Makeup and skin problems

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have suffered with EXTREMELY oily skin for years. I never wore makeup as a teenager but now I have started I have noticed no matter what foundation I use whether its liquid, powder, moouse, for oily skin or not NOTHING stays put.

I admit i never used to look after my skin (gross I know) but now I want to sort this out. I have no longer put the makeup on than 1 hour later its been washed away or soaked up b the oil leaving blotches of foundation and a rather unusual powdery look. Even when putting makeup on if I put it on the tip of my nose it doesnt work, instead it creates a circle where the foundation builds up around the edge because it wont stay on my nose.

I have tried many different foundations and I have determined the problem is my skin. My favoyuite foundation is MAC studio fix fluid, its just the right colour and looks lovely so I want to get this problem sorted. I also use smashbox primer before had for oily skin.

Is there anything i can try? A new skin care routine or products?

Do you have any idea for wedding makeup, I want to know more information about the bride makeup. Thank you!

People swear by Hourglass Mineral Veil as a mattifying primer. Looking into Asian brands could help, too, because their climate is hot and humid and many Asians have oily skin, so their products will likely be really great at staying on your face! (You could try BB creams... I'm not that knowledgeable on Asian makeup products, sorry.)

I don't recommend trying Asian products for oily skin. I lived in Korea for a while, and most Korean women actually use Western brand foundation. I wear Korean BB cream and have for years. My native home is in a dry climate so people can't really tell what I wear. But in a humid climate, CC and BB cream seem to trap the moisture and give your skin a glossy look. It isn't BAD but it isn't the appearance that I think many women want in North America or elsewhere. Even BB creams marketed for oily skin will do this. Have you tried setting you're makeup with an oil controlling powder or tried blotting sheets in your problem areas? You could also try a product from Skin79 - it's a Korean brand and they have several emulsions for "sebum control" which will help your skin produce less oil.

Buy African Black Soap.  I bought some at a local farmer's market because the vendor sold me on it and said it's really good at cleansing, but I had to stop using it after a week because my skin started peeling and felt like dried out leather.  I have really sensitive skin that dries easily so I should have known better and stuck with my gentle soap,  but I would imagine this soap is great for people with oily skin.  I use it for when I get back breakouts sometimes on my period.  Your skin is literally "squeeky" clean afterward.

Mine looks kinda like this and came in a similar container.  It's kind of crumbly you just break off a piece, it lathers up really well too. 

http://www.cleopatraschoice.com/clc-0047.html?utm_source=clc-0047&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=google&gclid=CM7ryYTn9roCFQbl7AodUUoArQ

For me when it comes to makeup it always goes back to the skin care; in order for us to have our makeup to be how we want, we also need our skin as health as it can be. As a Esthetician I have a seen this problem many times, what I would recommend is that you go to a local Esthetic Spa & have the professionals see what they can do to help you. I also would think a chemical peel would help, the one I would think that would be amazing is called a glycolic chemical peel, its used to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that causes the dead skin to slough off and eventually peel off, its amazing for oily skin types. Also I would check out a product line called Control Corrective, they have great products to help balance oily skin types!

I would recommend you try these three

products:

Back