New Beauty Test Tube - January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received an email yesterday for this one, they have already billed my credit card and the email states that two weeks prior to shipment is when they'll bill. However the email goes on to say that they'll be mailing them out on the first of January, which is a bit further out than two weeks from today. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBlonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received an email yesterday for this one, they have already billed my credit card and the email states that two weeks prior to shipment is when they'll bill. However the email goes on to say that they'll be mailing them out on the first of January, which is a bit further out than two weeks from today.
Are you sure that they charged your card?  I received the same email, but nothing charged yet.  I was having a problem with my card while traveling when the email came, so maybe they could not post a charge that day.

There's a sneak peek video up on YouTube

Is it me, or are some of the item similar to the last tube?

Quote: Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a sneak peek video up on YouTube
Oh yes, the shampoo & conditioner is very similar.  There are Mally eyeliners in many of the QVC Test Tubes.  The candle is the same as the last tube.  Let hope that by sneak peek, they don't mean that this is everything in the tube.

Not thrilled...but I will use the stuff. I'm gonna cancel and just pick up tubes once I see the contents. When's the next QvC one?

Quote: Originally Posted by MzKayleeJames /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not thrilled...but I will use the stuff. I'm gonna cancel and just pick up tubes once I see the contents. When's the next QvC one?
January, check their website starting about the 5th or so...

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  did anyone get their magazine from the last tube? i didnt'
 I didn't either.  But I didn't miss it.  If I could, I'd take the tube without the magazine.

NBTT newbie here! I am sooo confused. Why are the QVC and regular New Beauty subscriptions different? Does signing up for one sign up for the other? Do they tend to differ in brands and types of items?

Sorry for the influx of questions.

Quote: Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   I didn't either.  But I didn't miss it.  If I could, I'd take the tube without the magazine.
Wasn't there a slip of paper or something that said the magazine would be sent at a later time?

Quote: Originally Posted by junkiejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Are you sure that they charged your card?  I received the same email, but nothing charged yet.  I was having a problem with my card while traveling when the email came, so maybe they could not post a charge that day.

I was definitely charged. It showed up on my Citi account.

Screencaps in the Spoiler below. They did say that there would be other items in the tube besides these.

They did say that in the reveal video however on their page where they have the tube with it's items pictured (includes the magazine in the background with the small plastic extra sample bag), I've only seen one extra item, blah! Counting the shampoo and conditioner as two items, there seems to really only be 7 items in the tube but they have most of them listed as full size.  I'm at such odds over this sub, it's SO much money for 4 times a year if there's only 7 items which includes shampoo and conditioner but yet I'm just always SO intrigued by it!!! I've splurged and gotten this one and the QVC one for the past 2 tubes but they fell in different months. For January, they will BOTH be shipping so I'm watching very carefully to make sure I MUST need the items from the QVC tube.

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They did say that in the reveal video however on their page where they have the tube with it's items pictured (includes the magazine in the background with the small plastic extra sample bag), I've only seen one extra item, blah! Counting the shampoo and conditioner as two items, there seems to really only be 7 items in the tube but they have most of them listed as full size.  I'm at such odds over this sub, it's SO much money for 4 times a year if there's only 7 items which includes shampoo and conditioner but yet I'm just always SO intrigued by it!!! I've splurged and gotten this one and the QVC one for the past 2 tubes but they fell in different months. For January, they will BOTH be shipping so I'm watching very carefully to make sure I MUST need the items from the QVC tube.
actually, I forgot.... it's SIX times a year now!

I got an email offer to join this box for $20.95. I'm on the fence whether to join. The only thing I was really ooh-ing and ahh-ing over was that candle. 

How do you sign up for the QVC one? I searched for it on the QVC website and it just said sold out.

The QVC one and its contents is now live on their website.  You can get a one time tube or sign up for auto-delivery.

A freakin' candle and more Pantene? What?! Really? Are they trying to get us all to cancel? This was a favorite sub of mine for almost the past two years. But since they doubled the cost of if by making it bi-monthly (instead of quarterly), they've drastically reduced the value and quality of the products they send. I want to stick with it since I cancelled half my other subs, but they sure aren't making a worthwhile case for themselves.

*On a side note, I don't think that candle is a NBTT repeat (as someone mentioned)...wasn't it Sample Society that sent those?

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A freakin' candle and more Pantene? What?! Really? Are they trying to get us all to cancel? This was a favorite sub of mine for almost the past two years. But since they doubled the cost of if by making it bi-monthly (instead of quarterly), they've drastically reduced the value and quality of the products they send. I want to stick with it since I cancelled half my other subs, but they sure aren't making a worthwhile case for themselves.

*On a side note, I don't think that candle is a NBTT repeat (as someone mentioned)...wasn't it Sample Society that sent those?
We got a candle with both... NBTT and Sample Society. NBTT was a VOTIVO in Icy Blue Pine scent and the Sample Society was a teeny tiny round ILLUME Balsam & Cedar Soy Candle.

Latest posts

Back