foundation for super oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need suggestions on a medium to full coverage foundation for super oily skin I always use primer and powder but my face still looks like an oil slick within a few hours. Tryed numerous drugstore brands. Just looking for something that I'll stay on longer than 2 or 3 hours.

It's not drugstore, but now that I've tried Hourglass Matte Foundation to Powder shizz (name may be slightly different but Sephora carries it), I'm gonna be a fan for awhile! It rocks.

Maybelline FitMe!!! I have super oily skin and this stuff lasts me all day, and I live in a very humid area. Its one of the few things I've stuck with because it works and feels light on my skin.

It's not drugstore, but now that I've tried Hourglass Matte Foundation to Powder shizz (name may be slightly different but Sephora carries it), I'm gonna be a fan for awhile! It rocks.
I 'll definitely look in to that. Thanks.

Maybelline FitMe!!! I have super oily skin and this stuff lasts me all day, and I live in a very humid area. Its one of the few things I've stuck with because it works and feels light on my skin.
unfortunately I've tried that and it doesn't work too well for me.

unfortunately I've tried that and it doesn't work too well for me.
Interesting. The only other thing that has come close for me is missha BB cream, but it felt super heavy on my face and took all the color out of my skin. Might be worth trying out though

Hi! My face gets super oily as well. The only foundation that has consistently prevented me from getting oily is the Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation. I work 12 hr shifts and it actually stunned me how well it held up when I first used it that long. It doesn't break me out (a huge plus for me) and I don't get dry skin from it. I use that when I go for a medium to full coverage.

If I'm going for a light to medium coverage, I go for a BB cream and powder (MUFE HD microfinish powder). I'm sure it's the powder in this routine that prevents me from getting oily. I don't last as long as when I use the Hourglass foundation but it holds up for at least a few hours.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you! I used to have to carry around tons of blotting papers and would have to use them so often. I don't think I've touched them for months since I went sample crazy and found the Hourglass foundation.

Revlon's Colorstay Whipped Creme is one drugstore foundation that has worked well for me.  I also like Hourglass Immaculate, but it's $55, so pretty pricey. 

Not a foundation, but I've been using it as a primer/setting powder, and it helps extend the wear of my foundation:  Mattify! Ultra by Mattify Cosmetics.  It has enabled me to wear some foundations that would get too dewy too quickly otherwise.  My skin is extremely oily, always has been.

I would also recommend Hourglass Immaculate foundation. I actually felt the clay sucking oil from my face the first day I tried it. (The Rep put it on me and didn't moisturize my skin; otherwise it doesn't feel that bad.) The color range isn't that great for this foundation IMO so I'd recommend picking up Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15. It's expensive, but is a HG primer for oily-skinned beauties. Be careful if you are darker skin as it can leave a white cast on your face.

I've combination/oily skin, and I've tried so so many primers and foundations.  I haven't found my HG yet, but there are a couple I like.  I've been using the Loreal Magic Nude Liquid...that's not the right name but you'll know it when you see it.  I've used that and Maybelline FitMe with and without several kinds of primer, and honestly those two get less oily without any primer underneath, which is totally opposite of what I would have thought.  I've also used Maybelline Dream Matte mousse and I might be returning to that soon.

Currently I use Korres primer which is super pricy but it really keeps the oil at bay.  Over it I use Revlon Colorstay combination skin foundation- a very small amount buffed out with a foundation brush- and that combo seems to be working well. I also really like the Oil Slick powder by Urban Decay, but it is expensive and I've found the packaging to be less than stellar but it is the only actual invisible powder I've ever tried.

Hourglass Immaculate is REALLY great for oily oily skin.  It's a bit pricey but I usually use just 1/2 a pump for my tzone.   Their primer is also amazing.

Back