Skincare Helpppp!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay...ladies..you asked for a thread, and I'm answering! Lol!

Please keep in mind that professional skin care advice does tend to differ.

although it shouldn't.

My way is the right way. Lol!

So I have generally clear skin except for my chin and sometimes around my nose. Around my mouth and on my chin my pores are really clogged and I have no idea how to take care of that. I have oily skin on my t-zone and during the winter my cheeks can get really dry and flaky.

I am mostly looking for a product that will not cause me to breakout more, but will lightly moisturize and help my pores and acne.

Any suggestions that you have, all-seeing @Tiffany27la?

So Sweet Of U..... Thank U!!! I can't wait to read your advice & incorporate the "right way" into my regime . PS- I wouldn't mind your gumbo receipe either...lol! NOLA is my Fav City in the US- best city, best food, amazing people!!!

LOL! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> love you, too, lil missy! Ok...anytime a new client comes to see me , I always start with the basics..like, asking them how many times they wash their face, lol.. Seriously..it ALL starts there. You can use the most expensive/amazing/wonderful oils/serums/moisturizers, but their not going to do squat for your skin if they can't get where they need to go, which is effectively absorbed into the dermis. Why do you need to wash your face three times? Excellent question. The first time your actually washing off tiny environmental toxins/particles/free radicals that are invisible to the naked eye but attach themselves to your skin throughout the course of the day... In turn, this allows you to more effectively remove makeup with the second cleansing, and your *finally* cleansing and treating your skin the third time you wash your face. If you change absolutely nothing else but this in your daily routine, I am 100% positive you'll see amazing results and far less congestion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so excited to read your tips!!

I have a question about the order of applying stuff to my face.  I've always heard that you apply eye cream, then serum, then face cream.  But lately, I've been hearing that you should apply in order of heaviness (lightest first).  So should I be applying serum (I use Ole Henriksen Truth Serum) and then eye cream (varies, but heavier and creamier than the serum)?

[@]Tiffany27la[/@] to the rescue!! Help us!! Can you explain the 3x washing thing? And pleeeease give me a good cleanser & moisturizer recommendation. I moisturize multiple times a day and my skin is still like the Sahara plus I'm getting a line by my mouth ahhhh!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL!
smile.gif
love you, too, lil missy!

Ok...anytime a new client comes to see me , I always start with the basics..like, asking them how many times they wash their face, lol.. Seriously..it ALL starts there. You can use the most expensive/amazing/wonderful oils/serums/moisturizers, but their not going to do squat for your skin if they can't get where they need to go, which is effectively absorbed into the dermis.

Why do you need to wash your face three times? Excellent question.

The first time your actually washing off tiny environmental toxins/particles/free radicals that are invisible to the naked eye but attach themselves to your skin throughout the course of the day...

In turn, this allows you to more effectively remove makeup with the second cleansing, and your *finally* cleansing and treating your skin the third time you wash your face. If you change absolutely nothing else but this in your daily routine, I am 100% positive you'll see amazing results and far less congestion
smile.gif

I am starting this tonight!!!! thank you so much, you are such an amazing person!

Washing 3 times every night for the rest of my life- hubby is on board too!! Thanks Tiffany:)

Do you wash all 3 times with same cleanser or use different ones? And is it 3 times right after each other?

I'm so excited to read your tips!! I have a question about the order of applying stuff to my face.  I've always heard that you apply eye cream, then serum, then face cream.  But lately, I've been hearing that you should apply in order of heaviness (lightest first).  So should I be applying serum (I use Ole Henriksen Truth Serum) and then eye cream (varies, but heavier and creamier than the serum)?
Typically, yes... You want to layer things in order of "heaviness"...(and to take it a step further, the products in your routine that are water-based should be layered first, followed by those that are oil-based) but I do always apply eye products first..patted in a circular motion around the exterior orbital bone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Typically, yes... You want to layer things in order of "heaviness"...(and to take it a step further, the products in your routine that are water-based should be layered first, followed by those that are oil-based) but I do always apply eye products first..patted in a circular motion around the exterior orbital bone
smile.gif

Thank you!  And I currently clean my face 2x--once with a facial cleansing oil (mostly to remove makeup) then with another cleanser.  I'm adding #3 starting tonight!

Washing 3 times every night for the rest of my life- hubby is on board too!! Thanks Tiffany:)
Haha! I know it seems like a lot at first, but I promise it's worth taking the extra five minutes or so every night! Your skin will thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I gather that running a make up remover cloth over your face 3 times does NOT count as washing your face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I've been really, really bad about this!

Do you wash all 3 times with same cleanser or use different ones? And is it 3 times right after each other?
Yes, three *consecutive* cleansings...aaand I just so happen to use three different cleansers, but it is by no means required to do so! I use a combination of foaming and cream cleansers...but, again, this is just my personal preference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I will say that those of you who tend to battle dryer skin will probably notice a more comfortable difference by ending the cleansing routine with a cream base cleanser because the lipids will help aid in moisture restoration :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aargh! I'm trying to reply to everybody but I'm on my phone, so it's highly possible I'm not :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I missed you, I promise it wasn't intentional! Just post again, and I'll answer as soon as I get to my laptop :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is there any way to prevent breakouts that happen in conjunction with my period? I always get painful acne right on or just inside my hairline right before my period starts. I don't use any styling products in my hair, and I don't smear makeup into my hairline lol. Also, what's a good deep cleanser to use? My skin is generally pretty clear, so I only use light to medium coverage Asian BB creams. I know that they have a tendency to clog pores though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use cetaphil daily

Latest posts

Back