Sign in to follow this  
kitnmitns

POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post

My box is also in Watsonville.. no estimated delivery date. I assume it'll arrive on Thursday. 

Like others have said, I really don't understand the zero previews/sneak peeks thing. In the Glossybox thread, there's like 10 new people who are all "I saw the sneak peek and signed up!". Get it together, Popsugar. Learn how to use social media!

Haha yeah that would be me! I saw the spoiler for the 

beauty blender + cleanser

and signed up for this month. :) 

Quote:

My box is also in Watsonville.. no estimated delivery date. I assume it'll arrive on Thursday. 

Like others have said, I really don't understand the zero previews/sneak peeks thing. In the Glossybox thread, there's like 10 new people who are all "I saw the sneak peek and signed up!". Get it together, Popsugar. Learn how to use social media!

I totally agree.

It's been said over and over, but their Facebook is a total ghost town. There is nothing on there that makes me excited about PS. In their favor, they do seem to be getting faster at responding to people's questions on there.

I was on the fence about resubbing since my finances are back in order (honestly college will bleed you dry) but the lack of information and the weird shipping swayed me the other way.

I do hope you all get your boxes soon & aren't disappointed! Hopefully I'll be very envious of you all. ;)

• Like 1

Mine left Watsonville, CA 4 minutes ago. I am like a 20 minute drive from there. Hopefully, I will get it tomorrow. I think my first box, over a year ago, was the only time I was spoiler free, definitely by my 3rd box I was checking spoilers. Is it tomorrow yet?!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikecarus View Post

Haha yeah that would be me! I saw the spoiler for the 

beauty blender + cleanser

and signed up for this month. :) 

That wouldn't be in this month's box. We already got that in a box last year...April I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crburros View Post

That wouldn't be in this month's box. We already got that in a box last year...April I think.

Haha yeah I know. :D I was talking about Glossybox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EevieK View Post

I totally agree.

It's been said over and over, but their Facebook is a total ghost town. There is nothing on there that makes me excited about PS. In their favor, they do seem to be getting faster at responding to people's questions on there.

I was on the fence about resubbing since my finances are back in order (honestly college will bleed you dry) but the lack of information and the weird shipping swayed me the other way.

I do hope you all get your boxes soon & aren't disappointed! Hopefully I'll be very envious of you all. ;)

On an unrelated note, you're like the prettiest lady in the universe. Please stop it. 

Wow, I just checked on my shipping progress & the info was sent to Fed Ex on Fri 1/10, & they finally picked up the box today Tues 1/14 to ship. The estimated delivery date is N/A. I may never get this box....lol 
I can't stand that FedEx rarely if ever gives an estimated delivery date. They're the only ones who can't seem to manage it. I'd rather it go USPS all the way than involve FedEx for even part of the shipping. My box is in Las Vegas already but I'll give 10 to 1 odds I won't see it until Thurs.
  • Like 1

My box was in Grove City, OH not an hour away from where I live and the sent it to the post office so now it looks like it will be Thursday before I get it! I HATE smart post! It takes at least 2-3 days longer for the boxes to get here. What a waste. Well, I sorry I have no spoilers to show you all! Hopefully someone will get theirs tomorrow and we can rejoice!!!!!:clap:laughing:

My box was in Grove City, OH not an hour away from where I live and the sent it to the post office so now it looks like it will be Thursday before I get it! I HATE smart post! It takes at least 2-3 days longer for the boxes to get here. What a waste. Well, I sorry I have no spoilers to show you all! Hopefully someone will get theirs tomorrow and we can rejoice!!!!!:clap:laughing:
Oddly enough my USPS deliveries are faster than all the overnight shipping company options. I know once it hits USPS I'll see it the next day. Here's hoping someone gets a box tomorrow, though I'm still going to try to stay spoiler free!

Last month, my box was shipped via FedEx Smartpost on the 8th of December and it didn't show up until December 30th.

I had e-mailed PopSugar about it on December 24th, and they sent me another box because they assumed it was lost in the mail and assured me that it should have arrived by that point.

They sent the second box via USPS instead of Smartpost and it arrived on December 29th. So basically the one that they shipped on the 8th via Smartpost took a total of 22 days to arrive. The one they shipped via USPS took 4 days.

I understand it's cheaper to use Smartpost but c'mon. I even contacted FedEx about it and they just kept repeating, "We have a 25 day time frame to deliver Smartpost packages." It was absolutely infuriating.

Rant over. Just despise FedEx and especially SmartPost.

• Like 2

Last month, my box was shipped via FedEx Smartpost on the 8th of December and it didn't show up until December 30th. I had e-mailed PopSugar about it on December 24th, and they sent me another box because they assumed it was lost in the mail and assured me that it should have arrived by that point. They sent the second box via USPS instead of Smartpost and it arrived on December 29th. So basically the one that they shipped on the 8th via Smartpost took a total of 22 days to arrive. The one they shipped via USPS took 4 days. I understand it's cheaper to use Smartpost but c'mon. I even contacted FedEx about it and they just kept repeating, "We have a 25 day time frame to deliver Smartpost packages." It was absolutely infuriating. Rant over. Just despise FedEx and especially SmartPost.
I am glad someone agrees with me!! smart post was the worst thing they ever came up with, it delays everything all the time. I did find out though if you want to pay more you can skip the smart post and they will deliver it one day earlier and skip the post office. Or wait, is that UPS??? Oh well, girls I guess this means we just have to have patience. Not my best quality. Hmmm. . ,

Quote:

On an unrelated note, you're like the prettiest lady in the universe. Please stop it. 

Ahhh that made my night! You're very sweet, thank you. :)

(I'm so awkward with compliments. And everything else to do with a social life, hahaha)

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJexie View Post

Last month, my box was shipped via FedEx Smartpost on the 8th of December and it didn't show up until December 30th.

I had e-mailed PopSugar about it on December 24th, and they sent me another box because they assumed it was lost in the mail and assured me that it should have arrived by that point.

They sent the second box via USPS instead of Smartpost and it arrived on December 29th. So basically the one that they shipped on the 8th via Smartpost took a total of 22 days to arrive. The one they shipped via USPS took 4 days.

I understand it's cheaper to use Smartpost but c'mon. I even contacted FedEx about it and they just kept repeating, "We have a 25 day time frame to deliver Smartpost packages." It was absolutely infuriating.

Rant over. Just despise FedEx and especially SmartPost.

WOW that is ridiculous. It seems like PS KNOWS SmartPost takes forever as well, which is why they sent your second box through USPS. I'm glad it worked out to be in your favor in the end. I would have loved two bags of that popcorn. :laughing:

Are they pulling an ipsy this month and releasing shipping information around the date your boxes are due to arrive?
I got my Ipsy bag in the mail today....only to get an email 10 minutes later saying "your bag is on its way!"
Can't believe they're delaying the shipping notification to make it seem like they're shipping quickly, haha. Sneaky. :ninja:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EevieK View Post

WOW that is ridiculous. It seems like PS KNOWS SmartPost takes forever as well, which is why they sent your second box through USPS. I'm glad it worked out to be in your favor in the end. I would have loved two bags of that popcorn. :laughing:

Are they pulling an ipsy this month and releasing shipping information around the date your boxes are due to arrive?
I got my Ipsy bag in the mail today....only to get an email 10 minutes later saying "your bag is on its way!"
Can't believe they're delaying the shipping notification to make it seem like they're shipping quickly, haha. Sneaky. :ninja:

Ugh I seriously hate companies that do that. Ever since I noticed Ipsy starting to do it it just made me look at the company differently. People were upset about the length of time it was taking and suggesting they go back to USPS, and instead they just tried to fool everyone and I don't like that at all.

PS definitely knows SmartPost takes forever, which is why they do the sneaky shipping notification thing AND why they sent my second package via USPS. I know it costs more money for them to ship that way but honestly, they must get some sort of discount for the sheer amount of packages they ship.  My roommate sells on ebay full time and even HE gets a USPS discount on shipping. They should eat the extra 50 cents per box. I think fast and timely shipping is super important with subscription boxes because everyone wants to know what they're getting. Not to mention these companies sometimes bill you long before you receive the package your paying for. The least they could do is at least guarantee our packages will ship by a specific time. It seems like they come at a different time every month and last month I'm pretty sure I was the absolute last person to get mine. I was so over everything in the box by the time it came. :( I hoped this month would be different and they still haven't even BILLED me yet.

It's crazy because I've only had this box for a month now, and they have decent customer service but I'm already feeling like I might cancel if this crap keeps up. I just find it ridiculous that yet again, I'll be the last person to receive my box and by the time I get it, everyone else will have had theirs for weeks. It definitely takes the fun out of it for me!

Oooh mine was sent to the local PO late last night. Depending on what time they got it, it will either be here today or tomorrow! This is definitely the fastest I have ever gotten my box!

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crburros View Post

Mine is out for delivery!!! :-D

Are you home? If not, I think you should go home now :-)

• Like 3

Come on ladies... I need spoilers before lunchtime! I'm desperately in need of a new eye cream but holding out on picking one up until I know what's in the box!

Mine is supposed to arrive today, buy my mail doesn't typically get here until about 4:00.  I assume someone will get theirs before me.  I am glad that no has gotten theirs, as it is nice to not be tempted to look at spoilers before I get mine.  I can certainly hold out for 6 hours.

This is my first PS box. Mine's expected to deliver tomorrow. I've subscribed to Birchbox for almost two years now and have checked spoilers every month for as long as I can remember. I'm so torn as to whether or not to keep this first PS box a surprise or not. I keep checking this board to see when a box is officially delivered and I told myself as soon as I saw that, I'd stop checking until I get mine (so that I'm not spoiled). Buttttttt....I really want to know! Haha!