Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariahk83 View Post

one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

Looks like I am going to upgrade, love the colors.

Which ones are gonna be in each box. Because, if I take the box. I usually do It Girl. But, I have been wanting those quick dry drops forever and I want to know which colors are going to be in the 2 polish boxes. I can use my jules to get another polish.

I just don't wanna miss out on the good colors. If It Girl is indeed the box that has the ones I do like. Which are Farrah, Margot, and Lani. And, I also kinda like Mona. Hannah is pretty...but, like I said. I have a color that looks just like it. And, I have a matte top coat that will make a grey I have look just like Mae if I put it over it.

Now, if Farrah and Margot are paired together. That's the box I'll take. Then I'll add on Lani with my jules and maybe buy Mona as an add on.

So...Is Lani not coming out or is it just an add on only?

So far, those colors don't appeal to me a lot. But, I was hoping to skip a month anyways after spending way too much on polishes in the last 2 months. It would be good not to like them ...

Noelle and Abigail do look nice though ... in one box I might be tempted.

The more I look at them the more I'm just blah about them. So I pulled the trigger on the mystery box and mystery add-on. Since I had my 40 off still languishing around.

I read somewhere that the super-bright colours (there are 3) will be a kit of minis with a top coat as an add-on for ~$15 (or 1500 jules). Apparently that was the word on the street at the NYC Julep popup store the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariahk83 View Post

one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

Oh my god realistic swatches lol. I thought this day would never come. I hope this happens every month now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madricka View Post

I read somewhere that the super-bright colours (there are 3) will be a kit of minis with a top coat as an add-on for ~$15 (or 1500 jules). Apparently that was the word on the street at the NYC Julep popup store the other day.

In that case. I'm skipping and getting the mystery box.

I can just pray that I get the quick dry drops in that thing and no dupes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareclouds View Post

In that case. I'm skipping and getting the mystery box.

I can just pray that I get the quick dry drops in that thing and no dupes.

Is there somewhere where we can discuss the current Mystery Box being offered???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoFab View Post

Is there somewhere where we can discuss the current Mystery Box being offered???

I don't think there's a thread yet. :(

I may make one later if nobody else has yet. I'd feel weird as a n00b making a thread.

• Like 1

I know the sneak peek pics were already posted, but from the same website they came from, she has a few more pictures, including the actual julep ad for the collection and it looks like the cuticle drops come w/ a tool (or maybe an add on a tool) to help remove cuticles (eeeeeee! very excited for that!!)  I am totally getting a modern beauty box & add on Farrah. (& maybe noelle too.. hard to tell- the color looks diff in each pic..)

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/juleps-january-2014-maven-collection-preview/

Come on jan!!!  I want to make my box selection now!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareclouds View Post

The mystery box I saw I didn't like. I think I may just take the monthly box now. Not sure though.

If I see other mystery boxes and they look better. I'll take a shot.

I've heard Julep has an incredible end-of-the year sale. I am holding onto my 40% promo code for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

lol just watch them exclude the 40% from that too

I know. That is what I am guessing. Ugggh. Hope not. Although Julep took a lot of my money over the past month and I could use a little time to actually USE these polishes lol. 

I've heard Julep has an incredible end-of-the year sale. I am holding onto my 40% promo code for that.
lol just watch them exclude the 40% from that too
I've had that thought in the back of my mind since I got the code - just didn't want to say it in case, ha! though after they disabled it for the mystery box, I wouldn't be surprised now if they did for the end of the year sale too. I'm still saving it just in case, I decided if it doesn't work for sale stuff I have a few polishes on my wish list that never go on sale and I'll just use it for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

I know the sneak peek pics were already posted, but from the same website they came from, she has a few more pictures, including the actual julep ad for the collection and it looks like the cuticle drops come w/ a tool (or maybe an add on a tool) to help remove cuticles (eeeeeee! very excited for that!!)  I am totally getting a modern beauty box & add on Farrah. (& maybe noelle too.. hard to tell- the color looks diff in each pic..)

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/juleps-january-2014-maven-collection-preview/

Come on jan!!!  I want to make my box selection now!! :D

Oooh, I think I might be scared of that tool. :unsure:

But I agree, I can't wait for the Maven selections to start.  Only 2 more days! 

Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around :icon_neut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around :icon_neut

What are the vanish drops?  

I am excited for the selection window to open! I'm using Jules, which makes it even better. I may even go with modern beauty and one add on. Though I'm sure I'll change my mind right up to the last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

What are the vanish drops?  

Here is the email I got just a bit ago.  Seems pretty interesting!

Quote:

Here is the email I got just a bit ago.  Seems pretty interesting!

Thanks!  It seems that I am once again not getting emails from Julep. 

Quote:

Same, especially since I just bought some of the ta-da drops. Figuring out which box to get might be more difficult this month because of that...