January 2014 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I would go ahead and start this thread so we SquareHuers can dream about what will be in the January box.  The name of it is The Passport Collection: London and here's the spoiler picture.

1398877_688713971162325_1263447032_o.jpg

Based on what we got in the December box, I don't think we can read too much into the squiggles of color added to this sepia-toned graphic.  I mean, the New York pic had purple and aqua blue, and we didn't get those shades.  I'm very happy with what we got, though!

So let's start to guess.  I'll say a dark blue-gray called London Fog.  Blue is supposed to be the "in" color for 2014.  We got two blues in the November box so maybe a new one will be a shimmer or holo.  Personally I'd love a dark holo.  Don't know what to guess for other colors, but can think of some names.  Since the New York box had Fifth Avenue, Broadway, and Times Square, I'll guess Piccadilly, Covent Garden, Thames, Buckingham Palace, and Portobello Road.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thought I would go ahead and start this thread so we SquareHuers can dream about what will be in the January box.  The name of it is The Passport Collection: London and here's the spoiler picture.

Based on what we got in the December box, I don't think we can read too much into the squiggles of color added to this sepia-toned graphic.  I mean, the New York pic had purple and aqua blue, and we didn't get those shades.  I'm very happy with what we got, though!

So let's start to guess.  I'll say a dark blue-gray called London Fog.  Blue is supposed to be the "in" color for 2014.  We got two blues in the November box so maybe a new one will be a shimmer or holo.  Personally I'd love a dark holo.  Don't know what to guess for other colors, but can think of some names.  Since the New York box had Fifth Avenue, Broadway, and Times Square, I'll guess Piccadilly, Covent Garden, Thames, Buckingham Palace, and Portobello Road.
So the collection being London themed was enough to suck me in.   I'm guessing a red called Queen's guard. 

So the collection being London themed was enough to suck me in.   I'm guessing a red called Queen's guard. 
I would guess a red would be one color we are specifically *not* likely to get since we just received one this month.

Quote:Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would guess a red would be one color we are specifically *not* likely to get since we just received one this month.

This will be my first box so I didn't know. When's the last time you got a grey? London fog?

We got a very light cement gray in June's box. Is that the only gray we've gotten? I think so. I'd love a dark blue-toned gray, especially if it was a shimmer or a foil.

I love the polish! This will be my second box: A micro glitter or duochrome: Buckingham Palace A dark grey: London Bridge A royal blue: can't come up with a name... but Royal Blue ...

Blah, I'm running out of data for this cycle, so I'll have to wait until tonight to post more photos, but I have the whole first year up on my blog. The last gray was in June, although times square might be considered close enough to a gray. I could see a steely blue, though.

This will be my second box.

I think this box will include a "nude" creme, royal purple, blue-purple, navy blue, strawberry red, or antique gold.

Since we had a sparkle effect to the last promo and got a holo, I kind of think that maybe the Burberry plaid implies a matte or satin texture. 

I'm going to say

Thames: matte navy or dark grey

Buckingham Palace: plum purple (we haven't gotten a purple since April, right?) shimmer

London Bridge: mod stark white

I really like this Passport Collection idea! What city do you think will be next? My guess is Tokyo.

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Since we had a sparkle effect to the last promo and got a holo, I kind of think that maybe the Burberry plaid implies a matte or satin texture. 

I'm going to say

Thames: matte navy or dark grey

Buckingham Palace: plum purple (we haven't gotten a purple since April, right?) shimmer

London Bridge: mod stark white

I really like this Passport Collection idea! What city do you think will be next? My guess is Tokyo.
I think Tokyo is an excellent guess.  I'll go way out on a limb and say Mumbai, just to be different.  :-D

Really, really hope there are no more yellows in our boxes for a looooong time.  I'm so yellow-ed out (and that includes very yellowish tones of other colors).

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blah, I'm running out of data for this cycle, so I'll have to wait until tonight to post more photos, but I have the whole first year up on my blog. The last gray was in June, although times square might be considered close enough to a gray. I could see a steely blue, though.

I looked at your round up.  Very nice.  I'm excited to see what is going to me next.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want a something showy for The West End. I love the idea of a dark blue-grey called London Fog. Other name possibilities Big Ben, The London Eye (not historic, but definitely a defining piece of London architecture) The Tower of London, the London Bridge, the Tube. I'm so excited about what we have in store for us! Plus, I took advantage of their 3 month subscription gift for my sister and a co-worker.

This will be my second box too. I was going to skip Jan until I saw the spoilers. I spent 6 years living in London, so it would be a crime for me not to get this box!

I think a grey-blue HAS to be in the box. Grey is pretty much the theme color of the city. I would also like to see a West London vs East London type of thing. I think a purple with silver (or even black) micro-glitter would be good for the East End and a cream green for the West End. Saying that, If they did specific locations,  I think it would have to be Covent Garden, West End (as in the theatre district), and Hyde Park... not sure about colors though

Can't wait to see what this box holds! Royal SOMETHING obviously. I'm going with a jewel tone because it would go with a royal theme. 

Can't wait to see what this box holds! Royal SOMETHING obviously. I'm going with a jewel tone because it would go with a royal theme. 
I vote for Crown Jewels: a chunky multicolored glitter.

I don't even get this sub, but I thought I'd play!  

Tower of London:  Dark Blue-Gray

God Save The Queen:  Royal Purple

Pea Souper:  Deep shimmery Olive Green

(where do I sign up for the job of naming polish/makeup colors?  WHERE!?)

I don't even get this sub, but I thought I'd play!   Tower of London:  Dark Blue-Gray God Save The Queen:  Royal Purple Pea Souper:  Deep shimmery Olive Green (where do I sign up for the job of naming polish/makeup colors?  WHERE!?)
When I was in college, that was the job my friends thought I was meant to have.

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I vote for Crown Jewels: a chunky multicolored glitter.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't even get this sub, but I thought I'd play!  

Tower of London:  Dark Blue-Gray

God Save The Queen:  Royal Purple

Pea Souper:  Deep shimmery Olive Green

(where do I sign up for the job of naming polish/makeup colors?  WHERE!?)
I like how you people think!

Latest posts

Back