POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cruel! I don't have my December boxes (though the postman should be here any moment with some of them... I ordered all three). I hate waiting! And I'm spoiler free, and there are many pages of unread posts calling out to me, but I am staying strong. So now... already January! It's coming! And I hope it is fabulous.

Quote: Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cruel! I don't have my December boxes (though the postman should be here any moment with some of them... I ordered all three). I hate waiting! And I'm spoiler free, and there are many pages of unread posts calling out to me, but I am staying strong. So now... already January! It's coming! And I hope it is fabulous.
Mine are even remotely close to me.  I swear I live in a POPSUGAR dead zone.

My wishlist for January:

- I really hope there is a cool fiction book in the January box! Something newly released/best seller would be awesome. They haven't done a fiction book for several months!

- Something really high-end for a beauty item! Ideas would be lip gloss/lip balm in colors that would suit everybody, a rollerball perfume in a highly marketable or popular scent, highlighter

- Gloves or mittens/winter knit hat

- Seeing as how it is January, possibly something for organization/home/office - calendars, planners, stationary/thank you cards

- Gift card for online store with reasonably priced shoes

I was very disappointed with December, so I am really hoping for better items in January.  They did a planner for the limited edition box so I hope there isn't one in January too!  Maybe a nice pen or mechanical pencil?  I would like to see hat and/or gloves as well or even cute slippers/socks.  A high-end cocoa would be a nice touch.

We've had a lot of snow lately and apparently I really want things to keep me warm
brrrr.gif

It's almost January already, kind of depressing! Anyway, this may possibly be my last PS for a while, unless they blow me away. So, heres to hoping for a fabulous January! Decemeber kinda held up to my expectations, I actually said I wanted flutes in Dec. so maybe I'll get 1 item I wanted in January!

January ... thoughts of the holidays being over and settling in for winter come to mind and not to mention resolutions. And so with that in mind .... a wearable fitness item would be cool (don't know how they would do that without a dreaded GC) and a High-end beauty product .. or bath product (LUSH). Other than that a nice Novel and cocoa/coffee sounds nice!!

Ooh I love the hot cocoa idea! I would also like some soft comfy aloe socks or socks that are gel lined for winter. Maybe some natural chapstick and a designer calendar since I've been lazy and haven't bought one yet. I'm also hoping for a nice headband or a cool hair accessory. Lately I've just been in a ponytail mood and need to do something with my hair! I'll be so mad if they include another bracelet so lets hope that they won't.

Oh another idea would be a cute clutch or other type of bag, like a quality stylish tote bag (not like a grocery tote bag). Gosh I really wish I could work as a curator for a box! How does one get a gig like that? Sign me up.
wavey.gif

In the spirit of New Years resolution my wish list is:

-Some sort of healthy (but yummy) snack

-A bag to stay organized and put my Ipad and day planner in easily (Tote like said above would be good)

-lip scrub

-Movie tickets (I've been wishing for these since I missed them in september 2012)

-A thick headband to go over your ears and keep you warm

-a watch would be nice

Here's to Pop Sugar bringing in an amazing New Year for us.

January will only be my second box so I'm excited. I love the idea of hot cocoa, some warm slipper socks and a good novel. Because that is exactly what I want to do in cold January! Or a cute hat to play in the snow! I also love the kitchen items I've seen in the box. Or some nice hand lotion to keep my hands from cracking! 

I love all these ideas! I'm also hoping for:

-A letter-pressed calendar

-A book/pair of movie tickets 

-Coffee cup/travel mug (I've been hoping for this since September haha)

-Hot chocolate and a mini bottle of Bailey's or butterscotch schnapps (highly doubt they'd be able to do the alcohol, but a girl can wish, right?) 

-Slippers or boot socks

-Throw blanket

Quote: Originally Posted by Soanders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love all these ideas! I'm also hoping for:

-A letter-pressed calendar

-A book/pair of movie tickets 

-Coffee cup/travel mug (I've been hoping for this since September haha)

-Hot chocolate and a mini bottle of Bailey's or butterscotch schnapps (highly doubt they'd be able to do the alcohol, but a girl can wish, right?) 

-Slippers or boot socks

-Throw blanket
I second the throw blanket, slippers, book or movie tickets. I would also love a cup heater. I don't know if that is the official name of it, but it's a mini heating dish that you put your coffee mug on in the office to keep it warm. I think that is too specific of a thing for PS to send but I have always wanted/ "needed" one. Also, a good moisturizer is on my list this time of year. 

In general, I’d like:

More kitchen stuff. There are gadgets I’ve wondered about but would never buy on my own. I’m sure some would be must-haves if I tried them.

Brooches. I wish they’d come back in style – they’re fun to pin on a coat collar in winter, and no worries about sizing. 

More desk stuff. Nice pens, notecards, pencil cups, etc – but sophisticated and not what you’d find at Staples. SeeJanework has good examples. 

Entertainment as a more regular category. Books, movie tickets, DVDs, games, maybe vouchers to watch films online or download ebooks, for example on sites like Libero

More holders/storage: ring holders, jewellery rolls, pouches, wallets, wristlets, makeup bags, nice boxes, etc.

More discount codes for brands already featured in the box. And no discount codes for brands that aren’t already featured.

More eco-friendly stuff. There are a lot of smaller brands that a lot of people probably haven’t tried, because the products tend to be a little more expensive or harder to find

I love all the ideas, ladies! All I have to contribute is that I'm also hoping for "cozy" type items like cocoa, etc. I'd love an AWESOME lotion, like the Tocca Cleopatra (well a bigger size) I got in Birchbox this month. Oh, and (plz, plz, plz) a box quite totally unlike last January. lol.

Boy there are so many great ideas already posted.

I love the idea of a nice tote.  Has anyone seen those oh so cute knitted headbands many seem to be wearing?  That would be different and adjustable depending on the design ( I have seen several with a button).  I would love a work out theme, or me time theme.  I would totally dig a fresh work out dvd.  But it cannot be so hard, that I cannot do it, and it cannot be so easy - others cannot get use out of it.  Is there any other workout stuff that seems on trend?  What about a smart pedometer?  Is there such a thing?  Like a pocket book pedometer?  haha!  I can get some serious miles on when shopping!

I would love a watch, I've been around since June, so never got to see any watch from PS.  I finally found some video to help describe the light show on the last watch PS gave out.  WOW.  Earrings are so hit and miss, but that would be very cool. 

What about a technology theme?  Too expensive probably.

A tote or pocket book.  I could really go for a nice casual but classic looking pocket book.

You know - I really don't want any gift certificates that do not get me a free item.  Sure, send me card, but the card HAS to at least get me 1 free item.

Most of my wishlist items have already been mentioned but I would LOVE

-Something warm and fuzzy! hat/headband, mittens, or socks!

-A book would be amazing. I love snuggling up in bed with a good book in the winter

-Lip or body scrub to ward off all the winter dry skin!

-A cute wintery coffee mug with coffee or cocoa

-Fleece throw blanket would be wonderful!

-Tote bag or clutch

-Roll-on Perfume Oil

-2014 Planner

I am really hoping for PopSugar to not let me down in January. I only have received one box from them and that was the December box, which I wasn't happy with at all. I'm hoping I made the right decision cancelling a few of my other subs so that I could try this one out. Here's hoping! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i would love a warm hat that doesn't make my hair go all looking like i stuck myfinger in a light socket whan i take it off!! now that would be a great item. a lip scrub would be great too. also a really good moisturizer because it was -2 this morning and no matter what i use on my face nothing seems to be working for this chapped skin. even my egyptian magic is not cutting it!!

Latest posts

Back