Sign in to follow this  
kitnmitns

POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin gal View Post

No, I don't think so, about the quality. I think there are several girls that will talk about what make the worth of the box to you? Total monetary value, how much you keep, how much is style, I think it depends. I think there has been a few boxes with amazing items that for me, yeah made the worth of the whole box. Diffuser, luluah body wash, nov scarf, those items were/still amazing. I personally add up how much I would be personally will to pay for each item, and as long as that exceeds how much I paid, I'm good. Course I say that now...,

Very true, I definitely ended up learning that PS was just not for me bc I could never get over how much that box cost me and it was always a "i need to prove this was worth the cost to my limited fun budget" and that just didn't work. I kept comparing it to my birchbox in terms of curation (theme, sense of items fit together) and customer service and I realized "glad i tried it and it's out of my system"

I don't mind lower monetary values at all it was the higher priced items that probably bugged me most, they didn't feel so much as finds but like items they were able to snag to increase the boxes value. Maybe it's just the curator I don't like lol. I do really like the curation of the limited boxes even if I haven't seen one I would have wanted, I understand them and appreciate how they were put together. Maybe I just want the monthly box to be consistantly great because it's more in my budget than the LE ones for one off treats :) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbyechick View Post

OMG i unsubbed a couple months ago after a trial (which involved months of wanting it but never being able to justify so i just plunged in lol) and im going crazy waiting for spoilers from you guys.

I have a theory that the boxes' sub base has been shrinking with the general quality over time and that they had to increase price to at least meet their shipping cost increments. I've been keeping an eye on this box since it came out and always felt after they came out with the Limited Boxes that they've focused much less on the monthly one. Anyone have the same feeling or am I just being a debby downer lol? I have a feeling it's not going to get better and if that's the case I wish they would just focus on the Limited Boxes and go quarterly or something. 

Of course I'm also here every month around this time hoping dearly to be wrong :icon_redf

A few people were chiming in on their Facebook page and saying the same thing about LE box seeming like the "focus" I haven't paid much attention to them either way because I haven't really been following the boxes too closely. I only did the September box which I loved but cancelled right away to try something else. I only got sucked back in during December for the free BaubleBar necklace which turned out to be a loss for me because it's turning my neck green! UGH! 

But.. I'm going to start paying attention to this going forward. If it's true, then I might as well only do the LE boxes and not even bother with the sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanys View Post

My box hit Chicago yesterday and then... last night... hit LaGrange, IL instead of heading up to Wisconsin.  It's never done that before.  I feel like it got put on the wrong truck and will take even longer to get to me... any other Chicago area folks have their box go to La Grange last night?!?!?!

say wha?? la grange is closer to me than berlin, wi. ugh. C'MON! give me my box! *stomps feet* *kicks chair* bs.gif

- 
  1/14/2014  -  Tuesday
4:12 am Departed FedEx location   CHICAGO, IL
 - 
  1/13/2014  -  Monday
3:54 pm Arrived at FedEx location   CHICAGO, IL

I don't mind lower monetary values at all it was the higher priced items that probably bugged me most, they didn't feel so much as finds but like items they were able to snag to increase the boxes value. Maybe it's just the curator I don't like lol. I do really like the curation of the limited boxes even if I haven't seen one I would have wanted, I understand them and appreciate how they were put together. Maybe I just want the monthly box to be consistantly great because it's more in my budget than the LE ones for one off treats :)  
if I haven't seen one I would have wanted, I understand them and appreciate how they were put together. Maybe I just want the monthly box to be consistantly great because it's more in mones for one off treats :)   Well - I think you really nailed something that hits home with me! I couldn't agree more. Me personally? Again, it's how much I would be willing to pay for the item, not the inflated - or what I perceive to be an inflated price. Was it October that had the hot pink bracelet (or sept?) that was valued as $45. I'm sorry, I wouldn't have paid more than $1-2 dollars for that item, and would have put it in the category of not buy at all, but yeah, for $1, ok, sure. I have this theory that they pace the better of the boxes, so a couple of ho hums, then release a decent one. Not sure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsRivers View Post

Sigh. Popsugar's FB isn't much help...

Don't know if they changed their FAQ between those posts...but still.

Ooh good find. 

I've had PS for a year and it has been very worth it to me! Love the mix of items. I've worn the December bracelet a lot, so that box is worth it to me. I like it because it's a perfect "fun budget" for the month and the extra items make great gifts. I think my favorite items have been the bracelet, Michael stars scarf, juice beauty moisturizer, and the diffuser. And I also flipping loved the cocoa from last January!

....79 replies on this thread since last night and they were basically just updates about people's shipping. Ugggg!! I thought there were spoilers for sure!

GAHH! I'm generally just a board stalker, but I must have checked this thread 50 times today hoping for a spoiler! I feel like a bratty kid on Christmas!! AND my box is still "Processing" Boo's all around.

• Like 1

I FINALLY have tracking!  And my box shipped yesterday from NY and is currently in Edison, NJ!!  I live in the next town over from Edison, so does that mean I'm getting my box tomorrow, or will it get transferred to the post office, where it will sit for the next few days?  I wish I could just go and get it now--it's like a 15 min drive!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp2489 View Post

Le sigh...Finally got my shipment e-mail - Mine's slated to arrive Thursday.

My email came a min ago too. Says it will arrive on Friday.

If it

I FINALLY have tracking!  And my box shipped yesterday from NY and is currently in Edison, NJ!!  I live in the next town over from Edison, so does that mean I'm getting my box tomorrow, or will it get transferred to the post office, where it will sit for the next few days?  I wish I could just go and get it now--it's like a 15 min drive!  
. If it's at your post office you can just pick it up. I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox View Post

My email came a min ago too. Says it will arrive on Friday.

mine also came a minute ago. Saturday is when mine is supposed to be here.

LOL at that Facebook page. I feel like just a month or two ago they were shipping out within the first couple days of the month? I feel like they've shipped late this month.

Anyway, my tracking says it'll be delivered on Thursday, but I have a feeling it'll be tomorrow.

I STILL haven't been billed. I e-mailed them because I was super concerned about not getting a box and they were basically like, "you should be billed when we do our next wave of billing and shipping." I'm sorry...since when do they do this in waves? I really wish they would stop being so sketchy about when they ship boxes, when they bill etc. Just pick a week to bill, pick a week to ship. Maybe hire someone to do SOMETHING on your facebook  to get people excited....it's unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin gal View Post

If it
. If it's at your post office you can just pick it up. I have

Sorry, I meant it's at the FedEx Smartpost in Edison.  But I think after that, it gets transferred to the post office for delivery by USPS?  Anyway, I got so excited about finally having tracking info that I didn't notice the estimated arrival date:  Friday.  Oh well.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it gets here sooner.  It's so close that it really should.

Wow, still no spoilers? (Sorry to excite everyone that's refreshing.. Like me :( ) Mine usually comes around end of the third week of the month so I'll get my box early February hahahahhaa