Case of the dry elbows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, so I have been facing this problem..more so since winter has hit. My elbows are very dry. I do have some lotions that I have been utilizing (ultra repair cream-first aid beauty, cetaphil, cocoa butter) but none really quite get my elbows to the smoothness I want. I notice when my elbows are being leaned on/propped up with, that impacts them. At home I do what I can to put pressure on my elbows as much. Here is my problem..at work I am on the computer 8 hours a day. My elbows are always propped on the desk. I need help with either a better skin cream or ways to still do my job and not impact my skin in a negative way. Thanks!

I also suggest vaseline. I work on a computer all day and know what you mean. That together with an exfoliant when you shower every few days will do wonders.

I think a while back before my desk job, I did the vaseline and tube sock trick and it worked. I haven't tried it with this job. But man my elbows get dry!

Climate, lifestyle and your activities, choice of your products are some factors, which can causes dryness of elbows. In order to keep your elbows look pretty you can use some home remedies like coconut oil, vegetable oil, oatmeal. I usually use them whenever my elbows get dry.

Climate, lifestyle and your activities, choice of your products are some factors, which can causes dryness of elbows. In order to keep your elbows look pretty you can use some home remedies like coconut oil, vegetable oil, oatmeal. I usually use them whenever my elbows get dry.

In what combination do you use them? It is very dry here in Maine because of the weather.

What are you currently using as an exfoliator? Have you tried lemon juice, brown sugar, and coconut oil?

Haven't tried those. I'm currently using Calgon exfoliating mineral scrub and soak.

I agree with vaseline. Vaseline petroleum jelly, though, not the body lotio vaseline. I also use this ammonium lactate based lotion prescribed by my dermathologist. I just realized I don't know the brand name, coz I just go to the pharmacy and point out the bottle but will check when I get home.

I have not tried this but my friend's fiancée swears by it...put a tub of Vaseline (the petroleum jelly kind) in a pan of water on the stove. Using low heat, and watching it carefully, simmer the water & Vaseline until it just starts to melt. Let it cool a bit so you don't burn yourself, scoop out some of the melted Vaseline and apply it to your dry elbows, feet, etc. I have never heard of this and don't know why it works, but she says her fiancée has the softest skin and doesn't seem to suffer from cracked hands or feet in the winter. You need to use enough water so the Vaseline in the tub is covered, but not so much that there's a risk that it boils over into the Vaseline. If you try it, let me know if it works.

I have terrible terrible dry skin year long but this winter it has been the worst! I had tried just about everything (home remedies, concoctions, high end and cheaper stuff) with no success for my poor elbows and knees! Then I came across Vanicream. Most people use it for eczema and other skin conditions and it's just a thick cream ( I call it not messy Vaseline) with no scent. Of course, everyone has different sensitivities and reactions to products but I saw improvement from the first few days and I am a huge fan! Packaging is the most basic non pretty one but hey my elbows are happy and soft!I think they sell at walgreens but I can't find mine locally so always order mine on amazon. I bought the tub with the pump the first time ($11.97) and now reuse the top on the cheaper plain tubs ($10.99),

This winter I'm only having problems with my elbows. I have a good enough regimen for the rest of my skin lol. I will have to try that vaseline trick when I get home.

I had the same issue and it only happened recently. What I did was exfoliate with lemon juice, brown sugar, and coconut oil. It went away. It also happened with just my left elbow, which was so weird.

Back