Birchbox Man December 2013 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about this box? I just ordered my boyfriend one today, and I'm hoping I'm not too late and he still gets the December box!

Oh this doesn't look too bad! I hope my boyfriend gets the boxer briefs, watch or bowtie! 

Quote: Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh this doesn't look too bad! I hope my boyfriend gets the boxer briefs, watch or bowtie! 
But it's not a watch! It's a bracelet to look like a watch!  If my husband gets that, I will be mad... he would never wear it in a million years.

OMG.... the lifestyle products in this group of boxes are the worst I have ever seen, and my husband has received 16 boxes. Seriously a rubber fake watch bracelet priced at $40??? You have to be kidding me, that is a gumball machine prize. And a BOWTIE? Not only would my husband never wear this but bowties are the cheesiest thing ever in my opinion, I haven't seen a single professional person to date ever pull one off. Hopefully he will not receive that since he gave the Knottery Tie a negative review last year.

He already received the MeUndies, and the Benjo laces so those boxes are ruled out. And he received a candle in his November Box so hopefully he wouldn't get another one this month. I am hoping he receives the box with the bottle opener because that is the only thing he will not throw in the trash.

So disappointing BBoxMan

Quote: Originally Posted by dotybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  But it's not a watch! It's a bracelet to look like a watch!  If my husband gets that, I will be mad... he would never wear it in a million years.
Oh that's so lame! Never mind then!!! 

Please no bowtie...he has never worn one....and stop sending him shaving cream...he does not shave!!!!!

I want him to get a box but I feel like i am wasting money every month with this one...any other suggestions?

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Please no bowtie...he has never worn one....and stop sending him shaving cream...he does not shave!!!!!

I want him to get a box but I feel like i am wasting money every month with this one...any other suggestions?
Grrrrr. I am with you all. My bf received the candle last month so I doubt we will get another one. The beanie or socks would be great! I would even bet he would be happy with laces or a bowtie for fun goofy costume idea. BUT A FAKE WATCH?????????????????? Really??????????????? $40???????????????? OMG BB Man you are crazy to think men would want a reason to start wearing plastic bracelets. If he gets this I will be so mad!!!

I think there is up to 25 variations. Definitely don't want the felt wallet, apron, or watch bracelet. He'd be OK with a candle, but I think he'd like underwear, the bowtie, socks or the beanie! I can't wait until the showrooms go up! 

My bf wears bowties, he loves them.  He got a space invader print bow-tie from his Loot Crate subscription and he wore it to a wedding recently (the groom LOVED it).  The print was small so if you didn't look close you wouldn't know that it was mini space invaders. 

Anyway, the plastic watch/bracelet is goofy, will probably eBay it if we end up with it.  The boxes with the knit caps, boxers and socks are generally ok.  This is my last month with the men's box though, I bought my boyfriend three boxes to try it out and see if he liked it. 

He likes moisturizers and the candle he got, he also got a really nice undershirt, but he hates hair products and since he isn't shaving for Movember he doesn't really use the shave stuff or the colognes. 

I ended up using the hair product he got, he hates anything that makes his hair feel "dirty"  He doesn't get that we ladies make our hair feel that way on purpose for body and hold. HA!

According to the bb app the men's box pages will update on Monday.
Oh I can't wait that long! I'm more excited about his box than my own! Probably because this is his first one and I want him to love birchbox as much as I do!

Quote: Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I can't wait that long! I'm more excited about his box than my own! Probably because this is his first one and I want him to love birchbox as much as I do!
I was really hoping they'd move their dates up because of the holiday and black Friday.  I am always more excited to see what's in my husband's box because there's always more things that we'd hate than in the women's box.  I just went through the 25 boxes and there's 15 he can still get.  At least half of those have the rubber bracelet and the bow tie (which will end up in my girls dress up closet).

I like some of the lifestyle items. I wouldn't mind if my bf got a bow tie. He's adventurous when it comes to fashion, so I'll know he'll at least try to see if he can make it work. But, yeah, the fake Rolex watch thing? Dumb.

Of the boxes they have online so far, 5 out of 14 boxes my husband could get contain the fake watch :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm REALLY hoping he doesn't get it, but I tend to have bad luck with his lifestyle extras even though his style profile is totally accurate.

I'm sooooo glad I didn't buy my hubby a gift subscription to Birchbox Man. He would be peeved that I spent money on this. What a joke!

Out of the 8 months that we've had Birchbox Man, only one month was the lifestyle item a waste (it was a passport holder and an LA guide book).  My husband doesn't travel but my Dad does so he's getting it for Christmas.  He always loves the samples.  My problem with the bowtie and fake watch is that those are gifts I couldn't even give to someone else. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm hoping the boxes update soon.  I thought from the app it would be today.

Latest posts

Back