Pencil eyeliner that doesn't transfer/smudge?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the community.

I'm looking for a pencil eyeliner that won't smudge all over my eye or transfer to my lower lashline.  I have liquid and gel eyeliners already but I prefer the look of pencil.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil is the best there is. I have yet to find one that compares, to be honest.

Anastasia, Nars, Urban Decay! Those are my three favorite pencils in that order lol

Urban decay liners transfer onto my upper lid! Not pretty!

Tarte liners, and EM cosmetics liners are pretty amazing! 

Quote: Originally Posted by prd2bascorpio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Really? even when you use primer?

Yes, really. Although, the days I am ONLY using liner, I don't prime my lids (they aren't oily or anything) so why would it transfer, if it says 24/7 blah blah, without a primer. I have so many of them, I did try them with a primer, and they still transfer, especially the darker colors. :/!!! Hate them! 

The Urban decay 24/7 liners transfer onto my upper lid too. I have not found a pencil eyeliner that did not transfer/smudge yet. I will be look into the Korean brands pencil eyeliner to see if I could find one.

What about Lancome Le Stylo waterproof pencils? They're my favourite. Or you could try finding Dolly Wink. As far as Korean, they aren't different. Etude House and The Face Shop liners especially. Some of my Missha pencils are okay. Lioele might be your best bet but they aren't very soft and it isn't a popular brand in Korea.

Urban decay always smudges and transfers on me. I still use it because I love the colors, but I would love to find something that stayed put!

Quote: Originally Posted by ddalgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about Lancome Le Stylo waterproof pencils? They're my favourite. Or you could try finding Dolly Wink.

As far as Korean, they aren't different. Etude House and The Face Shop liners especially. Some of my Missha pencils are okay. Lioele might be your best bet but they aren't very soft and it isn't a popular brand in Korea.
I try Dolly Wink it did not work for me but I will look in to the Lancome Le Stylo waterproof pencils. I read some mix reviews about it and thank for the tip on the Korean brand eyeliner. I will stay away for those brand eyeliner.

I just got a MAC Pro Longwear eye liner in Mountain Air and I am in LOVE with it.  It stays vibrant and in place ALL.  DAY.  LONG.

It's $20 but it's worth every luxurious cent.  It goes on sooooo smoothly.  

Edited for typos.

The Urban Decay pencils are great for me!  I have about 12 of them and only have smudging problems with one color, Mainline, the others stay put all day long!  The Stila Smudge Stick waterproof liners are also great.

Subbing to this for the suggestions also.

UD liners work the best on me, and I use their UDPP on my lids every single day.  Some of the sticks I've gotten smudge more than others, but not enough that it's a problem.  I don't use them on my waterline or anything, just the upper and lower lash lines. 

Thank you for your suggestions everyone! I tried UD, Nars, Lancome, Kat Von D, etc but all of them transferred on me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm pretty dry and not oily at all. I ended up going with MUFE's aqua eyes - that stuff doesn't budge although it doesn't have great lasting power.

Sorry if I'm a bit late on this, but I have slightly hooded eyes and my go-to eyeliners are the Maybelline Master Drama pencils and Stila Smudge Sticks. They work far better for me than the UD, MAC, Clinique, or Too Faced liners I have, with or without primer.

Back