Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was planning to cancel again after December, but looks like I"m going to stick around and see about these loyalty gifts. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think they got me too. Was going to cancel and use up some of my current product. Now I NEED to stay and find out what the mystery gift is!

Quote: Originally Posted by heath67013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was planning to cancel again after December, but looks like I"m going to stick around and see about these loyalty gifts. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think they got me too. Was going to cancel and use up some of my current product. Now I NEED to stay and find out what the mystery gift is!

Right? So evil...I have so much makeup. I don't NEED more. But now I'm curious.

Ha! I could probably live out the rest of my life and not NEED anymore makeup. WANT is a whole different story.
rolleyes.gif

Ha! I could probably live out the rest of my life and not NEED anymore makeup. WANT is a whole different story. :rolleyes:
So very,very true. I have a big ikea desk full of makeup and still lust after new colors.

I'm just crossing my fingers for NO MORE ORANGE-Y COLORS.  Those five-pan palettes overdosed me on them.  They might as well have been identical as far as I'm concerned.  I haven't even swatched the November or December (which wasn't orange, but it was heavy on the earthier tones that my brain associates with orange) palettes.  On the up side, I think we should be safe from eye shadow for at least a couple of months since we did get palettes two months in a row.  

Overall, I would *love* to see 2014 filled with blues, purples, greens, pink, and berries.  With just a few exceptions (October in particular was *amazing*!), 2013 seemed to run really warm to me, especially those five-pan palettes.  I could go for cooler colors this year to balance things.  I'll probably stick around through January 2015 and then cancel.  I already have SO MUCH MAKEUP that I should cancel now have canceled six months ago probably not have subscribed to begin with, but I really like this sub because it brings things I wouldn't normally buy into my life, so I'm planning on one more year before I take a breather, but if the warm/orange trend continues, I might have to bail.  The color of the year is going to be orchid!  Let's see some of that!  

Same here!

Quote: Originally Posted by heath67013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha! I could probably live out the rest of my life and not NEED anymore makeup. WANT is a whole different story.
rolleyes.gif

iagree.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm just crossing my fingers for NO MORE ORANGE-Y COLORS.  Those five-pan palettes overdosed me on them.  They might as well have been identical as far as I'm concerned.  I haven't even swatched the November or December (which wasn't orange, but it was heavy on the earthier tones that my brain associates with orange) palettes.  On the up side, I think we should be safe from eye shadow for at least a couple of months since we did get palettes two months in a row.  

Overall, I would *love* to see 2014 filled with blues, purples, greens, pink, and berries.  With just a few exceptions (October in particular was *amazing*!), 2013 seemed to run really warm to me, especially those five-pan palettes.  I could go for cooler colors this year to balance things.  I'll probably stick around through January 2015 and then cancel.  I already have SO MUCH MAKEUP that I should cancel now have canceled six months ago probably not have subscribed to begin with, but I really like this sub because it brings things I wouldn't normally buy into my life, so I'm planning on one more year before I take a breather, but if the warm/orange trend continues, I might have to bail.  The color of the year is going to be orchid!  Let's see some of that!  

I agree! I definitely want to see some cooler shades but with some brights thrown in! I felt like there was so much neutrals towards the end of last year.

since I am new to starlooks, I want warmer colors - hahaha

I have box envy after looking at some of the past boxes - the one with the blush, eyeliner and lipstick/gloss and the one with the cinnammon toast thingie and brow set (with the blush) - I love those!

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  since I am new to starlooks, I want warmer colors - hahaha

I have box envy after looking at some of the past boxes - the one with the blush, eyeliner and lipstick/gloss and the one with the cinnammon toast thingie and brow set (with the blush) - I love those!

Starbox is pretty much my favorite subscription.  I'm fairly certain that next month, I'm going to cancel Ipsy and Wantable and leave my Starbox.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm super excited about the February 3-month loyalty gift too!

I just subscribed to the 3 month plan!  Super duper excited & I signed up in time to still be able to get last month's box too for that amazing looking eyeshadow palette!  I've been eying this sub for a while so I'm really excited and anxious to get my first ever Starbox!  =)!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's nice too! Going to be hard to guess this month. Love the lips and brows.
Yes, super hard!  The text makes me think maybe no makeup and instead things like primer, cleanser, and makeup remover.  I'm definitely ready for no eye shadow since I feel overloaded with them after November and December.  Maybe a cream blush even though we just received a blush palette in October?  I'm really hoping for the lip color or at least to find out what it is.  It's a really subtle, pretty color, which isn't something I usually go for, but it's sometimes a nice change.

Latest posts

Back