Weird... Max Factor & Covergirl Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
People were all excited about Max Factor's Lash Perfection mascara, there was a lot of hype, but it became really hard to find. Then CoverGirl introduced a similar product called Lash Exact. Max Factor and Covergirl are both owned by Procter and Gamble. Does anyone have both Lash Perfection and Lash Exact? Are they different from each other? Maybe it's just a marketing trick on P&G's part.

Well I really don't like Lash Exact, but I haven't gotten my Lash Perfection yet. I was talking to a MUA who has both, and she said that she hated Lash Exact (like me), but LOVES her Lash Perfection. So there must be SOME difference.

LOL and I remember reading that someone liked Lash Exact better than LP! I think that it is a matter of trying them both and seeing which one you prefer. I don't think they are the same though...just similar.

I haven't had the opportunity to try Lash Perfection, but I have tried Lash Exact and I love it!! And just for the record....the world is full of marketing tricks!

I am looking to try both if these but, sadly, I cannot find either! Guess I'm forced to wait.

I haven't tried Lash Exact but I do have Lash Perfection and I'm not that crazy about it. I have so many backups because of all the hype I wanted to stock up :icon_roll

I prefer MF regular 2000 Calorie, I guess its because my lashes are already long... they are just skimpy lol

I have tried both & I prefer MF LP over lash exact I still love my :icon_love MF 2000 calorie more than any of them though :icon_wink

I have tried both and prefer LP to LE. The Cover Girl seems like only the applicator is superior. I am thinking that I will try the wand with another mascara like Voluminous and see what happens.

The LP is a good mascara with a killer wand. It may not be the best ever in the whole world as I had hoped from the hype, but it is exceptional. It goes on quickly and easily. I could use get by with one coat, with two, it is great - dramatic lashes without clumps and obvious problems.

I think Jennifer (from the mod squad) has tried both so hopefully she can post her opinion here too. Alot of companies have a few brands and they all market the same kinda products but they're not exactly the same. I know CD Diorshow & BeneFit Bad Gal mascara are made by the same manufacturers but i dont think they're the SAME mascara

I think the Lash Exact formula is thinner & takes longer to dry

I have lash exact and don't really like it, it makes my lashes to hard! I also have lash perfection and think it better then lash exact. But gotta say I was a little disappointed! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I do like it however, but it seemed to wipe off on my lids. I would say my all time favotire would be MF 2000 calories!

I still haven't seen a tube of the MF but the CG is every where around here now. The MF sections around here are pretty skimpy on every product. So even if they were the same, I'm glad they make both!

I've seen the CG LE display at Target empty and fill 2x in less than 11 days. I think it's good stuff but if I had another fav brand I would just use the new brush in my old brand.

I haven't tried MF LP, but I do have CG LE and I like it, but I don't like it more than Loreal Voluminous or MF 2000 Calorie. It's an ok mascara. When I'm done using it, I will try something new. I like it ok, but I wasn't impressed by it at all.

Back