully.  Next thing you know Julep bottles everywhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait till you do your first full upgrade.  I did my first one on the neon collection. Now every month it is a constant struggle not to just go ahead and upgrade fully.  Next thing you know Julep bottles everywhere.

I just keep saying, "skip this month, you have to skip this month, you bought a mystery box, skip this month", but I know it's going to be difficult.  I love polish.

Latest posts

Back