Sample Society December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook 

You heard it first: December #SampleSociety boxes will feature Caviar Dry Shampoo from Alterna Haircare.
1455942_611303282238616_1009773730_n.png

Oh, brother...I got this before from one of the zillion boxes I sub to and I was not particularly impressed :sadno:
Really? Bummer. I always look forward to trying new dry shampoos. It doesn't look to be a spray though, which looks like it could be a pain to apply. I really want to try the Amika one that BB sampled.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really? Bummer. I always look forward to trying new dry shampoos. It doesn't look to be a spray though, which looks like it could be a pain to apply. I really want to try the Amika one that BB sampled.
This. a thousand times...THIS. The way it's packaged makes it next to impossible to shake out of the bottle.

Not into dry shampoos... 

I don't know what I want from this box. November's rocked!

Dry shampoo is not my thing either - not very thrilled.

My dashboard indicates they'll start shipping the next box on Dec 11... is it just me, or do they typically ship this late during holiday season? I wasn't sub-ing to SS last year and am wondering.

Sneak peak number 2 is up: "Some #SampleSociety members will be receiving Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant samples in their December boxes."

I still have half of a fairly large sample of this, but I wouldn't complain about a spare. It's a good product, though I find myself forgetting to use it.

After the sneak peaks, decided to cancel for this month. Wish there was a pause option / skip but oh well. I still have that dry shampoo sample from a Blush box months ago :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Klorane is my favorite dry shampoo by far, but this one isn't terrible. It does smell nice. I found the easiest way to apply was to shake some onto my hands, rub my hands together, and run my hands through my hair, paying attention to the roots. Let it sit a minute or two, and then brush it out. I think it would be a frustrating disaster trying to apply this directly to your hair.

My dashboard shows shipping starting December 6 (Friday).  I guess they are a bit backed up from Thanksgiving and whatever Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals they are running.

I'm getting Kit E this month.  Dry shampoo doesn't play nice with my superfine hair, so that's going straight to my trade list.  I like the Dermalogica product, so a win with that.  Will be curious to see what else they have in store for us.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Getting Kit B this month!
Kit twins! Mine says it is scheduled to be delivered on the 6th. Thank you, Sample Society, for shipping at the beginning of the month. I'm excited!

I'm new to this subscription.  How do you tell which kit you are getting? All my Dashboard shows is the notice about shipping starting on Dec. 6.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bethanys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm new to this subscription.  How do you tell which kit you are getting? All my Dashboard shows is the notice about shipping starting on Dec. 6.

Go to My Account > Order History, Status, Returns & Receipts

I'm getting kit B as well. It seems that most people are. I'm excited for the dry shampoo. I have terrible hair that gets oily after an hour after blow drying or air drying, and I have bleached hair so I don't want to wash every day like I used to. Plus, Alterna products are amazing.

Anyone else getting Kit C? It's my first month, so I'm super excited to see what's inside, especially the Alterna Dry Shampoo. I just recently became obsessed with their entire line, it's perfect for my finicky hair. 

Quote: Originally Posted by sandyeggos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone else getting Kit C? It's my first month, so I'm super excited to see what's inside, especially the Alterna Dry Shampoo. I just recently became obsessed with their entire line, it's perfect for my finicky hair. 
I'm getting Kit C also.

Latest posts

Back