I'm lost!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Soo I put my foundation on with my fingers and I use mascara and that's it. I really wanna get into makeup but I don't even know what all these brushes are for and how to use them.. I need like makeup 101 for dummies

I guess I'll be the person to give you a little 101 on brushes lol.  

Starting with the face brushes their are several different types of brushes to cover anything you could possibly want or need. 

Foundation brush ; The Tightly packed, tapered bristles are designed to achieve a smooth, flawless finish with your foundation. 

Duo fibre stippling brush ; Ideal for buffing and blending color . Provides lightweight build able coverage for liquid, cream, or powder. Great for cream blush. 

Concealer brush ; Used to apply concealer under the eyes and around the face.  

Powder brush ; This soft, rounded brush is ideal for sweeping powder onto the face. Load your brush, tap off any excess product, and apply to the skin.  

Fan brush ; Sweeps a light dusting of powder onto the skin. Great for highlighting the cheekbones or sweeping away any fallout from under the eye.  

Blush brush ; perfect for giving a pop of color to the cheeks. sweep and blend onto cheekbones going into the hairline. 

Contour brush ; used to sculpt the face using any bronzercontour powder of choice.  

And, I'm too tired to continue on with the eye brushes loll.  So yeah, I may be back to do that part but for now i hope that tides you over lol.  Hope this little guide was helpful c: 

Back