Does anyone know of a dupe for Smashbox primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I hear that the Smashbox Photo Finish primer is awesome, but the price is kind crazy. Does anyone know of a dupe I could try that's just as good but like half the price?

Yup. Monistat Anti-Chafing gel is under $5 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Along the same lines, does anyone know of a dupe for Lorac Aquaprime face primer? Price point doesn't matter, it's just that it was discontinued earlier this year.

I agree - the anti-chafing gel is pretty much identical to the original smashbox photo finish. Don't let the Monistat name throw you off. This product has nothing to do with yeast infections. It's meant as a friction reducer, but the ingredients match up with the smashbox. I've had both and they work the same.

I wonder why they discontinued the Aquaprime. 

Quote: Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. Monistat Anti-Chafing gel is under $5
smile.gif

Along the same lines, does anyone know of a dupe for Lorac Aquaprime face primer? Price point doesn't matter, it's just that it was discontinued earlier this year.
ThanksI think Im going to have to try that out. For $5 you really cant go wrong. But I haven't heard of the Lorac primer you mentioned sorry

I have heard about the monistat forever but just recently started using it. I would put this against any department store primer, hands down the most effective I've ever tried. 

Quote: Originally Posted by saycrackagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. Monistat Anti-Chafing gel is under $5
smile.gif

Along the same lines, does anyone know of a dupe for Lorac Aquaprime face primer? Price point doesn't matter, it's just that it was discontinued earlier this year.
I was going to post this! I have heard so much about the Monistat being a great dupe!

Latest posts

Back