Hair Growth Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies --

Tonight, I'm going to start a 1 week hair growth challenge. I will be using what's called the inversion method which claims can help you grow 1 inch of hair in 7 days.

Sounds crazy, right? Well after watching at least a dozen Youtube videos from girls that have tried it, reading blogs, and reading message boards, I've come to the conclusion that it does actually work. You may not necessarily get the whole inch, but almost everyone had at least half an inch of growth which is what hair usually averages per MONTH.

Here is a great vid about it: 

Anyone want to join me in this challenge? 

I'm on day 5 today! I'm not going to get a full inch of growth, I can tell...but I'm pretty sure I will have about 3/4 of an inch which is still pretty awesome! I already have about 1/2 an inch of growth!!

Hey, just wondering how you ladies made out with this?  I just did my first trial tonight with extra virgin olive oil and had my head upside down for 4 minutes.  Now I'm just letting my hair sit for 2 hours.  I actually added an egg to it before I saran wrapped it, because the protein is very important in hair growth.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blondey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey, just wondering how you ladies made out with this?  I just did my first trial tonight with extra virgin olive oil and had my head upside down for 4 minutes.  Now I'm just letting my hair sit for 2 hours.  I actually added an egg to it before I saran wrapped it, because the protein is very important in hair growth.

I actually only completed 5 days of the regimen, but by the end of 7 days, I did have about 3/4" of growth.

I personally wouldn't add the egg because you then HAVE to wash your hair after, and that will take away a lot of moisture. And protein treatments actually dry your hair out, so unless you immediately moisturize after, they do more harm than good in terms of hair health and hair growth.

Good call, maybe I'll only add the egg a couple times a week then.  It's been 3 days since I've last washed my hair, so I'm ok to wash it tonight, and I'll condition it after as well.

If you just use the oil, does washing with water-only work well?  I have thin hair so I'm not sure if it'll still look greasy without shampoo.

Thanks for the tips.

Would you try this routine again?  I did a bit of research myself and it seems you should only do this 7 day routine once a month at most.

My hair is much different than yours...mine is thick and curly and coarse. When I did it, I first showered before using the oil because oil is a sealant, and water is the best moisturizer out there...so using the oil on wet hair meant that I had clean and well moisturized hair. So I didn't wash the oil out after applying it. Instead, I co-washed (washed my hair with conditioner) most days (at night), did the routine, covered my hair and went to bed. It worked great for me.

I am planning on doing it again, starting next week, since yes, you are only supposed to do it once a month.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this type of method. I am very curious about the results that you have received with it. It does seem a bit out there to consider being able to do this and grow your hair, but what do I know. I am always open, however, to anything that can help improve the length, look, feel, strength, and appearance of my hair. Has anyone actually done this and managed to get results from the technique? I have already tried a hundred other techniques and methods so I am open to something like this, as well. What do I have to lose right!

I actually only completed 5 days of the regimen, but by the end of 7 days, I did have about 3/4" of growth. I personally wouldn't add the egg because you then HAVE to wash your hair after, and that will take away a lot of moisture. And protein treatments actually dry your hair out, so unless you immediately moisturize after, they do more harm than good in terms of hair health and hair growth.
This is the first time I have ever heard of this type of method. I am very curious about the results that you have received with it. It does seem a bit out there to consider being able to do this and grow your hair, but what do I know. I am always open, however, to anything that can help improve the length, look, feel, strength, and appearance of my hair. Has anyone actually done this and managed to get results from the technique? I have already tried a hundred other techniques and methods so I am open to something like this, as well. What do I have to lose right!
Like I said in the above post which I quoted for you, (the bolded sentence), it worked for me!

Latest posts

Back