Makeup Brush SETS (Which brand would you choose)?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this set!! The brushes are so soft!!!

http://www.sedonalace.com/Cosmetic-Brushes/235/Travel-12-Piece-Synthetic-Professional-Makeup-Brushes.aspx

icon_smile.gif

or this one http://www.sedonalace.com/Cosmetic-Brushes/168/12-Piece-Synthetic-Professional-Makeup-Brushes-with-Brush-Cup-Holder.aspx

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a cheap set.  Time to upgrade.  You recommend this set.  They stay soft?
Yes!!! I love mine! I have the one with the brush cup. Its a really good value!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Azngirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you could buy ANY of the brand/ collection sets and never buy another brush for the rest of your life which one would you get?

@Azngirl - my choice are Bdellium Tools. In fact I just ordered their Black Friday deal (Yellow Bambu Set which was 40% off with the final price being less than their IMATS prices). Still waiting for the order to arrive since it was to arrive two days ago. Hopefully today.

I love the Bdellium brushes too. You can get them on their website or amazon. I have ordered from their website and the shipping is very reasonable too. 

I've never tried any of the expensive brands like Bobbi Brown, but I have a 6pc. brush set from EcoTools and I love them.  It was only about $12 and the brushes are so soft and don't shed.

I bought the Sigma Premium Kit, and am pretty satisfied with those. I also use Mac and Real Techniques brushes.

If you're looking for good brushes at a decent price I would recommend Eco-tools. They are not going to be as good as some of the more expensive brands but they work fairly well and are long lasting for the investment.

My favorite brushes are younique moodstruck make up brushes. All Younique makeup brushes have an inner high-quality copper ferrule - which means it won't rust when you use them wet or dry. They are made to last a lifetime, and are cruelty-free. Choose from our Face or Eye brushes, or save 10% when you buy them all in our convenient Moodstruck Sets! https://www.youniqueproducts.com/ Associate link removed.

I have Sephora brush set but if money was not the problem than I would have wanted the Koyudo's brushes. The brushes are made by hands of artisans in the Kumano area and never made by machines.

If I didn't have so many brushes already, I'd definitely buy a full set of gossmakeupartist's new brushes. Actually, I'll most likely buy them anyways :) Can never have too many good brushes! They're not outrageously priced compared to many brands, they're very high quality as I've heard from many reviews I've read, they're very much multipurpose brushes, the guy whose line it is - Wayne Goss - has a lot of knowledge regarding brushes being a professional makeup artist himself, and he put a lot of time & effort into designing them/finding Japanese artisans to manufacture them by hand from top quality materials. I'd also buy them just to support a very good makeup artist who puts a great deal of effort into assisting others without receiving anything in exchange, and who has far more integrity/ethics than the thousands of wanna-be-makeup-artist You Tubers who will pimp any company's products in exchange for freebies. If I want an honest opinion on a product, he's one of maybe 3 makeup artists I check with. All reasons why I'd buy all his brushes. I trust I'll be getting quality when I spend my cash on his products.

Quote: Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I didn't have so many brushes already, I'd definitely buy a full set of gossmakeupartist's new brushes. Actually, I'll most likely buy them anyways :) Can never have too many good brushes!

They're not outrageously priced compared to many brands, they're very high quality as I've heard from many reviews I've read, they're very much multipurpose brushes, the guy whose line it is - Wayne Goss - has a lot of knowledge regarding brushes being a professional makeup artist himself, and he put a lot of time & effort into designing them/finding Japanese artisans to manufacture them by hand from top quality materials.

I'd also buy them just to support a very good makeup artist who puts a great deal of effort into assisting others without receiving anything in exchange, and who has far more integrity/ethics than the thousands of wanna-be-makeup-artist You Tubers who will pimp any company's products in exchange for freebies. If I want an honest opinion on a product, he's one of maybe 3 makeup artists I check with. All reasons why I'd buy all his brushes. I trust I'll be getting quality when I spend my cash on his products.

I agree, I love Wayne Goss, he's such a great makeup artist, very professional and knows loads of things.

I don't know about his brushes though, I wish I could find them in a shop cos I don't buy brushes online, I feel the need to touch them and properly scrutinize them in person before buying.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Azngirl - my choice are Bdellium Tools. In fact I just ordered their Black Friday deal (Yellow Bambu Set which was 40% off with the final price being less than their IMATS prices). Still waiting for the order to arrive since it was to arrive two days ago. Hopefully today.

I too, love Bdellium Tools. I have 7 of their brushes. I didn't buy a set, which was dumb, I bought them individually. I have brushes from their Studio line, but if I were to buy new brushes I like the pink bamboo set:

http://bdelliumtools.com/pink-bambu.html/

There is also yellow bamboo and green bamboo. Their studio and maestro lines are different than the bamboo lines, but I can highly recommend the studio line:

http://bdelliumtools.com/studio.html

Quote: Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I didn't have so many brushes already, I'd definitely buy a full set of gossmakeupartist's new brushes. Actually, I'll most likely buy them anyways :) Can never have too many good brushes!

They're not outrageously priced compared to many brands, they're very high quality as I've heard from many reviews I've read, they're very much multipurpose brushes, the guy whose line it is - Wayne Goss - has a lot of knowledge regarding brushes being a professional makeup artist himself, and he put a lot of time & effort into designing them/finding Japanese artisans to manufacture them by hand from top quality materials.

I'd also buy them just to support a very good makeup artist who puts a great deal of effort into assisting others without receiving anything in exchange, and who has far more integrity/ethics than the thousands of wanna-be-makeup-artist You Tubers who will pimp any company's products in exchange for freebies. If I want an honest opinion on a product, he's one of maybe 3 makeup artists I check with. All reasons why I'd buy all his brushes. I trust I'll be getting quality when I spend my cash on his products.

I agree with you about Goss. I like what you said in the third paragraph about his integrity and him not just shilling for makeup companies. I think you're right about trusting getting quality with his products. I'll check out the brushes too.

I'm curious about the Blank Canvas Brushes. They have some pretty nice sets. Also if money wasn't an issue, I would go with Hakuhodo Brushes! They've release a series that is comparable to MAC but is only a few dollars cheaper give or take. 

The Wayne Goss brush set looks interesting and a great deal for your money but I honestly can't support the man. Over the years when I was a subscriber, he's done some questionable stuff on his youtube channel. I won't go into details but it's just my personal preference. But if you're looking for a real makeup brush set, his brush set is a good start. 

Back