Sign in to follow this  
nicepenguins

Favorite drugstore items for SS?

Hi all! Inspired by zadi's post this morning about drugstore items I thought it would be fun for us all to post our favorite drugstore items and brands for budget minded SS picks. I like Yes To, Burt's Bees, NYX, pretty much any nail items, maybelline mascaras, dr teals Epsom salts, and revlon sheer balms balm stains etc. What are your faves?

I love Revlon. I've never had one bad product from them. Vaseline mini lip pots are amazing, I particularly like the rosy lips one and have stocked up. I'd love to try the new Loreal Butterfly mascara. And Anything from the Hunger Games collection from covergirl. I'd also love to try the Marchesa for Revlon nail strips.

I would love to try anything from the Flower line Drew Berrymore started..I just saw it for the first time yesterday at Walmart, and I was like, "Wait..WHEN did this happen??!"

I like Yes to, Burt's bees (never tried their skincare products) and Maybelline mascara. I would love to try Milani blush, bronzer, eyeliner,  NYX lip creams, jumbo sticks and blush, and Revlon just bitten lip balm

I would love to try anything from the Flower line Drew Berrymore started..I just saw it for the first time yesterday at Walmart, and I was like, "Wait..WHEN did this happen??!"
My mom swears by the Flower line. She's always talking about it.

My mom swears by the Flower line. She's always talking about it.
Ooh..Really?? What are her favs?? I need a starting point Lol!

Ooh..Really?? What are her favs?? I need a starting point Lol!
She really loves the BB cream and lip butters. Also she cannot refuse the nail laquer. My mom is kind of my beauty brand counterpart. She is always suggesting drugstore products and I can ring off every prestige brand. So we both have quite the collection of high and low end HG items.

polishes- Sally Hansen (love their glitters & duo/multichromes, & their nail wraps too), wet n ' wild (espec their glitters!), Revlon, Kiss kits for nail art stuff, anything from Fantasy makers (from wet n' wild) Halloween stuff! Kleancolor holograph polishes are some of my faves!

-NYX & Essence (both of which are very hard for me to find where I live) I own only 1 Essence polish and none from NYX.

I tend to buy:

• Rimmel London: (love their liners and use Clover frequently)
  • NYX: (I'll never say no to NYX even if I already own the color) specifically their automatic eyeliners and lip liners, their jumbo lip liners, their lipsticks and glide on eyeliners.
  • Wet n Wild: especially any of the new LE items. I hate going all the way out to Fred Meyer to see if MAYBE they have the LE items which has resulted in me not buying WnW lately.
  • Maybelline: specifically the Tattoo shadows. I own most of the core ones and all of the older LE ones but like WnW I haven't been able to find any of the newer LE ones released within the last three to four months.
  • ULTA line of shower gels and body lotions. I'm in lust with their Buttercream Cupcake line. Actually anything that smells like a vanilla cupcake I'm good with.
  • Every Drop Spatulas: I never can have enough of those.
    http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftWrapWonderland/stockingStuffers?productId=10032831&N=62523
    http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftWrapWonderland/stockingStuffers?productId=10036527&N=62523&Nao=50
  • Lotion Saver Bottle Couplers: Oh I love these because I travel and like to take my own stuff with me rather than buy travel size products these help pouring from the big bottle into the smaller one so much easier!

Oh I don't take bathes, only showers.

I always have Blistex medicated lip balm and Lubriderm body lotion handy. I'd love to try an EOS lip balm and Simple cleansing facial wipes. I'm also in need of a new loofah!  

I always have Blistex medicated lip balm and Lubriderm body lotion handy. I'd love to try an EOS lip balm and Simple cleansing facial wipes. I'm also in need of a new loofah!  
I want the new winter collection of EOS balms. Has anyone tried their hand lotion?

Maybelline Color Tattoos - still looking for the matte LEs

Jesse's Girl - liquid eyeliner pen

Dark berry and plum balm stains and associated lip liners - I have very few lip liners

Yes to Cucumbers - Makeup remover wipes

Willing to try new things, just NOT mascara or BB cream - I found my HG (ModelCo Fiber LashXtend and Missha M Perfect in 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

I tend to buy:

• Rimmel London: (love their liners and use Clover frequently)
  • NYX: (I'll never say no to NYX even if I already own the color) specifically their automatic eyeliners and lip liners, their jumbo lip liners, their lipsticks and glide on eyeliners.
  • Wet n Wild: especially any of the new LE items. I hate going all the way out to Fred Meyer to see if MAYBE they have the LE items which has resulted in me not buying WnW lately.
  • Maybelline: specifically the Tattoo shadows. I own most of the core ones and all of the older LE ones but like WnW I haven't been able to find any of the newer LE ones released within the last three to four months.
  • ULTA line of shower gels and body lotions. I'm in lust with their Buttercream Cupcake line. Actually anything that smells like a vanilla cupcake I'm good with.
  • Every Drop Spatulas: I never can have enough of those.
    http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftWrapWonderland/stockingStuffers?productId=10032831&N=62523
    http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftWrapWonderland/stockingStuffers?productId=10036527&N=62523&Nao=50
  • Lotion Saver Bottle Couplers: Oh I love these because I travel and like to take my own stuff with me rather than buy travel size products these help pouring from the big bottle into the smaller one so much easier!

Oh I don't take bathes, only showers.

Did you not find the Color Tattoo Summer LEs,  I picked up 2 extras, if you want to PM me.

I'll add NYX glide on eyeliners to my list

My Faves!! 

NYX :  jumbo eye pencil in milk! Butter glosses!

Revlon :  Just Bitten lippies and the new ones seem great too! Also the lip butters.

Maybelline :  color whispers!! 24 hr eye tattoos. Loved the summer ones!!

Rimmel :  Show Off Lip Lacquers aka Apocalips

Nivea lip butters ( my fave is the raspberry)

Can you tell I like lippies?!?! haha Really haven't tried too many other drugstore products besides the lippies.

She really loves the BB cream and lip butters. Also she cannot refuse the nail laquer. My mom is kind of my beauty brand counterpart. She is always suggesting drugstore products and I can ring off every prestige brand. So we both have quite the collection of high and low end HG items.
That's awesome! It's good to have a "balancing" beauty partner..my mom has no clue there is any other makeup brand in existence besides Merle Norman. blagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKaye View Post

I love Revlon. I've never had one bad product from them. Vaseline mini lip pots are amazing, I particularly like the rosy lips one and have stocked up.

I always use Vaseline on my lips. i hate when i lips feel even slightly dry. i wish they sold the Vaseline lip therapy tin (in rosy) in the States. I believe it's only sold overseas but i have seen the mini lip pots in rosy that i've been meaning to try.

I also like the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Oh and I've read (and seen) reallyl good reviews on the Revlon Matte Color Balms that just came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

Quote:

I love Revlon. I've never had one bad product from them. Vaseline mini lip pots are amazing, I particularly like the rosy lips one and have stocked up.

I always use Vaseline on my lips. i hate when i lips feel even slightly dry. i wish they sold the Vaseline lip therapy tin (in rosy) in the States. I believe it's only sold overseas but i have seen the mini lip pots in rosy that i've been meaning to try.

I also like the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Oh and I've read (and seen) reallyl good reviews on the Revlon Matte Color Balms that just came out.

I have 4 of the Matte Color Balms, Shameless, Striking, Sultry, and Standout.  I love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanner2005 View Post

I have 4 of the Matte Color Balms, Shameless, Striking, Sultry, and Standout.  I love them.

they are on sale this week at RiteAid and Walgreens but of course I can't find the colors I want. UGH! Sultry is one of them. I love the swatches i've seen. I also want elusive and possibly unapologetic. Still not sure about that last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

they are on sale this week at RiteAid and Walgreens but of course I can't find the colors I want. UGH! Sultry is one of them. I love the swatches i've seen. I also want elusive and possibly unapologetic. Still not sure about that last one.

Samesies- even though I've been to about a million Walgreens.  People in Chicago, please shout out where you find these if you do.. I'm looking EVERYWHERE.

Also can't find the Vaseline in Rosy.  Want it so badly!

I always use Vaseline on my lips. i hate when i lips feel even slightly dry. i wish they sold the Vaseline lip therapy tin (in rosy) in the States. I believe it's only sold overseas but i have seen the mini lip pots in rosy that i've been meaning to try. I also like the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Oh and I've read (and seen) reallyl good reviews on the Revlon Matte Color Balms that just came out.
They do sell the Vaseline Rosy lips in the states. I just bought 4 at target.

Quote:

They do sell the Vaseline Rosy lips in the states. I just bought 4 at target.

i've seen the rosy lips in the pots but not the tins. You've seen the rosy lips tins in Target?

I've heard good things about that line.

Okay I am so glad I started this thread bc I absolutely want to try everything you are all recommending when the holidays are over. Oh, following zadi's comment on Ulta, I am obsessed with wanting to get the macaron shower smoothie they have right now.

i've seen the rosy lips in the pots but not the tins. You've seen the rosy lips tins in Target?
I have rosy lips in a pot. It is awesome! I believe that the tins are in Europe and the pots are a US thing.