• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread where we would share our Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2013 tips.

Wikipedia:

Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. In recent years, most major retailers have opened extremely early and offered promotional sales to kick off the holiday shopping season. The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving. Use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation was made: that retailers traditionally operated at a financial loss from January through November, and "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or "in the black".

The term Cyber Monday, a neologism invented in 2005 by the National Retail Federation's division Shop.org refers to the Monday immediately following Black Friday based on a trend that retailers began to recognize in 2003 and 2004. Retailers noticed that many consumers, who were too busy to shop over the Thanksgiving weekend or did not find what they were looking for, shopped for bargains online that Monday from home or work.

Since MUT have some of the best shoppers, what better way to pool our resources.  Happy 2013 shopping!!

I am excited as to what Ulta and Sephora will offer. I did not buy anything from last year's. Subbing for updates!

Updates! YAY!! 
laughno.gif

Subbing for updates. Not sure if anything I plan on getting my family will be on sale for black friday but I love scoping out deals anyway!

Subbing for updates.  I have already downloaded Brad's Black Friday app so I can check out all the ads as they come out.  Does anyone know when we will start seeing Cyber Monday deal previews?

Ulta's around my location are opening at 8PM Thanksgiving day until 10PM Black Friday... I don't even want to deal with it because I'd rather spend time with family than rush out for "doorbusters."

For indie loose pigment fans, Geek Chic Cosmetics will be releasing a new set of pigments and some lipsticks for Black Friday! They're also shutting down for two weeks starting this Thursday (the 14th) to get ready for this. And Ninja Polish had a series of specials all weekend last year, but you really needed to get their updates via Twitter because they would be surprise for-the-next-two-hours sorts of things.

Latest posts

Back