Birchbox Limited Edition: Precious Metals (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see a topic for it, even though I know there's talk of it in the BB November thread so I figured I'd start one. Just got an email about it, I probably won't be buying because the price point is too high - $120. Looks nice though! 

It's a nice box, but I wouldn't use most of the items in it, so I'll be passing on this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's a nice box, but I wouldn't use most of the items in it, so I'll be passing on this one.
Agreed.  Although I will give EXTREMELY high points to that Tweezerman Eyelash Curler.  It's my absolute favorite. 

I was trying to talk myself INTO buying this one, but I just don't have enough people to gift some of these things to.

I got one. I used the MOBILE20 code and ten of my points and then threw in a mystery pack as well for a grand total of $86. I am really excited about the necklace, the earbuds and the makeup bag. I don't know what it is about the makeup bags, I am obsessed!

The price point of the box is high, but everything in it is ridiculously nice, and stuff I would use! I almost want to ask for it for Christmas.

I want this one like crazy (I have been wanting a bar necklace for ages), and everything in it is perfect for me! That price though. I have a little birthday money left over, but I plan to get my kitties a giant cat tree... Cats or Birchbox, cats or Birchbox, hmmmmmm... =)

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This one is not for me. The only things I would want are the nail polish and the tea, and I can get similar ones for way cheaper. And $99 earbuds? WTH?
LOL those earbuds...I saw them on the BB site a few weeks ago and was like "AAAAHHHH SO PRETTY" and then looked at the price tag and kind of laughed it off. But I'm happy to pay the amount I did to get those plus several other items I will use. (I've been looking for new headphones lately though so maybe that also affected my decision.)

I said WTF when I saw the earbuds, but then it also said they have a lifetime warranty, which is enticing for me considering every pair I've ever had crapped out shortly.

I want this one like crazy (I have been wanting a bar necklace for ages), and everything in it is perfect for me! That price though. I have a little birthday money left over, but I plan to get my kitties a giant cat tree... Cats or Birchbox, cats or Birchbox, hmmmmmm... =)
as a huge cat lover (in case you cant tell from my photo) I have to vote for cat tree :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Birchbox uploaded a video opening of this box. A comment will enter you into a drawing to win one.

0.jpg

I got it with 20% (mobile20) and 400 pts ($40). I know I don't need any of these but they are just super luxe gifts that I will use myself and I had just started a new job. Can't wait to get the box itself.

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I do like those earbuds, though I couldn't pay $99 for them! So pretty though!

I like them too, but I just realized that these kind of earbuds don't stay in my ear. I need the in ear ones. Bummer. Now I'm not sure if it would be worth getting this box...

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like them too, but I just realized that these kind of earbuds don't stay in my ear. I need the in ear ones. Bummer. Now I'm not sure if it would be worth getting this box...
Give the ear buds as a gift? Personally the box is a bit steep for me, but it is super cool and very enticing. If you like everything else, though, I think it's worth it! 

I think the earbuds make up most of the cost for the box. I would be interested in a box without the earbuds. The earbuds would have to be able to beat my Bose headset in order for me to consider it.

Mine gets delivered today!! I splurged because I'll probably sell the headphones on Ebay.  I love them so much, but I can't have expensive headphones for the same reason I can't have expensive sunglasses.  I break and misplace them.  According to Ebay, these are selling for around $50.  I bought the box with 20% off and 200 points, so around $80.  I also got a pick two.  If I sell the headphones, I think the box is worth $40.

I'm also iffy on the CR eyeshadow palette -- I think I'm usually allergic to the red dye in purple eye shadows and don't love pinky shadows on me. I'll have to wait to see how it's reviewed before I decide. That might get sold as well. Truthfully, I only cared about the necklace, lash curler, and tea. But again, if I sell the rest, the box is reallllly cheap.

I'm thinking about getting it. With the mobile20 code and my $40 in points it will only be $56. Plus a mystery pack.... It's pretty tempting.

Latest posts

Back