How to lose weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

stannyliu

If just eat vegetable, and do not do some sport. Can I lose weight? how to lose weight? 

In theory, you could. I've unintentionally lost weight recently because I ate very little and when I did eat it was vegetables or yogurt. However, I work an active job and tend to jog daily while I do errands. That said, I don't think you'd like the results. I was never overweight, but my appearance is somewhat flabby because I no longer do toning exercises. Eat healthy and have lean proteins, and do some basic exercises. Start out with small repetitions of exercises and work up. If you do this, you'll see changes within a few months. Pushing your body into starvation mode hinders weightloss. A healthy diet with regular exercise makes a cleaner and leaner looking body.

Eating good foods is not a big procedure for loss weight fast. you have to do some exercises, like running and swimming etc.

You can lose weight but It won't be a good and permanent way to loose weight. For that you wnat to find a healthy and balanced (!) diet that you can keep day by day and not hust for a few weeks. Because as soon as you start eating more food again, you will gain all that weight back. It is recommended to do some form of exercise, even if you just go for a longer walk every day, do a few pushups and squats at home, that will make a big difference!

If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.

For instance, if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds

No only eating vegetables can not loss your weight you will  have to do some physically activity just wake up early in the morning do some simple exercise and go for a long walk daily this will reduce your weight faster.

The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. Doing this through exercise and a balanced diet is the best strategy

Quote: Originally Posted by jebeen100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.

For instance, if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds
It is actually strongly recommended that every adult woman, regardless of weight/height, consume AT LEAST 1200 calories a day.  Less than that is not healthy.  The only possible exception to this might be if your own doctor specifically tells you differently, but I have literally NEVER heard of that happening.  Less than 1200 calories a day is essentially going to put your body into starvation mode.

Quote: Originally Posted by stannyliu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If just eat vegetable, and do not do some sport. Can I lose weight? how to lose weight? 
You need to eat more than vegetables. For example, where do you get protein? Meat, fish, tofu, eggs, etc. are all good sources. Protein will help your body firm up and build muscle instead of fat.

As for losing weight when you don't do any sports, you definitely should try some! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Work out at home or join a local sports team.

i think workout is more important thing to loss weight fast. i following that procedure.

I think you need to start counting calories - at least at first...it can be shocking how many youre eating if youre not paying attention or picking here and there...it helped me a ton!

Eat a high protein, low carbohydrate diet for at least two weeks. 20 grams of Carbohydrates a day. Do not go over or under. If you are a vegetarian (like myself) eat Black Soybean Tofu for protein.

Drink at least 4 water bottles (or 8 glasses) of water a day. Increase depending on the type of activity you do. Always drink water when working out. To increase energy have a low carbohydrate/zero calorie energy drink. Black coffee with Stevia also works.

Workout at least 5 days a week for 45 minutes a day. Incorporate cross training before strength training. Increase at your leisure.

Instead of driving, ride a bike or walk.

Do at least 15-30 minutes of Yoga everyday day.

Do a lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and grade B maple syrup detox for 2 days after the 2 weeks is up.

In due time, you will see dramatic results.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Eat a high protein, low carbohydrate diet for at least two weeks. 20 grams of Carbohydrates a day. Do not go over or under. If you are a vegetarian (like myself) eat Black Soybean Tofu for protein.

Drink at least 4 water bottles (or 8 glasses) of water a day. Increase depending on the type of activity you do. Always drink water when working out. To increase energy have a low carbohydrate/zero calorie energy drink. Black coffee with Stevia also works.

Workout at least 5 days a week for 45 minutes a day. Incorporate cross training before strength training. Increase at your leisure.

Instead of driving, ride a bike or walk.

Do at least 15-30 minutes of Yoga everyday day.

Do a lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and grade B maple syrup detox for 2 days after the 2 weeks is up.

In due time, you will see dramatic results.
You can't sustain the energy to workout 45 minutes a day on 20g of carbs. It's not safe or healthy. You'll lose weight..for sure but it will not be the right kind of weight. (You'll burn your muscle before your body ever starts to burn fat.) You need a BALANCED diet of fat, protein, fiber and yes, CARBS. There are different types of carbs as well. Fiber, sugar and active carbs to name a few. Your body uses all of them for something. Weight loss is a simple scientific algorithm. If you want to lose weight correctly and have long-term weight loss you will need to consume 500 calories less than your basal metabolic rate which can be calculated here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ 
Do at least 30 minutes of exercise and day to burn off extra calories and that's it. You'll lose a pound a week, which is HEALTHY and sustainable.

I just joined Weight Watchers again (did it in high school, but that was 10 years ago).  Following a Simple Start plan for two weeks and focusing on (very) lean meats, fat free dairy, and lots of fruits and vegetables.  What I like about it is that I feel like I'm eating real foods and not starving. I'm only on day 3 though!  Wish me luck!

You can't sustain the energy to workout 45 minutes a day on 20g of carbs. It's not safe or healthy. You'll lose weight..for sure but it will not be the right kind of weight. (You'll burn your muscle before your body ever starts to burn fat.) You need a BALANCED diet of fat, protein, fiber and yes, CARBS. There are different types of carbs as well. Fiber, sugar and active carbs to name a few. Your body uses all of them for something. Weight loss is a simple scientific algorithm. If you want to lose weight correctly and have long-term weight loss you will need to consume 500 calories less than your basal metabolic rate which can be calculated here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/  Do at least 30 minutes of exercise and day to burn off extra calories and that's it. You'll lose a pound a week, which is HEALTHY and sustainable.  
You can sustain the energy to work out for more than 45 minutes a day eating 20 grams of carbs. I did it for months. I built muscle mass and lost weight. In fact I was doing both cardiovascular and weight training while eating 20 grams of carbs.

You can try weight loss tips and Its definitely help you out..

- Vitamins are good for you. If you’re going to take any pills, let them be natural supplements (like Essential Fatty Acids or multivitamins). Be careful about overdoing it, though – especially with herbal remedies. Too much of anything is a bad thing. You can consult a nutritionist, but always buy on your own – and keep these supplements to a minimum. Remember, too, that specific vitamins are no good without specific minerals.

- Know your daily calorie limit. When I was in the process of losing weight, it was suggested that I stay under 1700 calories a day. Knowing that number was half the battle. I could eat anything I wanted throughout the day, so long as I would stay at or beneath that number. While I couldn’t track 100% of the items I ate, I was able to make intake estimates – and adjust my schedule and ration my remaining calories accordingly. In this sense, you’re given extreme freedom – so long as you stay at or beneath that suggested calorie level for your plan. If you don’t know how much you’re supposed to take in, how are you supposed to know how much you’re supposed to take in?! Sounds redundant, but it’s a situation that many “dieters†are in (which is why they fail)!

- Fiber good. When you start to lose fat, you’re probably going to get constipated. Yeah, it happens more frequently than we care to admit (or share). You should have a good amount of fiber every day, anyway. Fiber is very important to your health (and your weight loss goals). Try the Metamucil snack wafers for a quick fiber infusion. Then, magnesium citrate for those… “stuck†moments, in which you’ll find yourself from time to time. Stick a bottle or two of that in your fridge for safe keeping, and don’t plan on going anywhere for 24 hours after taking a dose (trust me, trust me, trust me).

There is no straight answer if you can lose weight by eating just vegetables and not doing any sports, because every individual is different in their metabolism factor.

Some people can easily lose their weight by reducing their meals for couple of days, while others been going to gym everyday, eat as little as possible but the scale just won't move to the left.

I would suggest that you do what you think is best for you for a week than you analyze it. if you're losing weight than is good. but if not it's time to try something new.

Few things you can try

- eat 6 times a day (small portion, low cal). 

- try to zig zag your exercise. doing the same routine for a long period makes your body get used to it, therefore calories burnt will get less and less.

for more info you could check in here

Anyone with health problems specially overweight or underweight can get help by eating clean and some workout.

I've read stuff in the news that says if you have to pick between diet and exercise, dieting helps people lose more weight over exercise. But you need to eat the right foods and less of them. For me the biggest hurdle was being tired all the time. Too tired to meal plan, too tired to exercise, etc.

After watching a couple Dr. Oz shows I realized I wasn't getting enough Magnesium and I was drinking too much caffeine, which lowers Magnesium. Magnesium is really important for the body, it has really helped my energy and given me the energy I need while dieting to workout everyday. I get on my treadmill for an hour while watching TV shows on Netflix and shred over 430 calories per hour at the maximum incline. I HATE running, so walking at a high incline that increases my heart rate is way more doable for me. 

Also I cut out dairy, carbs (just the wheat kind -- I eat plenty of good carbs like veggies), just focusing on high protein and high magnesium foods. Lots of water. I really like to drink my foods, so I make smoothies a lot. And I have Chia Seeds because they are super foods that keep you really full. And I have to have bananas everyday or I get a weird eye twitch.

Also I have realized that my fat intake effects my weight loss efforts. When I really watch my fat, whether good (coconut oil) or bad, I lose weight faster. 

Also, I am a shy person but the Magnesium has made me more social and positive and in a better mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back